Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up a bottle of Solution Finish based on @Rick Astley ’s recommendation.

In doing some further research, I found a guy on YouTube who tests these products (waxes, ceramic coatings, plastic restorers, etc) for several years, providing a monthly update on what products work and fail. 6 months in, Solution Finish is doing well. (Skip to 3:55 if you are curious).

Good to know Rick isn’t a liar ;)

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up a bottle of Solution Finish based on @Rick Astley ’s recommendation.

In doing some further research, I found a guy on YouTube who tests these products (waxes, ceramic coatings, plastic restorers, etc) for several years, providing a monthly update on what products work and fail. 6 months in, Solution Finish is doing well. (Skip to 3:55 if you are curious).

Good to know Rick isn’t a liar ;)
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you use 303 Aerospace from the start there’ll be no need to restore your trim.
This is great stuff! Just don’t apply to areas you need to walk on- it’s insanely slippery.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am excited to try their "Over The Top" on some vehicles before I take delivery of the Bronco and anticipate using this on my new vehicle!
I wish BroncoGuy was still around for advice on the MIC top...he had good input, and his old posts were removed when he departed.

I think, but not sure, the MIC material is a polyacetal engineered polymer. One of the MODs at BN said Ford's recommendation is "only use a mild soap and water solution on a soft cloth when cleaning plastic"....but I don't know if that applies to the MIC material.

Aside from washing, any insights on protectant products??

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think, but not sure, the MIC material is a polyacetal engineered polymer. One of the MODs at BN said Ford's recommendation is "only use a mild soap and water solution on a soft cloth when cleaning plastic"....but I don't know if that applies to the MIC material.

Aside from washing, any insights on protectant products??
Once we know the material, then we can go to the detailing chemical manufacturers and ask for the solutions they think are best for that.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wanted to share that Solution Finish has just come out with a new product designed for UV protection of plastic trim. Over The Top:
Rick, I've researched this product & it gets strong reviews. Wondering if you have any experience with gtechniq's C4 Permanent Trim Restorer? To me this seems to be more of a ceramic protectant than restorer...but claims 2 year durability.

Also, wondering if you're planning any treatment for the powder-coated parts...In BD, that's bumpers & rock rails?

Thanks in advance...I've learned a lot from your posts.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For older trim, you should use their "Black Trim Restorer". I've had fantastic results with it, including testing on some trim from an 80's Pontiac that had been outside for a few decades prior.

Wiped it down with some IPA, then one quick application of Black Trim Restorer". In the controlled testing I also had sections which received up to four applications with 48 hours total cure time after all coats. Used a box knife to cut deeply into the plastic and peel it back to see how deep this product actually penetrated, and it was certainly deep enough to be impressive. It' is NOT a surface dressing (like the horrific product "Back to black" by Mothers) and it won't leave a residue or film.
Rick, I hate to ask the obvious/stupid question, but when you say wipe down with IPA, I am assuming you aren't referring to beer. Can you clue me in to your detailing insider secrets?

*EDIT* Never mind. Isopropyl Alcohol. I should have used duckduckgo before bothering you. Sorry.
Sponsored