Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all,

I’m in a pretty good situation as it relates to getting a new vehicle. My company picks up the first 45k of any vehicle I choose. I get to keep that vehicle in a company lease for 3 years (i can buy it out at the end for a ridiculously good rate). Anything over and beyond 45k I’m immediately responsible for. So for instance, if the total cost of the car (excluding tax) is $48k I would have to come up with $3000 cash up front.
1) I don’t know if I will buy out the bronco at the end of the 3 year lease. It will probably be somewhere in the 11k range.
2) I have not done any time of off-roading or over landing but it does interest me.

I was looking at the OBX because I could get it plus the high package (I like the idea of the 12” screen).

BUT I could get the big bend squatched for close to 45k as well. I like the idea of what this can give me for off-road.

I’ve played with a lot of the builds but I’m just unsure. There’s a chance I love this vehicle and buy it out as a “fun” vehicle in 3 years and keep it.

I welcome ALL opinions. Thanks!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I thought my truck allowance/gas/maintenance was a good situation. Gonna have to talk to the bossman about upping the old allowance.

Whatever you decide, if you don't want to keep it after 3 years, I would still buy it out and flip it.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I had $45K+ to spend on a Bronco, I would get that custom one with the Dana 60’s.

But since I don’t have that much money, I’m getting a $26K Base. ???

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Settle on the stock OBX w/High package. It will get you wherever you want to go. If you love it, then buy out the lease. As someone who is looking to get into off-roading/overlanding, no need to go full squatch as it will provide more capability than you'll use.

If you feel you would like the Sasquatch package, there will be plenty to choose from on the used market in a few years when buyers who bought it for the "look and stance" grow tired of climbing into the cabin on a daily basis.

Sponsored

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For your situation, I'd recommend the OBX. Doubt the company would like you doing too much Rock climbing in their vehicle. Lol. Might as well enjoy the luxury side of Bronco life!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think BD with MIC top, mid, and tow would be perfect for that. Drive it for 3 years then buy it and throw 33's on it.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome to the world of OBX.

My 4 door OBX build comes in at 45.5 with the dual tops, rear locker, and advanced 4x4. That should get me a novice off roster anywhere I want to go.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all,

I’m in a pretty good situation as it relates to getting a new vehicle. My company picks up the first 45k of any vehicle I choose. I get to keep that vehicle in a company lease for 3 years (i can buy it out at the end for a ridiculously good rate). Anything over and beyond 45k I’m immediately responsible for. So for instance, if the total cost of the car (excluding tax) is $48k I would have to come up with $3000 cash up front.
1) I don’t know if I will buy out the bronco at the end of the 3 year lease. It will probably be somewhere in the 11k range.
2) I have not done any time of off-roading or over landing but it does interest me.

I was looking at the OBX because I could get it plus the high package (I like the idea of the 12” screen).

BUT I could get the big bend squatched for close to 45k as well. I like the idea of what this can give me for off-road.

I’ve played with a lot of the builds but I’m just unsure. There’s a chance I love this vehicle and buy it out as a “fun” vehicle in 3 years and keep it.

I welcome ALL opinions. Thanks!
When will you be retiring

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would do Boss's build, or you can make the same thing with Black Diamond, trading Sig headlights, running board, wheels, for MGV, auxiliary switches, Modular bumper and Steelies. Same capability, with different focus.

Boss's has ability to get High package that Black Diamond doesn't.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My build is a Big Bend, 2.7, Mid-Package, Signature Headlights, 4.27 Rear Axle, Aux Switches, Floor mats, Tube Steps, and a Bimini Mesh cover. Comes in (based on accuracy of the new pricing that recently showed up) at $45,100.
Sponsored