First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you not considered the Bimini tops? They should fill the entire gap. Just picked up my new canvas (not mesh) from the Ford dealer and will see how it pans out
I want something stronger for long road trips south. I live in Canada and rain and snow can get heavy.

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there!
The team is aware of these requests. Keep checking our website and sign up for emails to get updates on new products!

Eryn@Bestop
God Bless you and all you do!

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just adding myself to the list of interested persons.

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder if there is any further news on the three panel bestop sunrider...it would be nice to utilize all that open air. They could even make a Bimini that would work with it...but alas no new news.

I just did the "chat" through their website and they stated that there were no plans to make or start making one. I know the 3 panel design would sell, especially if it is easy to take off and switch with the hardtop panels.

Sponsored

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a side question, is anyone with a Bestop Sunrider replacement to the front two hard top panels having A-pillar water leak issues? A TSB came out months ago and a new one will be coming out soon (according to my Ford dealership) to address A-pillar water leaks caused by soft top roofs. My dealership had the parts to address the not yet released TSB, but it hasn’t fixed my leak issue. Now they’re saying it’s because of the Sunrider and are trying to see if there is a way to adjust the top. I told them that Ford offers the Sunrider as a build option so the accessory shouldn’t be the problem. Is anyone having the same issue or have had the issue resolved?

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a side question, is anyone with a Bestop Sunrider replacement to the front two hard top panels having A-pillar water leak issues? A TSB came out months ago and a new one will be coming out soon (according to my Ford dealership) to address A-pillar water leaks caused by soft top roofs. My dealership had the parts to address the not yet released TSB, but it hasn’t fixed my leak issue. Now they’re saying it’s because of the Sunrider and are trying to see if there is a way to adjust the top. I told them that Ford offers the Sunrider as a build option so the accessory shouldn’t be the problem. Is anyone having the same issue or have had the issue resolved?
I've got the Sunrider and the only issue I've noticed is on the driver's side, just a bit of water gets in if I run it through a car wash. But haven't had any issues with rain intrusion etc., so I haven't taken any actions toward a resolution.

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the Sunrider and the only issue I've noticed is on the driver's side, just a bit of water gets in if I run it through a car wash. But haven't had any issues with rain intrusion etc., so I haven't taken any actions toward a resolution.
Thanks. I’ve got it coming from both the driver and passenger sides. It can be pretty bad. These photos are minor compared to the pooling I had a couple of day later on the mat.

60355E66-C897-40DC-836E-01B80465D6B8.jpeg

4981BADB-A070-408F-84C9-60A4F69A644E.jpeg

FFE1882E-CA11-450E-94F1-80DBFC79A49D.jpeg

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. I’ve got it coming from both the driver and passenger sides. It can be pretty bad. These photos are minor compared to the pooling I had a couple of day later on the mat.

Ford Bronco Please make a Bestop Sunrider for 4-door that replaces front 3 panels FFE1882E-CA11-450E-94F1-80DBFC79A49D

Ford Bronco Please make a Bestop Sunrider for 4-door that replaces front 3 panels FFE1882E-CA11-450E-94F1-80DBFC79A49D

Ugh, sorry you're having to deal with that. Mine does stay parked under a carport and hasn't seen a lot of rain yet, so maybe I just haven't noticed much yet. The last photo you sent (of the passenger side) is very much what I see after running it through a carwash.

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine hasn't had any issues 🤞 so far

Did this start after the bestop was installed?...I heard alignment can be tricky.

If not, I think thought I saw a video or post somewhere, where some screws were over torqued and stripped at the front above the front windshield and subsequently not sealed well so it caused the water to pour into the screw holes and into the cabin, instead of draining through the proper passages. Maybe this is a similar issue.

I wish they had a 3 panel one thats easily switched with the hard panels though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine hasn't had any issues 🤞 so far

Did this start after the bestop was installed?...I heard alignment can be tricky.

If not, I think thought I saw a video or post somewhere, where some screws were over torqued and stripped at the front above the front windshield and subsequently not sealed well so it caused the water to pour into the screw holes and into the cabin, instead of draining through the proper passages. Maybe this is a similar issue.

I wish they had a 3 panel one thats easily switched with the hard panels though.
I agree about a three panel option. The dealership supposedly adjusted the top so let’s see if the water issue is fixed. They also applied the new yet unpublished TSB for the A pillar leak, but they did that fix already so I’ll have to see next time we have heavy rains if it’s really fixed with the adjustments.

I do wish that they would make a bikini cover because I love the open air feel but the sun is a little harsh.

EZE

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am dedicated to getting a hard top. I live where there is snow 6 months of the year, regularly transport large items in the back of my Jeep, and want to have a level of security when parking downtown. I plan on having valuables in the back like a sub box and portable VIAIR air compressor. I test drove a soft top mannequin and absolutely LOVED the convenience of just the two latches and throwing it back. I see that Bestop has a Sunrider for the 4 door that just replaces the front two panels, I would think that having a Sunrider that would replace the three front panels while leaving the rear cap on would present the best of both worlds of having security and ease of going topless. If anyone here has a connection with Bestop, please petition them to produce this!
Any idea of this is going to happen? I have a four door hardtop and would also buy this.

SweetRN

Black Diamond
First Name
Cari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Same!!! Mine leaks horribly! I’ve got the Sunrider for hardtop option And seemed fine until I went into the car wash and it was pouring into the drivers side and also on both the drivers abs passenger sides Water was coming out of my airbag panels so frustrating because the shop I went to said it was a fly with the design of the Sunrider top- The seal is poor it doesn’t go over the area as It should- you can easily stick a couple of fingers into the spot between the roof and the A pillar- not even close to “sealed” Honestly haven’t figured out what I’m going to do because I love having the option of open air at a moments notice and not having to even get out to take the tops off but I do not like to have to hand wash not to mention if I’m out in a hard rain will it come in then?? I don’t know… As soon as I noticed the problem I took my bronco in to get the paint protection film/clear bra full body wrap so I really haven’t even had time or energy to deal with it lol I guess that time is now…

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same!!! Mine leaks horribly! I’ve got the Sunrider for hardtop option And seemed fine until I went into the car wash and it was pouring into the drivers side and also on both the drivers abs passenger sides Water was coming out of my airbag panels so frustrating because the shop I went to said it was a fly with the design of the Sunrider top- The seal is poor it doesn’t go over the area as It should- you can easily stick a couple of fingers into the spot between the roof and the A pillar- not even close to “sealed” Honestly haven’t figured out what I’m going to do because I love having the option of open air at a moments notice and not having to even get out to take the tops off but I do not like to have to hand wash not to mention if I’m out in a hard rain will it come in then?? I don’t know… As soon as I noticed the problem I took my bronco in to get the paint protection film/clear bra full body wrap so I really haven’t even had time or energy to deal with it lol I guess that time is now…
The dealership replaced my windshield gasket and resealed everything (should work with the windshield recall) then adjusted the Sunrider. It’s much better now but still has a slight leak in the passenger side when going through car washes. Haven’t tried in rain yet.
Sponsored