Sponsored

Poll 2.7 Manual Sasquatch

Would the 2.7 Manual Sasquatch your top choice if it were available?

• Total voters

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is another thought.

How many people would get 2.7 Manual is it was only available non-squatched in Base and Big Bend?
Sign me up for a 2.7 manual BB and while I'm dreaming throw in the 4.7 ratio with the 210 up front

I'll take care of the rest
Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also went 2.3 but only because Im trying hard to keep this under 40k out the door. If money wasnt a factor then 2.7 all day.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Limited to base package only due to locked to low trim, but the manual 2.7..... hmmmm...

I would probably skip the Bronco altogether until such time as I could get a seat heater and some creature comforts from Ford. A manual 2.7 that forced a lux package would still sell out at big profits.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3l MT non squatched badlands is all I want/need. I’d rather spend the engine upgrade dollars elsewhere, and you already get the ‘squatch mechanicals on the BL. No interest in spending $2.5k for wheels and tires.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Serious question...will the 2.3 really be that much better to work on? It seems it will be physically smaller but does that translate to an appreciable amount of room. I know that every inch counts obviously*

*title of your sex tape

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would be very interested in a 2.7L paired with a manual transmission, however I wouldn't get it the first year it was offered, as Ford would have to start from designing it. However, Ford is recycling what they already have with the current setup. I'm getting the 2.3L with a manual because it's been tried and tested.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont even think that towing is a downside for manuals.

But as far as 2.7 Man-Squatch? Hell yeah!
I'm with you. Electric motors have insane power and I prefer towing with a manual. Just was commenting that current batteries don't have the energy density to haul heavy loads long distances is all.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's funny about this thread is that I don't drag race and close to 20,000 foot pounds of torque is way way more than the tires can apply yet I'd still buy the v6 manual in a heartbeat.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted the manual, wife wanted the automatic. We compromised and getting the automatic.... :D ... In hind sight, the manual is a brand new transmission, and I'm all about proven reliability at this point, so there is that as well...

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I doubt it that many people will want a manual, suck it up manual transmissions will be long gone when the market turns ev only
Have you driven an EV. They are like a manual in respect they are always "on cam", which is why we diehard manual drivers like manuals, because we get to decide to keep the engine in it best power range. Auto's are tuned for fuel consumption, which is why they suck :)

I'd take an EV over a DCT or torque-converter any day of the week.

Last edited:

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The new 7 speed manual has a torque limit of basically 400lbs, it was stated in a video not too long ago. Ford will not put that transmission behind the 2.7 from factory knowing it's basically maxed out and problematic.
As for a new manual transmission capable to handle the 2.7, I don't see Ford doing that.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd go with a 2.7L Mansquatch if it were available. But I did not even consider stepping down to the 2.3L to keep a stick. 10 times out of 10 I'll take the upgraded motor even if that means getting an automatic.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go with a 2.7L Mansquatch if it were available. But I did not even consider stepping down to the 2.3L to keep a stick. 10 times out of 10 I'll take the upgraded motor even if that means getting an automatic.
And many of us would rather give up the the extra .4 liters and power to row our own gears, especially in a vehicle like this. If the auto had a real sport mode with paddle shifters, it may be an easier decision. Major let down that Ford didn’t give us the 2.7 Manual option.
Sponsored