AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone else planning on leaving the MIC top off?

Excited for my 4DR RR FE to be built the week of 8/9. However, just like my 92’, I plan to take the top off and leave it hoisted up to the ceiling for.. ever..

I’m thankful to have a company car, so I get to use my Bronco as my weekend warrior and keep the miles down.. but the memories up!

For the Texas sun I plan to buy a canvas Bimini top, a waterproof cover to keep in the bronco for weather emergencies, and a TONNEA COVER.

2883CF82-96A2-4256-9521-3D85107182F4.png
F1CBB4DA-9D35-4D9F-A228-CA2BC04AC2CA.png
BEB06BD5-17FF-4099-BE2F-36E3BC27EC8A.png

Now the question is, when is Ford going to make the canvas Bimini top available? Hopefully it’s the same canvas as the tonnea cover.
Sponsored

jb_dot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha nope! It rains almost 11ft a year here - and while the Bronco will be in the garage, the roof will be on more than I want. That said, I'm really excited to drive to the beach with the top off in the summer!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to watch this thread as the solutions will help with my issues.

The Squatch will not fit in my garage, so the Bronco will rest in a lean-to/carport attached to the garage. I will need to find some sort of cover that will help keep dust and critters out if the cabin when stored overnight.

OP
OP
RTLGarage

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha nope! It rains almost 11ft a year here - and while the Bronco will be in the garage, the roof will be on more than I want. That said, I'm really excited to drive to the beach with the top off in the summer!
😬 yea that won’t work for you! Are you going to do a soft top as well as MIC?

I need to watch this thread as the solutions will help with my issues.

The Squatch will not fit in my garage, so the Bronco will rest in a lean-to/carport attached to the garage. I will need to find some sort of cover that will help keep dust and critters out if the cabin when stored overnight.
The Ford accessories cover that’s in the OP is designed for dew and dust, says it in the description on their site… looks like that would work for your application.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will be doing the same as my Bronco will be parked in my driveway, we only want the hard top for extended travel, we don't really get enough cold in the SE to worry about it. I am actually tossing the idea around of dumping the MIC today, but then I have to wait unforeseen amount of time to get a hard top whether Ford or aftermarket.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Planning on leaving the MIC top off? BEB06BD5-17FF-4099-BE2F-36E3BC27EC8A

Probably gonna be tough to drive it like this in the "weather emergency" ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Great plan for you!! Your area of Texas is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had choose another place to live other than Va, Texas would be the place!

OP
OP
RTLGarage

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I too want a canvas Bimini top and a tonneau cover, but not digging those straps that wrap around the tailgate.
My wife says I’m not very observant sometimes… this would be one of those times! I did not even see those straps!!!! Why is that needed!? How would you open the rear door?

OP
OP
RTLGarage

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will be doing the same as my Bronco will be parked in my driveway, we only want the hard top for extended travel, we don't really get enough cold in the SE to worry about it. I am actually tossing the idea around of dumping the MIC today, but then I have to wait unforeseen amount of time to get a hard top whether Ford or aftermarket.
Wonder if a soft top only would effect the resale? If it would, I would recommend keeping your order for a MIC and waiting it out. Even if it has the issues all the other ones do, Ford will need to provide the solution… otherwise they will have a major lawsuit to battle.

Just thinking about the future!

Ford Bronco Planning on leaving the MIC top off? 1626791548774

Probably gonna be tough to drive it like this in the "weather emergency" ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Great plan for you!! Your area of Texas is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had choose another place to live other than Va, Texas would be the place!
Hahaha! It’s got the 360 cameras for a reason 😂

We love it in Central Texas. Forbes listed our city as one of the top 5 places to retire in the USA. Funny enough the average age is 12… so it’s good for the young and old!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife says I’m not very observant sometimes… this would be one of those times! I did not even see those straps!!!! Why is that needed!? How would you open the rear door?
That is why I opted out of that cover. I assume you can open the rear door after unsnapping those four straps but I still don't like the look of them. Hoping that something better is available soon... or maybe after seeing it, it's not as bad as it seems.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The cover is not waterproof. It says on the ford accessories site that it is to prevent dew and dust. I ordered one and will pick it up today but ultimately you’d still need a garage or outside car cover to prevent rain from getting through.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else planning on leaving the MIC top off?

Excited for my 4DR RR FE to be built the week of 8/9. However, just like my 92’, I plan to take the top off and leave it hoisted up to the ceiling for.. ever..

I’m thankful to have a company car, so I get to use my Bronco as my weekend warrior and keep the miles down.. but the memories up!

For the Texas sun I plan to buy a canvas Bimini top, a waterproof cover to keep in the bronco for weather emergencies, and a TONNEA COVER.

2883CF82-96A2-4256-9521-3D85107182F4.png
F1CBB4DA-9D35-4D9F-A228-CA2BC04AC2CA.png
BEB06BD5-17FF-4099-BE2F-36E3BC27EC8A.png

Now the question is, when is Ford going to make the canvas Bimini top available? Hopefully it’s the same canvas as the tonnea cover.
Well if you insist I will take the MIC top off your hands. LMAO.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford accessories cover that’s in the OP is designed for dew and dust, says it in the description on their site… looks like that would work for your application.
Yeah that would probably suffice, especially for longer term storage. I am waiting and watching to see what kinds of Bimini & cargo covers come out, though. If any combination of them can enclose the cabin, I will go that route for the dual purpose nature if the setup (both storage and weather protection)

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think those still waiting for their hardtop bronco are as happy with you as people in third-world countries are when they learn that americans poop in water clean enough to drink. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: