Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't bother me

I think the Badlands looks way better than the Wildtrack. Gray top, gray (metal) grille, and gray wheels look great together. I prefer them to the painted modular top and shiny black grille and mirrors.
They are all different shades of gray though. Nothing matches. I really want to like it.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$800 would definitely be just the front
If that's the case then why is the only info about the rear bumper is when you look at the front modular bumper section. Even with the black diamond where the rear steel bumper is standard it's not listed as a separate part. The info is only under the front modular bumper section.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case then why is the only info about the rear bumper is when you look at the front modular bumper section. Even with the black diamond where the rear steel bumper is standard it's not listed as a separate part. The info is only under the front modular bumper section.
No idea. Probably because the site is a mess

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to get the cyber orange badlands with the painted black roof.
Have the wheel flares linex with gloss black
have the door handles color match painted
maybe paint the mirrors and plastic at the bottom of the windshield gloss black.

I think that would take care of any unpainted plastic on the Bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m hoping to install flush mount rear aux lights that are symmetrical, but the license plate location may make that difficult.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, more likely than not, it’s a set.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$800 would definitely be just the front
Don't forget from factory is cheaper than aftermarket because you deduct the price of the original parts.

There is nothing special about the modular front bumper because it doesnt come with anything.. and even loses the fog lights?

Just saying putting on a couple of basic steal bumpers at the factory could be done for 800.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget from factory is cheaper than aftermarket because you deduct the price of the original parts.

There is nothing special about the modular front bumper because it doesnt come with anything.. and even loses the fog lights?

Just saying putting on a couple of basic steal bumpers at the factory could be done for 800.
I would be shocked if you could get both bumpers for $800 from the factory. I'd guess $1500 from the factory if an option, and even more from the parts counter.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my Tacoma TRD Off Road came with plastic bumpers and they are junk. I once backed into a mountain mahogany shrub and when I pulled away it yanked my entire rear bumper off (thank god for duct tape!). I had issues with the rear sensors with the plastic bumper and it got worse (tried three separate vendors who "claimed" to work with the sensors) with the steel bumper. I reserved a WildTrak and will definitely go with the modular front (no plans for a winch) and hopefully steel rear with factory sensors. If you can't get a factory steel rear with sensors on the Wildtrak I will be seriously thinking about getting the Badlands instead (and adding Squatch, Hardtop, 2.7L and 10 spd). Also, the Bronco plastic bumper just looks weird...

Last edited:

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I get a Big Bend one of my first things will be finding metal bumpers front and rear from someone who doesn’t want them. If I pony up for the Black Diamond then I’ll be set already.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was posted in another thread:

Ford Bronco Plastic VS. Steel Rear bumper 1602304634436

So, the answer is again vague, in that whoever answered didn't understand what was being asked - we're trying to figure out if you get the steel rear if you opt for the modular front, but they only answered which ones both comes standard on - it's standard on those three, but doesn't address whether it's included on other trims if you opt to check the option box for the modular front.

I still fear it may not come with the rear one.

As I said previously in the thread, that plastic rear bumper is atrocious looking. May have to look into ordering the steel one through the parts department or something.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford site makes it seem like you can get both on any trim. It shows the front heavy duty bumper as an option and then when you click on that option it talks about the rear bumper, but you are probably right.
When you choose the modular front bumper, you get a steel rear bumper. This was covered in another thread today.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you choose the modular front bumper, you get a steel rear bumper. This was covered in another thread today.
Thanks. Good to know. Another thing that is pointing me towards a sasquatch base.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gordo, interesting to read as it sounds like the rear steel is included when optioning for the front modular steel bumper. In the trim breakdown charts, (on the respective trims that have plastic) there is only mention of the front being an optional steel.
One other thing about the rear steel bumper is the top surface is covered with plastic. Someone at the show checked that out and confirmed there was steel under the plastic.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was posted in another thread:

Ford Bronco Plastic VS. Steel Rear bumper 1602304634436

So, the answer is again vague, in that whoever answered didn't understand what was being asked - we're trying to figure out if you get the steel rear if you opt for the modular front, but they only answered which ones both comes standard on - it's standard on those three, but doesn't address whether it's included on other trims if you opt to check the option box for the modular front.

I still fear it may not come with the rear one.

As I said previously in the thread, that plastic rear bumper is atrocious looking. May have to look into ordering the steel one through the parts department or something.
The plain one looks atrocious. Steel rear is a MUST for me
Sponsored