paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been back and forth on a black top vs a white top and keep thinking that I'd like to see it in person.
Perhaps the MIC top and some cans of white and black plastic dip is a good way to test this. Shoot, if it looks good, it might stay for a while.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plasti dip is not durable. Or are you just talking about testing the MIC top to see what color you want to order? If so, it should work.

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF you use the plasti-dip, spray it on THICK. Thicker the better when it comes to removing it. I went light on some wheels once and it was VERY hard to clean the stuff off. The thicker coats stick together better and can be removed in big sheets (if you're lucky).

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a good idea. I've had some plasti-dip parts on my motorcycle turn signals for several years now and they still look good. I covered up the plastic chrome with matte-black plasti-dip. I'd say it looks the same still.

Sponsored

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been back and forth on a black top vs a white top and keep thinking that I'd like to see it in person.
Perhaps the MIC top and some cans of white and black plastic dip is a good way to test this. Shoot, if it looks good, it might stay for a while.

Thoughts?
Just curious, what color are you leaning towards?

OP
OP
PC Austin

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, what color are you leaning towards?
I know black tops look good but I'd love to make the white top work. I just don't know how it would look. So some experimenting could help. The renderings just don't give me enough confidence to order. So having the MIC top could allow me to play with it until the modular is available. And who knows, may be a longer term solution if it works.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's tons of plastidip videos out there, not sure how much you'd need though for a top though. I was going to do the wheels on my Jeep planning on 1 can per wheel to lay it on thick. The thicker the better, more durable and easier to peel off if you want to.

How about wrapping it with vinyl?

OP
OP
PC Austin

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's tons of plastidip videos out there, not sure how much you'd need though for a top though. I was going to do the wheels on my Jeep planning on 1 can per wheel to lay it on thick. The thicker the better, more durable and easier to peel off if you want to.

How about wrapping it with vinyl?
I'm game for anything that let's me experiment before I commit without damaging the MIC top.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm game for anything that let's me experiment before I commit without damaging the MIC top.
The MIC top is textured so I assume the plasti dip will work better in adherence, but removal might be a pain ,,,, i have never tried it so for those of you who have, please opine about plasti dip on a textured surface vs a smooth one

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do have any pics of your build or something similar? I always photoshop stuff to see what it looks like, it gives me a really good idea before I commit. Not as good as seeing it person of course but it helps.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering about X-Line myself. Wondering how it would stick to the textured MIC.
Sponsored