First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone seen a replacement rear bumper with a receiver that mounts to the bumper, not the factory crossmember? My factory receiver was pushed in 6" and twisted when hooked to a trailer and the trailer was rear ended by a pickup.
Sponsored

wmd1971

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may have missed it but is there any problems or things to know swapping from a plastic to a metal rear bumper?
I bought a steel Bronco bumper on eBay, but it didn't come with the mounting brackets (apparently the plastic bumper doesn't need them) and need different clips for the sensors. Ugh. Had to buy them from dealership.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I prefer the bumper that doesn't need to be replaced and painted ($1,000) after a 1 mph bump in a parking lot.
That same bumper is part of a safety system that will keep you from needing 10’s of thousands of dollars of repair work after a moderate to severe accident. Collision energy needs to be absorbed somewhere and when there is no bumper and other things to take it you end up being the human shock absorber. Vehicles deform for a reason in a crash and that is to protect your squishy inner parts from serious damage.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a steel Bronco bumper on eBay, but it didn't come with the mounting brackets (apparently the plastic bumper doesn't need them) and need different clips for the sensors. Ugh. Had to buy them from dealership.
Do you have the part numbers for said clips? Thanks in advance

wmd1971

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have the part numbers for said clips? Thanks in advance
Sorry, I had my local body shop install the bumper and don't see the part numbers on the paperwork.

Sponsored

Wally Dautenhahn

Badlands
First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone was looking for part numbers of rear steel bumper mounting brackets. Here is parts catalog photo should b part 17787

1979714F-E7EA-4466-AAAE-58C5692FC0B6.jpeg

D767BE2F-A660-4FF6-9124-EA79A4A13A66.jpeg

BronkNOLA

Big Bend
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have a link of where to purchase the brackets?

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may have missed it but is there any problems or things to know swapping from a plastic to a metal rear bumper?
did you you ever swap your plastic rear bumper for oem steel? Wondering how swap went - sensor adapters, wiring harness and brackets...

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

did you you ever swap your plastic rear bumper for oem steel? Wondering how swap went - sensor adapters, wiring harness and brackets...
i did this about a month ago. It went really easy - only hard part was swapping wire harness. I had to get a few senor mounting /retainers brackets as the ones I had in the steel I purchased broke. I didnt have to get new senors or anything. I will note that make sure you 100% hear the clicking noise attaching the wire harness back to the car on each side or youll get a parking assist filaure. I had to pull mine twice to get those clips to really clip together.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i did this about a month ago. It went really easy - only hard part was swapping wire harness. I had to get a few senor mounting /retainers brackets as the ones I had in the steel I purchased broke. I didnt have to get new senors or anything. I will note that make sure you 100% hear the clicking noise attaching the wire harness back to the car on each side or youll get a parking assist filaure. I had to pull mine twice to get those clips to really clip together.
I went with this...and it is currently on sale!

https://roadarmor.com/products/bumper.html?
Sponsored