paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do have any pics of your build or something similar? I always photoshop stuff to see what it looks like, it gives me a really good idea before I commit. Not as good as seeing it person of course but it helps.
I play with the interactive garage and I've seen the photoshop renderings. I'm looking at badlands with Carbonized Grey or A51 or Rapid Red or Cyber Orange. Still haven't decided.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man to each their own but I couldn’t spend 50k on my bronco and then take a couple spray cans of plastic- dip and spray the HT...

Braver than I..

OP
OP
PC Austin

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man to each their own but I couldn’t spend 50k on my bronco and then take a couple spray cans of plastic- dip and spray the HT...

Braver than I..
1,. That's why 'm asking. 2,. I'm hoping to peel it off easily otherwise I won't do it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a good idea. I've had some plasti-dip parts on my motorcycle turn signals for several years now and they still look good. I covered up the plastic chrome with matte-black plasti-dip. I'd say it looks the same still.
Yup did the front forks of the harley loved it and left it still looks good.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little tip for removal: WD-40. For some reason it melts the plasti-dip. I always get off as much as I can by peeling, but use old rags and WD-40 for the rest. Kind of messy, but works.

EDIT: Also look out for pressure washers. They can take it right off if they get too close. This the reason I never bothered with coating anything as large as a hard top

Last edited:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been back and forth on a black top vs a white top and keep thinking that I'd like to see it in person.
Perhaps the MIC top and some cans of white and black plastic dip is a good way to test this. Shoot, if it looks good, it might stay for a while.

Thoughts?

Waste of time, have it done with Line-x

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plasti dipped my grill on the wrangler. 6 coats. About 6 months in, all rock chipped. It peels right off. I’ve thought about line x too ( I think the top texture will take it good, no need to toughen it up with micro sanding), but I don’t like the grayish tint which it would be darker then the mic....but I want it black. So still brainstorming

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would of been fine on the highway but the simple gravel trails and off-roading

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Plasti dip on MIC top to evaluate black vs white looks 20200227_155013
gf and i did this with bedliner ,just know that stuff is forever get it on your arm there for weeks,driveway forever,dog cut it out,great stuff would def do the job stinky but dries fast do it in the morn and you could safetly drive that afternoon.

BinderBill

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IH Scout, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Old thread but good question about plastidip on the mic top. I plastidiped a whole FJ. It still looked good after 2 years in AZ Sun. When I removed it, most pealed off and I pressure washed the rest.
Ford Bronco Plasti dip on MIC top to evaluate black vs white looks FD248C6F-67AE-472E-8DD8-B97D84002067
Sponsored