Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is sort of my issue too. If you get the Wildtrak but upgrade to the steel bumper, what happens to your fog lights? Is the harness and button still there? What about on the Badlands? Do you have a harness and button for fog lights? If you lose your button and harness I guess you'll have to rig some lighting through the Aux switches and run your own wiring? This is a question that I don't think will be answered in the B&P. Need some answers.
This has been covered in exhaustive detail. If you get the modular bumper, you don't get the switch or wiring.
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been covered in exhaustive detail. If you get the modular bumper, you don't get the switch or wiring.
But would there be a space for the switch? So you could just order the switch from the dealer counter and then wire it up that way?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But would there be a space for the switch? So you could just order the switch from the dealer counter and then wire it up that way?
I started a thread about the fog lights and modular front bumper here and talk about wiring it myself. Not sure how the fogs tie into the factory harness, but if it's not a lot of work it is what I will be doing.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On models with factory fog lights, the switch is incorporated into the headlight switch. On models without fog lights, a slightly different switch without the fog light function is used.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you choose the modular front bumper, you get a steel rear bumper. This was covered in another thread today.
I've not seen this confirmed anywhere aside from the speculation based upon the description page of the modular front bumper on the Ford website including a mention of the steel rear.

The "answer" in the Q&A didn't answer the question in the way it was meant. They thought folks were asking where the steel one comes standard, which we knew on the 3 series they mentioned (BD, BL, and FE), but what was actually being asked was when you upgrade to the modular one on other trims, do you also get the steel rear?

The original PDF mentions HD modular and steel rear standard on those, and under "available" for the other trims specifically mentions HD modular, but doesn't say steel rear.

The plain one looks atrocious. Steel rear is a MUST for me
100% agree.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I see it a bruised steel bumper makes the truck look legit and adds to its tough vibe.

A plastic bumper that is bent or cracked or otherwise damaged looks just plain sad and adds nothing to the character lines.

A moderately scratched/dented steel bumper is less in need of a replacement for cosmetic reasons than a plastic bumper.
A cracked plastic one gives an excuse for aftermarket steel replacement though. And both factory options are pretty fugly.

On the front I'd like a reciever to use a winch front or rear.

Think I might wait for aftermarket bumper solutions.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting pics showing the diff. Hopefully Ford will do something similar with all the features so we can get most info off the web in this new COVID environmnet.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LoL, it's been covered in exhaustive detail now...but not back when this thread was created...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you choose the modular front bumper, you get a steel rear bumper. This was covered in another thread today.
Do you remember where you saw that? I find it hard to believe that you can option front and rear steel bumpers for $800 or whatever

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been asked and answered (or is obvious!) but do you need the steel bumper to get a factory bash plate or is that a separate stand alone option?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The plain one looks atrocious. Steel rear is a MUST for me
Agree. The plastic rear looks like they stopped designing it halfway through and forget to add any creases or lines. My favorites so far are the plastic front and steel rear.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was on Big Bend bandwagon, then switched to Base so I can add what I want. By the time I'm done it'll look like Black Diamond. So now I'm on the BD bandwagon, I think. Geez.

Had a '77 T-Bird back in the day, big steel bumpers all around. I'm at a stop light, one of those newer fangled Trans-Am's, with the plastic all around, rear ended me (teenaged kid had mommy's car trying to impress the girlfriend). Wiped out his front end. Bent my license plate. Ass-hole.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want steel bumpers, but I want fog lights with the switch where it should be (not aux) and I want the sensors in the back, also. I am looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket offerings will be! I also want a nice brushguard.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All vehicles should come standard with metal bumpers, plastic bumpers look horrible and perform horrible.
I am not 100% certain steel protects you more. It protects the car more for sure but impact it probably harsher on passengers. I don’t even mention pedestrians!
Sponsored