Sponsored

Poll: hard top color preference demographics

What color hardtop do you want? What is your age?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the white top crowd for the look of the first generation bronco.
I like the white top with Area 51.
Body color door handles and fenders.
White grille.
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go for a white or silver top or even a cactus gray

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shhhh Don't try to sell a white top to those that may be on the fence. The smaller the white top club, the better. LOL
We need just enough white-top takers to convince Ford to give us a factory option for it, but not so many that we look dime-a-dozen out on the road. ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I read or watched a video somewhere where Ford confirmed the 2 door wont have removable windows with the standard gray top, but will indeed have them with the modular shadow black top. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Just read the recent one that confirms what you said. I definitely remember reading from a Ford person they confirmed the opposite cause I got super excited to see that, lol. Bummer
Sooo...on a two-door, beside the color, what would be the difference between a standard hard top and a modular hard top? Like you, I thought it was more removable pieces.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo...on a two-door, beside the color, what would be the difference between a standard hard top and a modular hard top? Like you, I thought it was more removable pieces.
It has the removable roof panel, the "Bronchole" over the rear seats

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has the removable roof panel, the "Bronchole" over the rear seats
Ah, a rear-seat "sunroof". :)

And for the two-door Outer Banks trim, the modular top means it will be body color, but cost an estimated $1,900, based on the survey? I may need to call some paint shops and see what they think they would charge to paint the top.

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess this will show I am on the slightly younger side as I just don't get the infatuation with the white top.

Body color to me will look the cleanest, then black, then grey
So many Gen 1 Broncos had a white top. I still have my Dad's '74, Blue w/white top. classic look.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So many Gen 1 Broncos had a white top. I still have my Dad's '74, Blue w/white top. classic look.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Classic looks to me should stay with the classics. I mean vinyl tops looked great on the muscle cars of the 60s but I sure as hell wouldn't want one on a new Mustang

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Under 30 Bro’s unite! I would love to have velocity blue or rapid red with a white top and some old school graphics that go from the front fenders to the rear bumper ?

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only this poll tells me as that there are a lot of 40+ people on the page. Which is the market ford is targeting with the Bronco. Generation X and Millennials ready to spend $40K to $55K on a toy that reminds them of their childhood.

Sponsored

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Classic looks to me should stay with the classics. I mean vinyl tops looked great on the muscle cars of the 60s but I sure as hell wouldn't want one on a new Mustang
Vinal tops... BLAH! Those sucked back then too lol... But different color options for the new Bronco is a good thing, it is your coin, get what you like!

OP
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Summary with stats as of 10/4/2020:

41 and over: most want a white top! 45% to be exact. A black/gray top comes in a close second at 41% and body color a tiny 14%.

30 to 40: the numbers are almost inverted. 50% want a black/gray top, yet a substantial percentage at 39% voted for white. Even fewer want body color, a meagre 11%.

Under 30: white tops are not very popular with this crowd. Too retro? Only 31% versus 58% for black/gray! Body color comes in tied with the 30-40 group: 11%.

Overall participation in the poll:
15% -- under 30
32% -- 30 to 40
52% -- 41 and over

Have Millenials have killed the automotive industry? Do they not care about cars in general or the Bronco in particular? Nah, they're probably just struggling with bigger problems like affordable housing and stagnant wages. Glad to see a few have overcome the odds and made their way here, presumably with a Bronco reservation in hand.

Last edited:

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Summary with stats as of 10/4/2020:

41 and over: most want a white top! 45% to be exact. A black/gray top comes in a close second at 41% and body color a tiny 14%.

30 to 40: the numbers are almost inverted. 50% want a black/gray top, yet a substantial percentage at 39% voted for white. Even fewer want body color, a meagre 11%.

Under 30: white tops are not very popular with this crowd. Too retro? Only 31% versus 58% for black/gray! Body color comes in tied with the 30-40 group: 11%.

Overall participation in the poll:
15% -- under 30
32% -- 30 to 40
52% -- 41 and over

Have Millenials have killed the automotive industry? Do they not care about cars in general or the Bronco in particular? Nah, they're probably just struggling with bigger problems like affordable housing and stagnant wages. Glad to see a few have overcome the odds and made their way here, presumably with a Bronco reservation in hand.
Figures, I'm in the over (age) group, thus I want a white top lol

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've finally made up my mind (of course after the poll closes) - after initially being in the white top camp, I'm now in the black painted top camp. All of the black plastic accents will compliment the black top better. If there were more body color or chrome accents, white would look better, but as it stands, black top wins now for me.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '78 Bronco XLT - light blue with a white top. If Ford offers a white top I may change my body color to Velocity Blue with a white top as opposed to AntiMatter with the MIC Hard top.
Sponsored