First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know how to properly attach the grille letters to the grille itself? I got a new grille and letters, but from the factory it looks like they’re supposed to be melted in place…which is annoying considering they ship them separately. I wanna do it right instead of epoxy or whatnot. Just didn’t know if anyone knew if there was a tool or whatever that makes this process easy.

I was gonna call the Ford body shop today in town see if they do it.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know how to properly attach the grille letters to the grille itself? I got a new grille and letters, but from the factory it looks like they’re supposed to be melted in place…which is annoying considering they ship them separately. I wanna do it right instead of epoxy or whatnot. Just didn’t know if anyone knew if there was a tool or whatever that makes this process easy.

Yeah if your Ford dealer can do it for a reasonable price than I would do that.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to plug my store but here's what we found works well and is reversible. The originals are likely sonic welded or they've got a special jig with a heated iron. These nuts are available aftermarket and likely a lot cheaper than OE.

https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-emblem-nut-w707501s900?c=bD02Jm49Q2F0ZWdvcnkgUGFnZQ==

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw on like a nut and cut their own threads. I want to say they're for a 5mm post but don't want to swear to that.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found a pic online, you think it would just push onto the stakes and hold it in place?
6918F9A8-D832-4BDC-8B74-24F5ABC6B239.jpeg
They self thread when installing. If you look at the pic in the link, you can see a light thread cut into the post. They're called speed nuts.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Screw on like a nut and cut their own threads. I want to say they're for a 5mm post but don't want to swear to that.
Oh that’s awesome. I’m at work so I can’t tell what size the “stakes” are on the back of the letters. This would be an awesome find if it works cause I know people are just gluing them on etc.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh that’s awesome. I’m at work so I can’t tell what size the “stakes” are on the back of the letters. This would be an awesome find if it works cause I know people are just gluing them on etc.
The nice part is you can take the letter on and off without destroying. Ford only sell them as a set so it could get expensive fast.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went back and forth on the "push on" emblem nut and plastic welding. I ended up buying a soldering kit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNPFXX3

I then melted the stems to attach them to the grill and they seem solid. It's been through several car washes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The nice part is you can take the letter on and off without destroying. Ford only sell them as a set so it could get expensive fast.
I’ll call my dealer today maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll have some on the shelf. I think I’ll need 12 if it’s 2 per letter and if they’re $2 a piece $24 is worth being able to remove them to swap grilles or wrap letters or whatever! Guess I’ll be Guinea pig and report back!

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went back and forth on the "push on" emblem nut and plastic welding. I ended up buying a soldering kit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNPFXX3

I then melted the stems to attach them to the grill and they seem solid. It's been through several car washes.
I have a soldering iron but I’d wanna buy one cheap so I don’t ruin my good one. For the price I’ll try the nuts see if they work, worth a shot especially if they stay. I see other vehicles use them so I’m sure it would be fine as long as the stake is large enough

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

You should be able to get the "speed nuts" at any hardware store or auto parts store, just take one of the letters with you to match up correct size.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a soldering iron but I’d wanna buy one cheap so I don’t ruin my good one. For the price I’ll try the nuts see if they work, worth a shot especially if they stay. I see other vehicles use them so I’m sure it would be fine as long as the stake is large enough
The grill in the pic is one we did here for a customer and a suggestion from one of our older body guys. Worked out very well, IMO.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should be able to get the "speed nuts" at any hardware store or auto parts store, just take one of the letters with you to match up correct size.
Thanks man I’ll do that!
Sponsored