Sponsored

Poll Engine vs Transmission Choices or Compromise?

How would you have ordered if you could have both AND did you compromise? (Answer both)

• Total voters

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many had to choose between the 2.7L or the Manual since you cannot have BOTH. I read an article that said Bronco currently has 18% of its orders being a manual transmission. It got me to thinking about my struggles with this. I really want the manual, but I also really want the 2.7L. I found a different article that talked about it never being off the table, all customers have to do is keep asking Ford for a manual with the 2.7L.

If you could have both, would you have ordered both? How many compromised?

I really want BOTH the 2.7L AND Manual!!!

https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/h...v6-wont-be-paired-with-a-manual-transmission/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...h-transmission-customer-satisfaction-credits/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's the 21st. Things change, it's ok. Get an automatic, no need to drive using an ancient transmission.

Ford Bronco Poll Engine vs Transmission Choices or Compromise? En_UyElXMAQA6G
I like rowing thru the gears. I believe that an Auto has a huge advantage for off-roading, but manual is a lot of fun. šŸ˜

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like rowing thru the gears. I believe that an Auto has a huge advantage for off-roading, but manual is a lot of fun. šŸ˜
I'm just busting balls. I prefer automatic. I've never learned how to drive a manual and I can't say I care. Personally I don't care what people pick because it's 'Murica, buy what makes you happy. On the other hand I still don't think many manuals would be sold even if they were mated to the 2.7.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just busting balls. I prefer automatic. I've never learned how to drive a manual and I can't say I care. Personally I don't care what people pick because it's 'Murica, buy what makes you happy. On the other hand I still don't think many manuals would be sold even if they were mated to the 2.7.
I know you wereā€¦.I was laughingā€¦The reality is I want a manual and auto with 2.7L, but for different applications. If I were rock crawling, I want an auto. For everything else I want a manual. Iā€™m kind of in the same boat with Black Diamond or Badlandsā€¦.The sway bar disconnect seems very appealingā€¦.Give and take all the time. There is never enough money and always a compromise somewhere šŸ˜

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I absolutely would have loved the 7MT with the 2.7. But alas... not going to happen today.
Unfortunately, but who knows for Model Year 2022ā€¦.Manual with Squatch is supposed to be available and since Ford left the door open you never know right? Maybe enough people will see this poll, vote for 2.7L with Manual and Ford will make it an option šŸ˜

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you wereā€¦.I was laughingā€¦The reality is I want a manual and auto with 2.7L, but for different applications. If I were rock crawling, I want an auto. For everything else I want a manual. Iā€™m kind of in the same boat with Black Diamond or Badlandsā€¦.The sway bar disconnect seems very appealingā€¦.Give and take all the time. There is never enough money and always a compromise somewhere šŸ˜
I got the Badlands with the idea that I'd do some serious off-roading, but I know damn well that'll probably only happen a few times in the next decade when I can convince my significant other to do a vacation out west. The rest of the time I'll just be me driving over curbs and medians because I can :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got the Badlands with the idea that I'd do some serious off-roading, but I know damn well that'll probably only happen a few times in the next decade when I can convince my significant other to do a vacation out west. The rest of the time I'll just be me driving over curbs and medians because I can :ROFLMAO:
I like itā€¦.I think all of us get these ideas of awesomeness before life comes into play šŸ¤£

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's the 21st. Things change, it's ok. Get an automatic, no need to drive using an ancient transmission.

En_UyElXMAQA6Gj.jpg
Let me correct you:

"It's the 21st. Things don't all have to change, it's ok. Get a manual, no need to ride mindlessly using an automatic transmission."

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you order the manual or a 2.7 with Auto? What trim did you go with?

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted both the 2.7 and the manual...ended up with the 2.3 and manual because the manual transmission is one of the reasons I am buying a Bronco!

If only they offered the Base Mansquatch with 2.7!!!!

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am leaning towards the Badlands, MIC top, keypad, tow packageā€¦.Then it starts to get fuzzy between manual transmission or 2.7Lā€¦..That decision will determine SAS or notā€¦I really want the Squatch package with 2.7, but also want a manualā€¦..šŸ¤£
Sponsored