Not open for further replies.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…says the guy getting two 21MY Bronco before most first day reservation holders get one. Funny how it’s always the people who have their Broncos who are calm, collected and telling everyone else to relax.
And on the other side of the coin...

There are those who have already received their Broncos complaining about the reservation system, ADM, and supporting Ford with purchases.

I'd be happy to buy some accessories if I could ever get my Bronco.
Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And on the other side of the coin...

There are those who have already received their Broncos complaining about the reservation system, ADM, and supporting Ford with purchases.

I'd be happy to buy some accessories if I could ever get my Bronco.
Just have to say I miss my surface TM's. These GM's don't know shit about torps.

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see how all you @Ford Motor Company boot-lickers can support a global corporation, that doesn't give a damn about it's consumers, over fellow enthusiasts.

Ford is trying to build a community of enthusiests to cash in on the large accessory market. Why should we give that to them when they don't care about us? Especially when most of the accessories are 3rd party available from other retail outlets?

Ford lost all goodwill with their refusal to stop dealers from adding markup to reservation holders when they go to pick up their Broncos.

I'll be supporting my local 4x4 shop and I encourage everyone else to do so too.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
…says the guy getting two 21MY Bronco before most first day reservation holders get one. Funny how it’s always the people who have their Broncos who are calm, collected and telling everyone else to relax.
It’s almost comical.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see how all you @Ford Motor Company boot-lickers can support a global corporation, that doesn't give a damn about it's consumers, over fellow enthusiasts.

Ford is trying to build a community of enthusiests to cash in on the large accessory market. Why should we give that to them when they don't care about us? Especially when most of the accessories are 3rd party available from other retail outlets?

Ford lost all goodwill with their refusal to stop dealers from adding markup to reservation holders when they go to pick up their Broncos.

I'll be supporting my local 4x4 shop and I encourage everyone else to do so too.
Perhaps you should have made your stand against Ford by not buying a $50k Bronco instead of choosing to die on accessory hill and pinging about $120 cargo mats and bug deflectors.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yet you’re still BUYING A FORD! and are active on a ford enthusiasts forum. If you really want to stick it to the blue oval, buy a Fiat and speak with your wallet. A few accessories boycotts won’t do a thing.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't ford letting you transfer dealerships if they ADM bait and switch you?

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought we had a community here. :( You know, a place where we can watch each others back.

I'm just trying to help out all my fellow enthusiasts that are getting stuck with last minute dealer markups. Imagine if that happened to you? I'd be heart broken if that had happened to me when I picked up my Bronco.

People around here have no empathy for others. It's so sad.

All I asked is for you to consider buying your Besttop, ARB, or whoever's accessory from a different retailer. I mean, how hard is that?

It's the least we can do for our fellow reservation holders. Maybe it won't accomplish anything, or maybe 100 paper cuts will get Ford to stop this from happening to others.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought we had a community here. :( You know, a place where we can watch each others back.

I'm just trying to help out all my fellow enthusiasts that are getting stuck with last minute dealer markups. Imagine if that happened to you? I'd be heart broken if that had happened to me when I picked up my Bronco.

People around here have no empathy for others. It's so sad.

All I asked is for you to consider buying your Besttop, ARB, or whoever's accessory from a different retailer. I mean, how hard is that?

It's the least we can do for our fellow reservation holders. Maybe it won't accomplish anything, or maybe 100 paper cuts will get Ford to stop this from happening to others.
I’m sure your heart is in the right place, it’s just that the plan is nonsensical. It’s like boycotting Best Buy by buying a $3k tv, from them but teaching them a lesson by buying your HDMI cable at Target. But you get an A for effort.

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me thinks someone needs to look up Hypocrite :)
Well, it was just an idea.
How do you suggest we help these people out?

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The whole dealership model is broken, but Ford is not responsible for ADM's.
Ford most definitely has the power to stop ADM’s, but won’t, as they’ve clearly shown us.

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure your heart is in the right place, it’s just that the plan is nonsensical. It’s like boycotting Best Buy by buying a $3k tv, from them but teaching them a lesson by buying your HDMI cable at Target. But you get an A for effort.
I think you're underestimating Ford's interest in grabbing a piece of the automotive aftermarket industry in light of the increase in years consumers keep their vehicles.

https://automotiveaftermarket.org/aftermarket-industry-trends/automotive-aftermarket-size/
  • The US light-duty automotive aftermarket is a $281 billion industry (2020) with a compound annual growth rate of about 3% projected through 2023. Light-duty is a subset of the entire aftermarket.*
  • The entire US aftermarket, including light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, is projected at $380 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $449 billion in 2023.*

The Ford Motor Company reported revenue streams of just over 127 billion U.S. dollars in 2020
https://www.statista.com/statistics/267305/total-revenue-of-ford/

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it was just an idea.
How do you suggest we help these people out?
I don’t know…..maybe advise them to drink more Ovaltine?

There does appear to be some instances of people successfully moving their order, with the help of the Ford customer service, to other dealerships. Most instances I believe are of people trying to find a more favorable dealership allocation, but the tactic could give people some leverage during price negotiations…..”how about you stick your $10k ADM where the sun don’t shine while I start calling other dealerships”. Worth a try.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.