First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all, I'm trying decide if I'll buy or lease my Bronco, leaning towards a lease as it will be the first generation and I may not want to be tied to a vehicle if there are early issues. Wondering what others are thinking. My latest car and the one I just sold I bought but prior to those I was leasing every 3 years. Where are you all leaning on this one? Thanks for reading.

Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? Dumb-And-Dumber-Sequel-Jeff-Daniels-665x385
Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am thinking of leasing for the same reason as you. I may not see this as the best since I didn't get in on one of the First Editions. I also am self employed and now drive less since Covid so milage sucks and need a write off.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking of leasing for the same reason as you. I may not see this as the best since I didn't get in on one of the First Editions. I also am self employed and now drive less since Covid so milage sucks and need a write off.
Ha ha tell me about it. My husband is also self employed and we were just told by our tax guy that we will owe at least another 60k, and thats after paying quarterlies. I really have no reason to complain but it still hurts.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

.......................................No................I won't do it........................................................................................lol............................so tempting..............................................

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all, I'm trying decide if I'll buy or lease my Bronco, leaning towards a lease as it will be the first generation and I may not want to be tied to a vehicle if there are early issues. Wondering what others are thinking. My latest car and the one I just sold I bought but prior to those I was leasing every 3 years. Where are you all leaning on this one? Thanks for reading.
Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? Dumb-And-Dumber-Sequel-Jeff-Daniels-665x385
Same thing for the same reason. If the resale at the end beats the projections and I still love it, I'll buy it at that time. 1st model year jitters...

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ha ha tell me about it. My husband is also self employed and we were just told by our tax guy that we will owe at least another 60k, and thats after paying quarterlies. I really have no reason to complain but it still hurts.
How ironic $60k....it’s almost as if Uncle Sam is taxing you at the exact price of a nicely appointed Bronco Badlands. Coincidence? Or perhaps the IRS has a gen6 reserved as well. 😁

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How ironic $60k....it’s almost as if Uncle Sam is taxing you at the exact price of a nicely appointed Bronco Badlands. Coincidence? Or perhaps the IRS has a gen6 reserved as well. 😁
Right? I was thinking the exact same thing. And then there’s still that issue of having to talk my husband into the Bronco. I got my fast car a month ago so I may be screwed on this one. He does t get the off reading/truck thing. He’s from the UK so besides that he can’t throw a ball for the life of him, but he kicks my a$$ at every other sport. How do y’all convince your partners?

MCP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this in my email:
Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? Capture Bronco Incentives.JPG

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right? I was thinking the exact same thing. And then there’s still that issue of having to talk my husband into the Bronco. I got my fast car a month ago so I may be screwed on this one. He does t get the off reading/truck thing. He’s from the UK so besides that he can’t throw a ball for the life of him, but he kicks my a$$ at every other sport. How do y’all convince your partners?
Well, most of the bronco enthusiasts on this forum have women as significant others, so we don’t even try. The best some of us can do is try and convince them it was their idea, or just go for broke and buy it without consult...... because after all, it’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trickery and deception if that dont work flowers and candy👍

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck finding one to lease in the next couple of years. I think Ford will be backed up on reservations well into 2022.
I’ve got my VIN so in theory early Fall. If I finance it I’ll use our credit union and put a lot down, but with leasing you’re stuck with whatever Ford offers you (possibly a shitty rate). My brother always drove Bronco’s, so mine will be a tribute to him, and the first American c
Trickery and deception if that dont work flowers and candy👍
More like a new tube amp and mountain bike. Substantially more $$$ than flowers and candy. :unsure:

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got my VIN so in theory early Fall. If I finance it I’ll use our credit union and put a lot down, but with leasing you’re stuck with whatever Ford offers you (possibly a shitty rate). My brother always drove Bronco’s, so mine will be a tribute to him, and the first American c

More like a new tube amp and mountain bike. Substantially more $$$ than flowers and candy. :unsure:
Oops, first American car I’ve owned since my 65 Mustang (blown motor in the 70’s)

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got this in my email:
Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? Capture Bronco Incentives.JPG
My BD is coming in around the same price as a standard Badlands 2 door. No incentives on the Bronco either.
Sponsored