Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t begin to express how unbelievably fun this badlands sas 2.7 is to drive off road. I mean on road w top off is ridiculously fun in its own right but today I decided to play in the dirt and it did not disappoint.

It has so much power. It took the steepest grades with ease. was slow and careful so I didn’t roll it day 1 but the GOAT modes absolutely deliver. Baja mode was ridiculous, sand mode was fast and responsive. Rock crawler mode up 30 degree grades that were downright terrifying was outrageous control for this not Loren Healy at the wheel. The thing didn’t slip or break loose at all. The ride is soft and comfortable. I can’t believe how cool the sway bar disconnect is in practice. The off-road capability period is poop your pants fun and pushes you to have confidence in situations that I shouldn’t have been confident in. Maybe that’s a bad thing. How many people are gonna push this too far. I hope I don’t.

Here’s one spot - I swear it was so much steeper than it seems in video. I sound ridiculous

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 94B20E46-A489-4643-93FD-E8C3321787A0

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 8FB73B95-183D-4B65-AB16-5D2B286FCF9C

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley BA43D97E-2328-4299-BE83-86C3BF3FAC6C

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 40A0FC27-3CDF-4CD4-BA4A-82E2692CA5E4

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley B8A4834B-062B-4C48-9283-F0293B18A396

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 9B333ABF-C590-4469-A961-874AED730359

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 3279809E-BD74-42E1-8B84-9BE4EA8139D8

Ford Bronco Playing hooky @ Hungry Valley 53BF6699-97E3-4D97-9E2C-64FFE066B328
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can’t begin to express how unbelievably fun this badlands sas 2.7 is to drive off road. I mean on road w top off is ridiculously fun in its own right but today I decided to play in the dirt and it did not disappoint.

It has so much power. It took the steepest grades with ease. was slow and careful so I didn’t roll it day 1 but the GOAT modes absolutely deliver. Baja mode was ridiculous, sand mode was fast and responsive. Rock crawler mode up 30 degree grades that were downright terrifying was outrageous control for this not Loren Healy at the wheel. The thing didn’t slip or break loose at all. The ride is soft and comfortable. I can’t believe how cool the sway bar disconnect is in practice. The off-road capability period is poop your pants fun and pushes you to have confidence in situations that I shouldn’t have been confident in. Maybe that’s a bad thing. How many people are gonna push this too far. I hope I don’t.
Awesome that you had a ton of fun! Did you happen to go over and do anything on the rock crawl course?

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome that you had a ton of fun! Did you happen to go over and do anything on the rock crawl course?
Not yet, next week! It’s nuts I didn’t air down at all and it handled everything with ease. Will need to for rock crawl.

here’s another fun one

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not yet, next week! It’s nuts I didn’t air down at all and it handled everything with ease. Will need to for rock crawl.
How does it drive compared to your JL?

BTW, my next car acquisition was going to be a Porsche, but now that is pushed out indefinitely because I decided to order a Bronco. '87 911.....nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it drive compared to your JL?

BTW, my next car acquisition was going to be a Porsche, but now that is pushed out indefinitely because I decided to order a Bronco. '87 911.....nice.
I had the Jl for 15 months of 3 yr lease and really did love it. Manual soft top was a beast off-road. bought it/sold it out of lease to carmax for huge $$ in July incidentally. But this absolutely doesn’t compare. It is astonishing how good it feels to drive. Sits much higher, feels bigger and it is really comfortable - I wasn’t uncomfortable in the jl, but bronco is really civilized in a totally different kind of way. i don’t know how to describe the suspension but it feels really good - less jarring and teeth chattering. the technology that comes on bronco is also fantastic. Then again I had the most base jl I could find. they aren’t comparable. That said the jeep was extremely capable - just very different in a way that I prefer the bronco hands down.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had the Jl for 15 months of 3 yr lease and really did love it. Manual soft top was a beast off-road. bought it/sold it out of lease to carmax for huge $$ in July incidentally. But this absolutely doesn’t compare. It is astonishing how good it feels to drive. Sits much higher, feels bigger and it is really comfortable - I wasn’t uncomfortable in the jl, but bronco is really civilized in a totally different kind of way. i don’t know how to describe the suspension but it feels really good - less jarring and teeth chattering. the technology that comes on bronco is also fantastic. Then again I had the most base jl I could find. they aren’t comparable. That said the jeep was extremely capable - just very different in a way that I prefer the bronco hands down.
Very cool, thanks! I've driven Jeeps for years, never could get myself to get a JK or JL as a daily driver and light off road. But, I love what they've done with the new Bronco and I'm really looking forward to having it.
Sponsored