Sponsored

Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?!

Would you buy a half cab bronco if Ford built one?!

• Total voters

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This ignores a number of facts prior to Bronco launch regarding Jeep customers buying habits and delightfully assumes Ford customers will deviate drastically from established purchasing trends.
I reject the part about "Jeep customers" and "Ford customers". I am no expert on purchasing trends, but we all know that pickups are selling like hot cakes.
Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would not look at “languishing” unsold Gladiators as a bad sign, because Gladiators are stupid expensive.

A Bronco pickup could work, but a single-cab would it fit my needs. I would go for a two-door, but it needs a back seat in the cab. Four-door also appealing and more broadly so. But make the bed shorter than the long Gladiator bed, for a shorter wheelbase. Hell, keep it the same size as the current four-door Bronco but have a top over just the front. People needing a long bed should buy a pickup truck, not a Bronco. Ford has them covered there.

Offer soft or hard top covering the seating areas (like Jeep). Offer tonneau for bed.

I’d love to have one like that.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I reject the part about "Jeep customers" and "Ford customers". I am no expert on purchasing trends, but we all know that pickups are selling like hot cakes.
must be why the Gladiator isn't classified as a pickup. Because it's not selling well, even in this market.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was offered at launch, I would have seriously considered it.* It really depends on if they got the proportions right or not. Seriously, have they stopped teaching about the golden ratio and other design elements in college? My son makes better proportioned lego cars.

*assuming it hit all my must haves like the Bronco does.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No data to support, but I figure sales are slow for Gladiator because they are trying to be TOO broad in appeal. For the same price, a truck person wanting to use it as a truck and also tow stuff can get a “real” truck. And someone wanting the sportiness of a Jeep but with a bed to put dirty stuff in is probably turned off by the price and how damn looooooong it is. The only people I know who have them are people I’d call “rich.”
Ford Bronco Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?! 1793CC9A-4720-43FC-BA2E-3EA25478CBD5

Last edited:

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would, but it be as a secondary driver, possible daily. Not the adventure mobile tho!

Ford Bronco Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?! 1793CC9A-4720-43FC-BA2E-3EA25478CBD5

715188A0-66D1-4237-8BD6-158BE62881AB.jpeg
I would buy this. If this was a Bronco option compared to the unique Gladiator model makes it an apples to oranges comparison, I would never consider the Gladiator based on length alone.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason i'm remembering a couple years back where we discussed a possible prototype that was convertible from a full hard top 2 door, to the half cab style truck. You could take the top off above the front row of seats and the back half of the top could be slid forward and connect to the top of the windshield as well, and a bulkhead was added behind the front seats for the top to sit on. Anyone...? Wasn't there a Patent drawing someone found that we were speculating about?

Ford Bronco Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?! u14 to

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For some reason i'm remembering a couple years back where we discussed a possible prototype that was convertible from a full hard top 2 door, to the half cab style truck. You could take the top off above the front row of seats and the back half of the top could be slid forward and connect to the top of the windshield as well, and a bulkhead was added behind the front seats for the top to sit on. Anyone...? Wasn't there a Patent drawing someone found that we were speculating about?

I don't have answer to your question regarding a patent. But it is an interesting idea if they could overcome the rear side windows on the clam shell and the flip up rear window.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the general idea but there would be a lack of support in the rear the current roll bar provides.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

yeah, that is something that we tossed around years ago, I was as big proponent of it. I'd have bee selling off many of my toys if they had done that just to get one.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the general idea but there would be a lack of support in the rear the current roll bar provides.
I've tried finding the post, to no avail. I think there were some photos, and someone had mentioned that it was kind of an offshoot of what Rivian may have been doing as well. It looked the side windows came out of the hatch, and the rear pillar met up with the door pillar, fitting the modular theme. And the hatch window would have closed up with the added bulkhead behind the front seat.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original half cabs had a divider/bulkhead that was bolted in (I think) behind the front seats. I'm betting there will be an aftermarket company, if not Ford, that makes something similar to adapt to the 6G to do the same thing.

Ford Bronco Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?! u14 bulkhead

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No data to support, but I figure sales are slow for Gladiator because they are trying to be TOO broad in appeal. For the same price, a truck person wanting to use it as a truck and also tow stuff can get a “real” truck. And someone wanting the sportiness of a Jeep but with a bed to put dirty stuff in is probably turned off by the price and how damn looooooong it is. The only people I know who have them are people I’d call “rich.”
1793CC9A-4720-43FC-BA2E-3EA25478CBD5.jpeg
Actually bedsize aside the Gladiator isn't too bad for a truck. It is rated to tow more than my older F-150 with the biggest engine available.

It also has the same wheelbase as my extended cab F150 with a 6.5' bed which does it no favors on multiple fronts and for those of us willing to to pass on frills a Power Wagon brings a lot more beef and is in the ballpark for pricing.

I would much rather have a PW than a Gladiator and I really have no interest in a Bronco pickup with a little bed.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The original half cabs had a divider/bulkhead that was bolted in (I think) behind the front seats. I'm betting there will be an aftermarket company, if not Ford, that makes something similar to adapt to the 6G to do the same thing.

Ford Bronco Poll: If Ford made a 6Gen U14 (half cab) would you buy?! u14 bulkhead
I ordered a 2-door and I'll be removing the rear seats. Running a bimini top during the warm months and it will be close enough for me.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Chances a company offers an aftermarket
Half-Cab conversion on a 2 door ??