First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure I'll buy other vehicles over time but I'm really planning on this being the last manual I'll get so I plan to keep this baby until the state says I can't drive anymore. Then I plan to pass it onto the grandkid I like best.
Sponsored

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My son, who will be 11 when the Bronco arrives, has claimed it for when he turns 16. I will keep it at least 5 years, and he might get it, and he might not lol. I expect 10 years or so. With CV19 and remote work being a thing, I put about 5k miles a year on a car. The Bronco could, in theory, last me 20-30 years.
In 1971 when my dad purchased a brand new red ford bronco wagon I too were 11 years old. I learned to drive in this vehicle. The love for the Bronco is still there so I'm getting a 4 door Badland sas. I hope you create great memories with your son.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the end of my driving days unless it's a lemon. :cool:

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Florida (The pines part, not the palms part)
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty sure this will be both the last gas-powered vehicle I own and the last manual transmission vehicle I own since I keep vehicles for 10+ years and most auto makers 10-year plans are pushing toward all-electric. I'd like to say its staying forever. realistically though, around the 14 year mark the repairs start getting much more expensive, frequent, and personally harder to justify, so it may have to find a new home at that point... or take up a second life as a living room decoration.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I read through member's posts I find there is an extreme range of people that have lined up to buy the new Bronco.

People are at different stages of their life and the type of vehicle that is the Bronco can fill many duties in ordinary daily life as well as the dream that most cannot, or will not, live. I know that many of us buy vehicles with the intentions of keeping them but then life happens and that new car smell can be intoxicating. Some trade every year or two, some keep a vehicle till the loan is paid off then trade, while others buy and just keep adding to their fleet.

Wondering how the marketing sampling represented by B6G will play out.
I voted til death do us part, but if some new curvy boxwood baby in a white top scoots on by next year I might have a new partner til death does us part 😅

Sponsored

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm under no illusions about the issues that a first model year will face. Between that and hoping they get the colors and options (roof, interior, engine) ready to go in a few more years, I put 1-3 and hope for trade value.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m keeping mine until I roll it. If anyone wants a slightly shorter Bronco in a few years hit me up.

BigSAS

Badlands
First Name
Jarri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m planning on keeping it for at least 10-15 years. It will most likely be my last manual and gas powered car.

I will upgrade to an EV off roader especially if there’s 700-1000 mile batteries. These damn things are going to weigh 8000lbs.
There's a reason that car manufacturers haven't made a huge upbringing in electric off road vehicles yet (other than Hummer). And if you know why then you know. Enough said!!

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Till death do us part.

This will be my last manual transmission. Most likely last gasoline powered vehicle (Washington to ban the sale of gas cars by 2030).

It'll be my daily driver, but will eventually retire my FJ40 trail rig most likely.

And one of my biggest regrets was selling my '72 Bronco Sport. I've been waiting 20 some years to get my Bronco back. I won't make that mistake again.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shooting for 7-10. Maybe more if it's a ripper or maybe less if it ends up being a bucket of buttholes.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted 4-6 just because I know myself too well...I intend to keep it for longer but I've said that a few times now... Honestly wish I still had that Canyon at this point...stupid diesel fuel faults.

2002 Nissan Xterra - Mar 2010 to April 2012
2011 MINI Cooper S- May 2011 to Oct 2012
1975 Austin Mini - Sep 2012 to Oct 2018
2012 Ford Focus ST - Oct 2012 to April 2017
2017 GMC Canyon - April 2017 to April 2019 (LEMON)
2019 VW GTI - Mar 2019 to Dec 2020
2020 Jeep Cherokee - Dec 2020 to Bronco

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm doing a 4 year lease...( 4-6).keep the payments at around 300. a month..It will be my first time in a Bronco type vehicle..I'll see how things are in 2025...I'm still on the fence...I like the Transit awd...chasing the sun..6 months south ,then 6 months north,at the finger lakes....
Yes sasquatch Transit! I love vans and have had 2 4x4 ones. As someone who has lived in a van down by a river or rivers. I've seen the real sasquatch, he lives in a ford van . His name is Bill and he drinks Milwaukees Best.

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Til death do us part! The plan is to drive it until my oldest daughter turns 16(roughly 7 years) and let her drive it while Dad gets a new vehicle, Bronco perhaps, maybe not. Then turn the keys over to her little sister. At the point where they both go off to college I shall take ownership once again unless they KILL it. If it's still alive and kicking and assuming that I am as well, my son will drive it in 2036! We shall see!

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Till death do us part.

This will be my last manual transmission. Most likely last gasoline powered vehicle (Washington to ban the sale of gas cars by 2030).

It'll be my daily driver, but will eventually retire my FJ40 trail rig most likely.

And one of my biggest regrets was selling my '72 Bronco Sport. I've been waiting 20 some years to get my Bronco back. I won't make that mistake again.
Yes I sold my '74 a few years back and I certainly won't make that mistake again either. I regret it everyday!
Sponsored