First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like many out there, after many months of waiting i got really excited when I finally got a build date. Originally week of 3/28 moved to 4/4. Window sticker released has a blend date of 4/8 tracker has date of 4/11 in production at one of our plants this could take few days. 4/15 contact salesman its delayed should ship by 29th. Call New Vehicle Support Team i see it delayed for a plant hold. Is it because of chips? no sir, is it missing parts? there's nothing in the system its just a plant hold it should ship by the 13th. And the date of coarse was moved another to weeks after again with no listed reason as to why its being held evidently no one knows.
So, I like many others am very frustrated with the long no answers process Ford has put together, even though I feel as though i will probably give up and buy something else before it comes i suggest we all play a little game to pass the time and help Ford out by coming up with some better reasons for us not getting Bronco's .

Me: I would like to check on status of the Bronco I ordered.

Ford: I can help you with that, ah i see that there is a delay for a plant hold on your order.

Me: Dose it say why its being held ?

Ford : well yes sir it seems that do to the slow changing of the seasons and mother nature being a bit bipolar we don't seem to have an adequate supply of summer air to inflate the tires sufficiently

Me: well when do you think you will.

Ford: The system doesn't give me that information sir however, we will send you this paper coffee sleeve that says ford on it so you won't burn your fingers while you hang in there and wait.

Me : Ok thanks

The one with the most likes wins!
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plant hold usually means something needs to be repaired. I would guess your Bronco needs a part that has a tight supply chain. A common example would be color specific part that is sequenced to MAP or a body panel/door that needs to go they the paint shop on a slave unit.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like many out there, after many months of waiting i got really excited when I finally got a build date. Originally week of 3/28 moved to 4/4. Window sticker released has a blend date of 4/8 tracker has date of 4/11 in production at one of our plants this could take few days. 4/15 contact salesman its delayed should ship by 29th. Call New Vehicle Support Team i see it delayed for a plant hold. Is it because of chips? no sir, is it missing parts? there's nothing in the system its just a plant hold it should ship by the 13th. And the date of coarse was moved another to weeks after again with no listed reason as to why its being held evidently no one knows.
So, I like many others am very frustrated with the long no answers process Ford has put together, even though I feel as though i will probably give up and buy something else before it comes i suggest we all play a little game to pass the time and help Ford out by coming up with some better reasons for us not getting Bronco's .

Ford: I can help you with that, ah i see that there is a delay for a plant hold on your order.

Ford : well yes sir it seems that do to the slow changing of the seasons and mother nature being a bit bipolar we don't seem to have an adequate supply of summer air to inflate the tires sufficiently

Ford: The system doesn't give me that information sir however, we will send you this paper coffee sleeve that says ford on it so you won't burn your fingers while you hang in there and wait.

Ask for nitrogen instead of summer air. The dealer would gladly charge you for this service.

Me when I finally get my Bronco
Ford Bronco "PLANT HOLD" @ Fordmotorcompany 1652843150211

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Tell them your dealer is charging you $500 for 70% nitrogen fill in your tires anyway, so they might as well ship it with winter air...

OP
OP
rforder99

rforder99

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plant hold usually means something needs to be repaired. I would guess your Bronco needs a part that has a tight supply chain. A common example would be color specific part that is sequenced to MAP or a body panel/door that needs to go they the paint shop on a slave unit.
I just find it very annoying that no one can tell you why it being held or any realistic time for shipping at this point I would be far better off if I had never gotten the scheduled for production email

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why was your date coarse?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, at this point they have 20 some odd thousand vehicles sitting in an almost fully produced state. My bet is they either don’t know, or they don’t have the data in the system available to the person who you spoke with (and the dealers).

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just find it very annoying that no one can tell you why it being held or any realistic time for shipping at this point I would be far better off if I had never gotten the scheduled for production email
[/QUOTE

There are a lot of people inside MAP that could look up what’s holding your bronco. Maybe a few outside MAP that have access to the quality hold system. The same system that tracks a bronco moving thru MAP has all the inspections verifications and open repairs on Broncos. One of the Bronco6G tech wizards meeds to crack into those tables for you.

ATLBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 LR4 on life support
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my "update" yesterday from Ford marketing dept. 1/6/22 order, 4/20 blend, sitting in "in production" purgatory until yesterday when the update was terrible. Chip hold with an ETD or 7/29-8/7. Like Puxatawny Phil, looks like 10 more weeks of Bronco winter.

At least now I don't have to obsess about it every 5 minutes now.

Sponsored

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m guessing Ford can’t send us our Broncos because…
  • the people waiting to buy them can’t decide on a good wave.
  • the people waiting to buy them can’t decide on what kind of horse figures to leave on other Broncos they see in parking lots.
  • the company workers are using all the chips for the Broncos ordered by their family and friends.
  • all of this is a social experiment for YouTube titled, “How much disappointment is needed before people hate Broncos.”
  • the people in charge of Ford love torturing loyal customers.
Who knows at this point, but two years is a long time to wait. Please send me my Bronco now.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m guessing Ford can’t send us our Broncos because…
  • the people waiting to buy them can’t decide on a good wave.
  • the people waiting to buy them can’t decide on what kind of horse figures to leave on other Broncos they see in parking lots.
  • the company workers are using all the chips for the Broncos ordered by their family and friends.
  • all of this is a social experiment for YouTube title, “How much disappointment is needed before people hate Broncos.”
  • the people in charge of Ford love torturing loyal customers.
Who knows at this point, but two years is a long time to wait. Please send me my Bronco now.
Don't forget MIC wax is on back order.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 179 vehicles currently ON HOLD at the plants. Its not much fun on our end at the moment either having no way to communicate with customers what the delay is.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 179 vehicles currently ON HOLD at the plants. Its not much fun on our end at the moment either having no way to communicate with customers what the delay is.
How many are calling/emailing and yelling/cursing at their salesperson? Yea, great business to be in right now..... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
rforder99

rforder99

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m sure it’s fun being a Ford dealer about now with a 179 unhappy costumers . I do feel bad for the small dealerships that are going to lose costumer’s because Ford can’t seem to get there act together.
Sponsored