Sponsored

POLL: How would you feel if Ford moved up-front cash buyers to the front of the line?

Ford moves up-front cash buyers to the front of the line. Multiple Answers Allowed

• I can pay cash up front and would do it

Votes: 61 23.3%
  • I can pay cash up front but wouldn't do it

Votes: 53 20.2%
  • I can't pay cash up front but would if I could

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • I can't pay cash up front and wouldn't if I could

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I love this idea

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • This would completely tick me off

Votes: 126 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
There has been some talk about Ford/dealers having concerns about people ordering Broncos but not acutally following through with buying them. What if Ford allowed people who pay in full at the time of order to move to the front of the line and get their Broncos first?
That's not how any off this works.

If you are paying cash or financing doesn't impact of you pull your reservation or not.

That's all they care about is you following through with a purchase. And as has been noted they make more off financing and leases than cash purchases anyways.

Therefore it's not in there interest to do what your suggesting at all.
Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservations should be honored, how you pay is irrelevant.

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's reasonable to assume that production efficiency and quality will increase over time. I am not in a rush to have one of the first produced, and I hope there are minimal first model year issues. Fingers crossed.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There has been some talk about Ford/dealers having concerns about people ordering Broncos but not acutally following through with buying them. What if Ford allowed people who pay in full at the time of order to move to the front of the line and get their Broncos first?
Are we running out of things to talk about that we have to start something like this?!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I would think the same as most, that they have their own finance company and would prefer you to finance over paying cash. If they're worried about you picking up your Bronco then sure, ask for a reasonable deposit, if you don't show then they have an early one for the sales lot.

I do always get a kick when you see a show, movie, or real life when someone's negotiating and they use the term "cash money", ie, listed for 10k and offer will you take 5k cash money .... uh, no, I'll take 10k cash money.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a good idea! What could possibly go wrong?!?

Ford Bronco POLL: How would you feel if Ford moved up-front cash buyers to the front of the line? 1601670532710

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really don't get the premise of this poll at all. I have a trade-in plus a down payment, but will also be securing my own financing on the remainder. This means I will be traveling to Granger Ford with all the cash in hand upon delivery. Money is money to a dealership. If someone orders a Bronco but has to back out for whatever reason before delivery, do you honestly think the dealership won't sell the dang thing on the lot with a huge markup?

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tesla/Rivian/etc. move the most expensive builds to the front of the line, which Ford is doing to some extent (probably fulfilling First Edition builds, erm, first).

Ford has no effs to give whether you pay cash or finance through your bank/CU. They do make a ton more money off leases than regular sales, so I could see them prioritizing leases in some way (I believe some German luxury automakers do this to some degree).

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, cash deposit is one thing, but short of winning the lottery there's no way in hell I could do that

Yeah, I'd be royally pissed if they did that, aint right at all

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn't care one way or the other.

But it won't happen. Ford makes too much money on financing.

Besides, in today's market, paying cash for a new car is financially retarded. Anybody with a modicum of sense can make a lot more than the average vehicle loan costs.

Desert6

Black Diamond
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Power Wagon, '20 Armada, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see that happening. Ford would much prefer having buyers finance thru them, that's where they make their money. Holding a point or two on rate makes a deal far more attractive for Ford credit (and the dealer) than a cash deal.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesn't make sense to me. They get the agreed price no matter if you bring cash, a bank check, or go thru ford or dealership financing. Their commission may even improve if you go thru dealership or ford financing. There isn't any incentive to the dealer if you pay in full with cash or a bank check

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They wouldnt do this for a few reasons. One is that they want you to finance through them and make more money over time.
Sponsored