Sponsored

Poll Engine vs Transmission Choices or Compromise?

How would you have ordered if you could have both AND did you compromise? (Answer both)

• Total voters

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Poll Engine vs Transmission Choices or Compromise? D5DDA1E6-AF90-483B-8954-FA5F74C81D59

2.3L Auto Sasquatch Club!!

I’m not paying $2k for an extra 90 pound-feet of torque. Gonna put that money into some other modifications.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it could be done if they could justify the cost. But, this first year, year and a half of production is going to be your hardcore buyers that have been itching for it to come out. The numbers are going to be skewed towards options like the manual transmission. Once you get into the general population sales are the numbers still going to be there to make the investment work?

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanted 2.3L Manual on Black Diamond, but unfortunately wife's need for mid-package > my desire for manual. The Badlands is too much of a price increase to justify when we already moved our price range up from the planned Big Bend to the Black Diamond with cyber orange and adding the adv 4x4.
I wanted manual, but my wife wanted automatic. I agreed with her because she was cool with me buying a $50,000 car. I don’t normally buy new cars, this is the first new car for just me.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm totally with the 2.3 and Manual. 300 horses is still pretty damn good!

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted the 2.3, I wanted the 7MT, so I'm happy.

If the 2.7 was an inline 6 I would have been interested.
Oh, this...I change my vote to this!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saquatch with Manual and Mid would have been the ticket.
Probably would have opted for a v6 also, if it was available with a manual.

To be clear, I kind of like how it worked out, because I couldn't build what I wanted, I built for my daughters benefit. She'd been harping on me to teach her how to drive a manual.

I backed all the way down to baseBase manual.

If it were just me in the equation, I think I'd maybe prefer the auto for my daily routine.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes the manual worse off, - off road then automatic? I mean it has a rock crawl gear.. just not sure why people say that.. I don’t have any experience off road with a manual. I’ve had my eye on the badlands 2door MT but only considering getting an automatic because I could maybe put it on Turo, or rent it out a bit maybe as a camping vehicle to help pay for it

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford forced me into a lot of compromises. I wanted the 2.7 with a manual transmission. I wanted a sasquatch manual this year with the 2.7. I wanted the mid level package on my Black Diamond... wait for it... with the manual.

Silly me. I thought special ordering a vehicle ahead of time instead of having to settle for whatever the dealership had on the lot meant I could have what I wanted.

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t care if they had a 3 cylinder or 10. I only wanted the manual. 2.3 is as all they offered, great. I don’t understand why people say automatic is better for rock crawling. It’s not, I don’t compete, race. I’ve had both, manual is better, easier. When you stall, these vehicles allow you to start up in gear on the steepest rocks and grades. Low gearing in rubicon and crawler gear I’m sure for bronco. I used to start it in gear and let the vehicle idle through. A lot easier then having to feather the throttle going over rocks. So manual in my opinion is better for rock crawling. Call me lazy.​

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What makes the manual worse off, - off road then automatic? I mean it has a rock crawl gear.. just not sure why people say that.. I don’t have any experience off road with a manual. I’ve had my eye on the badlands 2door MT but only considering getting an automatic because I could maybe put it on Turo, or rent it out a bit maybe as a camping vehicle to help pay for it
It is not that a manual is worse, it just takes more coordination from the drive using three pedal vs two….Not as bad these days with brake assist and such. An auto is more point and go….Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Sponsored