Sponsored

POLL: How Many Want a Manual with Mid Package?

How many people are interested in a BB, BD, or Sasquatch with a manual & mid package?

• Total voters

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from a history of driving vehicles that didn't have all these creature comforts, I won't miss them and don't need them.
I plan on getting a Badlands, but not getting the mid package. The only thing in the mid package I might want would be the heated seats. I'd rather take that $1,495 and put it towards Katzkin heated/ventilated seats if I decide I really want them.
Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what the op is posting. I want base-man-squatch or I want to treat myself with BD/Mid which pretty much comes out to the same price the way I build both of them. But I’m not giving up manual so won’t go BD/Mid. I’m not jumping from a 42k build to almost a 49k build to have manual and mid, if you can afford it cool, doesn’t mean you have to blast us that can’t. If it’s available on BL it can be done for BD, just have to wait until December to see what is truly available.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take is this, I won’t be upsold to buy a Badlands, so I can get MT/Mid. If they don’t allow Mid with BD, Ford will just lose my $ for the upgrade. No skin off my back. Plus, it might just drive me to the BaseManSquatch and they’d lose more $ on me.
Literally this x100. I will be sticking with a manual and I will be sticking with a BD, and just drop the thought of mid package and spending $1,400 more. It was an easy $1,400 for Ford before, but if they want to play games, I’m totally fine with the standard package.

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will only buy a Bronco if it has a manual transmission. I also enjoy the 2.3 in Ranger, so I will probably love pairing that engine with a manual.

Also, I want mid package. Which is available because Ford made it available to me. You simply need to check the "Badlands" trim level and it can be yours.

Where is the problem?

Oh, PS, with Ranger there were changes made to the options/trim/packages nearly up to the point that the order banks opened. You need to remember that until the order banks open, everything is as final right now as it was 4 months ago when Broncos were testing in Moab.
The problem is for those who want a manual but do not want an extreme off-roading vehicle. For example, with the BL, if you want the manual you must also get the 4.7 locking rear axle ratio - as you lose the option of the 4.46 rear axle ratio. When you select the 4.46 rear axle ratio -it switches you from the manual to the automatic.

Last edited:

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I really want is a manual with a cold weather package (heated seats, steering wheels). I’d very much rather not have to pay for any of CoPilot360.
This would absolutely be the perfect Middle ground. Obviously we don’t get the remote start, but seats and wheel are more than worth giving up everything else on the mid package. The fact heated wheel is a high package option is ridiculous. You can get it for under a 1k on almost any model wrangler. It’s not that hard, Ford. Seriously.

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My checklist includes a manual transmission and heated seats, period. Without both from the factory, I'm going to look elsewhere.

Maybe it sounds dramatic, but I've learned not to settle if you're spending the money on a new vehicle. I've bought cars in the wrong color (what was available on the lot) and regretted it. I've bought cars without heated seats and regretted it.

I tend to go through a lot of cars, and there's a long list of new cars I've been excited to buy (as I am with the Bronco), and then didn't - usually because they don't come with a manual transmission. I've only ever bought one automatic vehicle (ever) and it's for towing. I won't be forced into a trim I don't want or an option I don't want, just to get something else. I'd rather just not buy the vehicle at all.

I could probably look past the pitiful towing capacity, but that combined with the lack of manual + heated seats I think it's enough for me to rule myself out completely. I've gone through the hassle of installing aftermarket heated seats before, and I'm not doing it again.

I've been watching quietly (not posting), hoping to hear a different answer. I can't be the only one who isn't going to settle. Oh well, I guess. Frees up a bucket of cash for me.

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the manual transmission with the lux package!
I need that universal garage door opener

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still deciding to go with BD or BB but I know I want a manual with the sasquatch and mid. I'm still trying to be hopeful that Ford will have the manual + sasquatch out by the end of 2021 or at least an idea of when by December when we start our orders.
Sponsored