First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally was looking for a side by side. They seem to be anywhere from $25 - $35k. You can plate them here in Arizona. The Bronco was announced and I thought man they would hold their value much better than a RZR or something. I had an original RZR and I pretty much about killed it. I had a Rubicon after that and put 35”s on it. Not fun on trips, but great for buzzing around in with no top or doors.

I reserved a 2 door Black Diamond and after being all over the map I will probably will get a “no frills” BD for now, until the Warthog or new Raptor gets me. My 2019 Supercab Raptor rides so good that I probably will take it anyway if it is more than 100 miles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a RZR Turbo which I love but plan to sell in the spring. Just haven't used it much. There's not really great places to use it locally and trailering is such a pain. Can't plate them up here.

I'm stoked to be able to just hop in the Bronco and go. I like going exploring but with the RZR it meant hooking up the trailer, driving hours, unloading, explore, load back up blah blah blah. There will be places I can't access with the full sized rig but I think the trade off will be worth it.

The thing I'll miss the most is the ability rip 60+ mph down trails and flying sideways through the air

Ford Bronco Polaris vs Bronco 20190909_193211_HDR
Ford Bronco Polaris vs Bronco 20200914_103440

OP
OP
RRaptor

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a RZR Turbo which I love but plan to sell in the spring. Just haven't used it much. There's not really great places to use it locally and trailering is such a pain. Can't plate them up here.

I'm stoked to be able to just hop in the Bronco and go. I like going exploring but with the RZR it meant hooking up the trailer, driving hours, unloading, explore, load back up blah blah blah. There will be places I can't access with the full sized rig but I think the trade off will be worth it.

The thing I'll miss the most is the ability rip 60+ mph down trails and flying sideways through the air

Beautiful up there. I think the Bronco will be more practical for me, even though that usually isn’t part of my vocabulary.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rented one a couple summers ago in Arizona. It was pretty cool.

As for your question, if you have to choose, then it's Bronco for me. But if you're wealthy enough for both then why choose.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rented one a couple summers ago in Arizona. It was pretty cool.

As for your question, if you have to choose, then it's Bronco for me. But if you're wealthy enough for both then why choose.
Mind giving the location for the Arizona location and approximate price for the rental. I am thinking this might be a good alternative to buying either one :p.

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beautiful up there. I think the Bronco will be more practical for me, even though that usually isn’t part of my vocabulary.
Can-am maverick is >rzr

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting comparison . Price wise they are close and I had not considered that.

Bronco and side-by-side can both do a lot of the same thing but each is better in some areas.

It makes the lower level broncos look like a good deal to me.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting comparison . Price wise they are close and I had not considered that.

Bronco and side-by-side can both do a lot of the same thing but each is better in some areas.

It makes the lower level broncos look like a good deal to me.
I feel the opposite. It's not that the lower level bronco is that great of a deal (its not bad) it's that sideXsides have gotten WAY too expensive. Same for all Powersports toys really. $16k for a sled, $30k for a loaded RZR, it's out of control. These have never been poor man's sports but they are getting harder and harder to afford for most people. One accessories run to the dealer and you can be in a RZR another $10k before you know it and still want more. It's wild.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mahindra Roxor (kind of) bridges the gap between traditional SxS and Wrangler/Bronco. They should start making them again soon. Still not street legal (check local regs) but less likely to get stopped on local roads prolly.

I've considered one as a way to get from my lake camp to go enjoy the local fire roads/trail heads/home made trails in the area.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been considering the RZR/SxS alternative to Bronco as well.
Sponsored