steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of FCA’s success is a result of its own Mopar service, parts and customer care brand, which has grown its market share 25 percent from 2009-14 and offerings to more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets.

“The aftermarket is a very profitable part of the business because it’s part of the (vehicle purchasing) cycle,” said Mopar President and CEO Pietro Gorlier in a phone interview with The Detroit News. “You sell a car, then you sell services (and) parts.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...rs-turning-aftermarket-trends-ideas/21418251/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know…..maybe advise them to drink more Ovaltine?

There does appear to be some instances of people successfully moving their order, with the help of the Ford customer service, to other dealerships. Most instances I believe are of people trying to find a more favorable dealership allocation, but the tactic could give people some leverage during price negotiations…..”how about you stick your $10k ADM where the sun don’t shine while I start calling other dealerships”. Worth a try.
I asked how "we" could help and you reply with that? I guess as long as you don't have to be bothered to do anything, it's ok.

If it puts you out that much to help others*, maybe this thread is not for you?

edit: * by purchasing accessories from someone other than Ford

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you're underestimating Ford's interest in grabbing a piece of the automotive aftermarket industry in light of the increase in years consumers keep their vehicles.

https://automotiveaftermarket.org/aftermarket-industry-trends/automotive-aftermarket-size/
  • The US light-duty automotive aftermarket is a $281 billion industry (2020) with a compound annual growth rate of about 3% projected through 2023. Light-duty is a subset of the entire aftermarket.*
  • The entire US aftermarket, including light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, is projected at $380 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $449 billion in 2023.*

The Ford Motor Company reported revenue streams of just over 127 billion U.S. dollars in 2020
https://www.statista.com/statistics/267305/total-revenue-of-ford/
Righteous bucks. I’ll just wish you good luck with your endeavor.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked how "we" could help and you reply with that? I guess as long as you don't have to be bothered to do anything, it's ok.

If it puts you out that much to help others, maybe this thread is not for you?
I do believe that is the most accurate thing you’ve said all night. I bid you farewell.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have my Bronco.
Trying to help out my enthusiast friends.
Also, I never mentioned how fast or slow Ford is able to build Broncos.

Purchases are the only leverage we have.

Oh, and go somewhere else. No one wants you here.
I do @chtucker! Some people are just whiny bitches. Nothing they can do about it.

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is my FE that I picked up last week, and My Badlands is scheduled for next week. No I didn't pay ADM and no I was not a priority order. Getting "back" at Ford won't get you your Bronco any sooner. These F' Levine, F' Ford posts are getting ridiculous. Cancel.. make room for someone else

photo_2021-10-07_07-03-33.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_07-03-32.jpg

badlands update.JPG
LOL, WTF, you only purchased two!?!

I'm in Tacoma and took delivery of my 2-door FE on 10/09, love it, love Ford for bringing the Bronco back!! F' these whiny lil bit*hes!

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And on the other side of the coin...

There are those who have already received their Broncos complaining about the reservation system, ADM, and supporting Ford with purchases.

I'd be happy to buy some accessories if I could ever get my Bronco.
Haha That’s true too. Good vibes all around! 😂

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought we had a community here. :( You know, a place where we can watch each others back.

I'm just trying to help out all my fellow enthusiasts that are getting stuck with last minute dealer markups. Imagine if that happened to you? I'd be heart broken if that had happened to me when I picked up my Bronco.

People around here have no empathy for others. It's so sad.

All I asked is for you to consider buying your Besttop, ARB, or whoever's accessory from a different retailer. I mean, how hard is that?

It's the least we can do for our fellow reservation holders. Maybe it won't accomplish anything, or maybe 100 paper cuts will get Ford to stop this from happening to others.
Give me a break Mr. Pitty Party. Someone disagreed with you and you told them to go away, no one wants you here. Suck on your own medicine. That’s not becoming of a “community” that watches each other’s backs!

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Perhaps you should have made your stand against Ford by not buying a $50k Bronco instead of choosing to die on accessory hill and pinging about $120 cargo mats and bug deflectors.
He probably flipped his Bronco for a big profit, and is now sad he doesn't have one anymore ;-(

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tbh most of the Ford accessories are lame and the good ones are still vaporware which has forced me to go aftermarket.

BYOD rail? Not offered by Ford so purchased from Archetype Racing

SEMA steps? Not offered by Ford so planning to purchase from Archetype Racing

Slide out tailgate? Late availability ‘22. Have to wait another 6 months lol

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ford wants to create a bronco community with both factory and aftermarket accessories. and just be patient. After full production you will see them sitting on lots. I already see a few sitting because of the high ADM.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't ford letting you transfer dealerships if they ADM bait and switch you?
At that point the shady dealer already has your Bronco and it’s too late. Best you can do is try to find out if your dealer is screwing over those ahead of you.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see how all you @Ford Motor Company boot-lickers can support a global corporation, that doesn't give a damn about it's consumers, over fellow enthusiasts.

Ford is trying to build a community of enthusiests to cash in on the large accessory market. Why should we give that to them when they don't care about us? Especially when most of the accessories are 3rd party available from other retail outlets?

Ford lost all goodwill with their refusal to stop dealers from adding markup to reservation holders when they go to pick up their Broncos.

I'll be supporting my local 4x4 shop and I encourage everyone else to do so too.
One need not be a bootlicker to abhor cancel culture.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.