Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I should be receiving my two-door Wildtrak by the end of January, God willing.... So, I'm planning ahead. I would like to acquire a lighting solution for the Modular Bumper "pockets" wired to the Aux switches.

What are you guys using? Rigid, Oracle, Diode Dynamics, Heretic, etc? Pros/Cons...?

Also, what are the benefits to Yellow, White and the combo of Yellow/White? I don't know crap about this stuff. Please educate me.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with diode dynamics for mine. If you order through 4x4truckleds, they have a harness that makes it super easy to write to the aux switches. I went with a pair white and a pair of yellow SAE driving fog lights, so the can be used on road. White for normal conditions, yellow are good for heavy fog and snow. You can go offroad lights in The pods, too, just depends what you want to use the lights for. 4x4truckleds also has a couple of nice bracket options for the pocket. Hardest part of the install is adjusting the lights and getting them tight.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ambers down there are also referred to as “chase lights” and are good when you’re following another vehicle off road. You can get enough light to see without absolutely blinding them.

Also good for snow / heavy rain like @Crash98 mentioned. Justin B McBride has a killer good demo on his Instagram page that demos the difference in visibility with pocket whites, pocket ambers, ditch lights, and light bars.

If you’re curious about the benefits, go check it out

Rob_Bronc91

Outer Banks
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Baja Designs pods. One is amber; two are white - hooked up to two different AUX switches. I actually use the amber far more than I expected to - great for fog, smoke, rain, and snow.

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 6A00574E-A02C-423A-AE7F-63F9B89D0F89

Sponsored

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really like the DiodeDynamics Max and Pros with KR flush brackets. Like @Crash98 stated, easy to connect kit. I have a triple set-up wired on 4 of the switches. I have basic skills and was able to get it done, albeit a pro could have done it much faster.

Switch #2 for the quad (combo) Max SS3, #'s 3 and 4 for SS2 pro white (spot) and SS2 Pro yellow (SAE fog) and #5 for the "jewel-look" backlight option on all of them. Switch 6 will be for DD backup kit when I can swing it. (Switch 1 TBD; but maybe that cool "in the spare wheel compressor" kit someone's working on or a future hidden winch or something...)

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a huge fan of my Diode Dynamics SS6 in SAE white fog pattern.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I should be receiving my two-door Wildtrak by the end of January, God willing.... So, I'm planning ahead. I would like to acquire a lighting solution for the Modular Bumper "pockets" wired to the Aux switches.

What are you guys using? Rigid, Oracle, Diode Dynamics, Heretic, etc? Pros/Cons...?

Also, what are the benefits to Yellow, White and the combo of Yellow/White? I don't know crap about this stuff. Please educate me.

Thanks in advance.
You can't find a better system then the ones we offer. We manufacture our own brackets under our KR Off-Road brand right here on Long Island. They are made from stainless steel and powder coated black.

We package them with 3 lights from Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics

Baja makes a higher quality light but costs more. Diode makes a brighter light and is easier on the wallet. They also have a back-light option.

Check out the kits here. Our most popular are our Flush Mount kits. Our kits include a pair of brackets, 3 pairs of lights and our plug and play wiring harness which makes installation VERY easy. You can also choose between white output or yellow output lights.

Baja Designs
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 1666559740179

Diode Dynamics
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 1666559762086

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper Diode4

We have other kits as well which allow you to run larger lights OR a dual 6" light bar kit. Check out the rest of our kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can't find a better system then the ones we offer. We manufacture our own brackets under our KR Off-Road brand right here on Long Island. They are made from stainless steel and powder coated black.

We package them with 3 lights from Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics

Baja makes a higher quality light but costs more. Diode makes a brighter light and is easier on the wallet. They also have a back-light option.

Check out the kits here. Our most popular are our Flush Mount kits. Our kits include a pair of brackets, 3 pairs of lights and our plug and play wiring harness which makes installation VERY easy. You can also choose between white output or yellow output lights.

Baja Designs
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Diode Dynamics
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

We have other kits as well which allow you to run larger lights OR a dual 6" light bar kit. Check out the rest of our kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/
Awesome, thank you sir. Which ones are better for on the road use. Not too bright DOT approved.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome, thank you sir. Which ones are better for on the road use. Not too bright DOT approved.
Baja Designs SAE lights are street legal and not as bright as the Diode Dynamics (their intention was a fog light that wasn't too bright). They make a VERY high quality light with a lifetime warranty.

You'll pay more for Baja Designs over Diode Dynamics.

The Diode Dynamics Sport is a good bet though to save $$. Available with an SAE Fog pattern which is a street legal pattern.

For the other lights you can pick/choose what combos to go with. We list some recommendations on each of the pages I linked above.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper ADF3DE02-322B-4B42-837C-7DE1ABDC430F

Purchased my Baja Designs kit from 4x4TruckLed, can’t say enough good stuff about their wiring and communication. Hardest part was flipping the covers so the writing on the faces was correct! I did two SAE fogs, White & Amber, and a S2 Pro in driving combo.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Purchased my Baja Designs kit from 4x4TruckLed, can’t say enough good stuff about their wiring and communication. Hardest part was flipping the covers so the writing on the faces was correct! I did two SAE fogs, White & Amber, and a S2 Pro in driving combo.
You left out how easy that is though :) So if that was the hardest part (removing 4 screws and rotating a lense/bezel 180 degrees) then it goes to show you how easy the kit is to install :)

Looks good!

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. I like your set up. I see you put two “quads” and one “double” vs the normal one quad and two doubles.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. I like your set up. I see you put two “quads” and one “double” vs the normal one quad and two doubles.
We offer a kit that has an open style bracket design, which allows larger lights to be mounted. The upside is you can mount 2x 3" lights and 1x 2" light per side. The downside is that you lose that flush look

Baja Designs
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 1666630787005

Diode Dynamics
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 1666630804440
Sponsored