Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Zack is eating his hat, I'll eat my shoe if this doesn't show up. And if I end up liking the Bronco as much as I think I will, I'll be trading my loaded Badsquatch in for one of those hybrids. The instant torque, the power, and the fact that I'd only ever need to go to a gas station if we go on a road trip is just too appetizing to disregard.
With fully electric I'm gonna wait and see how the f150 Lighting does (I have one reserved, not sure if I'll order one, have to make up a business plan to pay for it's monthly lease cost or I'll pass) but for something I want to take out into remote places, a hybrid is for now the way to go, and I think will be for a long time.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since Zack is eating his hat, I'll eat my shoe if this doesn't show up. And if I end up liking the Bronco as much as I think I will, I'll be trading my loaded Badsquatch in for one of those hybrids. The instant torque, the power, and the fact that I'd only ever need to go to a gas station if we go on a road trip is just too appetizing to disregard.
With fully electric I'm gonna wait and see how the f150 Lighting does (I have one reserved, not sure if I'll order one, have to make up a business plan to pay for it's monthly lease cost or I'll pass) but for something I want to take out into remote places, a hybrid is for now the way to go, and I think will be for a long time.
With the current availability of relatively cheap gas and the limitations of our electricity storage technology, a PHEV with suitably sized battery really does seem to hit the sweet spot right now. Commute (often in HOV lane)/grocery get/inner city drive/crawl/hunt/etc. on electric only but never worry about range. Recharge overnight with a Level 1 or over a coffee with a Level 2. If there are incentives available to you that offset the initial cost then you shouldn't even have to pay that much more for it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This would be a great idea, from and engineering perspective, it does not seem doable. Where are the Batteries going to live? Do you reduce the already anemic fuel tank? The Bronco system is so compact and efficient. Now and EV version like the F-150 would be really cool.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be a great idea, from and engineering perspective, it does not seem doable. Where are the Batteries going to live? Do you reduce the already anemic fuel tank? The Bronco system is so compact and efficient. Now and EV version like the F-150 would be really cool.
Prepare to have your mind blown.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking at what is offered on the maverick hybrid and the f150 power boost and it’s easy to read between the lines. It’s not a matter of if The Bronco will get a hybrid, but when. I’m expecting it to be a plug in hybrid because ford can’t let jeep one-up with the 4xe

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My question is, where will the put the batteries? It is already packaged pretty tight in the gas configuration. I am betting on an all EV vs a hybrid. Diesel will be first.
Unless there has been something hinted I've missed... I have a suspicion that Bronco is going to avoid a diesel.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did you’ll see the fine print on the hybrid? Front wheel drive only. No way am I buying a FWD Bronco, don’t care if it get 40mpg.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with the posts in this thread, a plug in hybrid would be the way to go, I have zero interest in all electric. If they make a hybrid Bronco that would greatly increase my interest in the Bronco. I'm on the fence so far, waiting to read real world owners reports.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The F-150 Lightning is now up to over 100K reservations.
The 40MPG Maverick does not have a $100 reservation, so I would expect that to hit that number as well.

It is a matter of time. Under 20MPG is so "yestertech".