Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead of paying for a new black Bronco emblem on the rear I decided to see how the plastidip I had laying around would look. Anthracite gray matches the carbonized gray grille on the badlands almost perfectly. I’m tempted to try it on the Sasquatch beauty rings but I’m going to stick to paint on those for durability.

Before:
541A13A6-5901-4F2F-997A-3F2FC3FB1759.jpeg

During:
DA5B13E7-B9A7-4177-BD68-0492AAFB2A78.jpeg

After:
CDCAF390-078C-4570-9FCC-B3B9064C1DEF.jpeg

53D71D7D-6800-49EB-BE5E-72E2C8118868.jpeg

Before/After:
FCA965B8-1EC7-4510-89C5-8F0C0034A877.jpeg

I did two coats, skipped the glossifier I had because I liked how it turned out without it. Anyway, if you want to change the color of your bronco emblem I suggest this over buying a new one. Quick, easy & cheap.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks nice. (y)

How did you remove the excess PlastiDip around the emblem?

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks nice. (y)

How did you remove the excess PlastiDip around the emblem?
It just peels off. The overspray rubbed off with my finger. I should have taped it but just used some cardboard with a square cut out of it. My 5 year old was running around the garage so I didn’t want to go downstairs and grab painters tape.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it anthracite gray or black? The can in the picture looks like black. I have a Bandlands coming and want to make sure I match the grill as closely as possible. Thanks!

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It just peels off. The overspray rubbed off with my finger. I should have taped it but just used some cardboard with a square cut out of it. My 5 year old was running around the garage so I didn’t want to go downstairs and grab painters tape.

Only on a car forum can you watch a 31 second video of someone peeling off plastidip!

But then also be totally grateful that someone posted it cuz you were wondering how it came off around the edges hahahaha LOVE IT! Thanks for posting

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates on how it's holding up? I still don't see how that stuff stuck to the emblem so well when you peeled it off the paint. Did you sand the emblem a bit?

Looking for a matte black emblem to match my side heritage badges.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ohhh. I can cover the Ford emblem with that. A small thing I can do to protest. If they ever send it......

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohhh. I can cover the Ford emblem with that. A small thing I can do to protest. If they ever send it......
Please don’t plastidip the Ford logo… that looks terrible as a big, black oval :ROFLMAO:

Rumour has it, if you plastidip the Ford logo, Mike Levine will shed a single tear…

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it anthracite gray or black? The can in the picture looks like black. I have a Bandlands coming and want to make sure I match the grill as closely as possible. Thanks!
Anthracite gray. Total accident because I had the cans from 8 years ago when I did some Audi wheels and it happened to match almost perfectly.

Any updates on how it's holding up? I still don't see how that stuff stuck to the emblem so well when you peeled it off the paint. Did you sand the emblem a bit?

Looking for a matte black emblem to match my side heritage badges.
No definitely don’t sand. That’s the good part, you can peel it off and have it look stock with no issues. Still looks as good as the first day I put it on. The wheels I did years ago needed no touch ups after 2-3 years. I sold it after that so not sure past that but it’s pretty durable, especially if it’s just a badge.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on, thanks! I'll try it out.

Side note, darksideracingart.com said they can oversize a custom decal to cover the chrome ring on the rear ford logo, I'm going to give that shot.

If either fail, I'm out hardly anything. If they work, score!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead of paying for a new black Bronco emblem on the rear I decided to see how the plastidip I had laying around would look. Anthracite gray matches the carbonized gray grille on the badlands almost perfectly.
Stupid question, but is the Anthracite Grey the same as the Gun Metal Grey from Plastidip?

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Indistinct Chatter

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly.. if I ever get my bronco. I’d like a black silhouette of the Sasquatch. Just like the rear bronco emblem. I’ve seen a couple of the fender badge ones. Those aren’t my style though.