Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
You want the “Bronco”, but I suspect it’s the true 4x4 suv, with the topless and doorless capability that is the real intrigue.

so are you either 100% on board buying a Ford

OR

do you have some, great or small, reservations or hesitation?
Sponsored

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
And for those who notice the thread title and poll question don’t quite match, May I steer your attention to the following pic

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

in the last few years, I've deeply considered picking up an F150, just to have a decent truck around to do stuff with, but even that desire has been tempered by the fact that literally everyone I know that has had, or has a Ford product, has a ford product with transmission issues. Ford seems to be leaning into the future with electric, and was the only company that didn't take a bailout when the others did. but I am still nervous about Ford transmission reliability.

...but I still want a bronco. just all there is to it. I'll get the extended warranty and not give a fuck.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s one of my stigmas against Jeep, but not the Bronco.

I also don’t like the fact I could leave my house and pass 7-10 Jeeps. That’s not an exaggeration, either. The difference of three may depend on the number of Jeeps driving into the neighborhood.

one thing I’m betting on is the Bronco being full Model Based Definition from the concept up through the shop floor. That’ll make a huge difference in quality

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I voted LESS than 100% confident!

Wait, I ONLY drive Fords... :unsure:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords all my adult life, no problem at all.

mutz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun at the moment
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Focus ST for a 3 years and while everyone in that community claims the engines blow up along with the transmissions, I never had an issue. I felt most of those issues were due to driver error, most likely exacerbated by the young demographic driving those cars.

I loved the torque from the 2.0 ecoboost, especially low down in the RPM range, and can't wait to get my hands on a 2.3 ecoboost 7MT Bronco.

Sync 3 in the Focus was pretty good for an infotainment system and I hope Sync 4 only improves. The Sync 3 system was better than the system in my wife's 2015 GL350 by a long shot.

Tl;dr, I'm excited to get into a Bronco

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 100% confident.
But that doesn’t mean I think the Bronco will be flawless. I’m in manufacturing, and I have enough sense to realize that all products have issues. I’m just sure that they will either a) be minor ones or b) taken care of under warranty.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned 30 Fords... and 1 Honda... the only transmission that ever had any problems was the Honda, and it was a manual, go figure.

Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

literally everyone I know that has had, or has a Ford product, has a ford product with transmission issues... I am still nervous about Ford transmission reliability....
How many people do you know? I believe Ford sells something like 4 to 6 million vehicles annually. I can assure you that they don't ALL have transmission issues.

In all seriousness, I understand the concern but you are fully covered by the powertrain warranty for 5 years / 60,000 miles and i'm fairly certain that Ford Protect warranties are available up to 8 years & 150k if you really plan to keep it that long.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s one of my stigmas against Jeep, but not the Bronco.

I also don’t like the fact I could leave my house and pass 7-10 Jeeps. That’s not an exaggeration, either. The difference of three may depend on the number of Jeeps driving into the neighborhood.

one thing I’m betting on is the Bronco being full Model Based Definition from the concept up through the shop floor. That’ll make a huge difference in quality
Ford stopped making the Bronco in 1996.

coincidentally There was no 1996 model year Wrangler.

but every other year Jeep gave you the ability to buy a new 4x4 convertible that you could legally take the doors off. A daily driver crossed with a toy.

that’s why you see so many.

On one hand you can use that as ammo to dislike Jeep.... or you could dislike Ford for taking an option away.

seeing too many Frontiers and Tacoma’s?
Well, you couldn’t always buy a Colorado, Dakota or Ranger.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am less than 100% confident in any vehicle, let alone a brand new model. My experience with Fords and every other brand has been mixed. Proven drive train is a plus (2.7, 10 speed) Seriously considering my first lease...

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driven 3 F250's (2 gas, 1 diesel), 2 F150's, 2 Rangers, not one transmission problem, not one engine or drive line problem, all were 100,000 miles plus, one Ranger was 200,000 plus, would NEVER buy anything other than Ford. Wife has had 1 Expedition, 2 Focus, 2 Edges, no problems.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.