First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
:ROFLMAO: And stop gloating, I've been "asking for permission" for over 30 years now, well I guess it should be called "compromising", but you know.
Well now I am not going to be gloating because as far as I know I have been bumped to Feb 2022, and as a result, I may actually cancel my order. I am more than a little annoyed at military auto sales, they have jerked me around a few too many times now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well now I am not going to be gloating because as far as I know I have been bumped to Feb 2022, and as a result, I may actually cancel my order. I am more than a little annoyed at military auto sales, they have jerked me around a few too many times now.
If I can’t convince my husband on the 4 door BD with soft top I have my VIN on ya want mine?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I can’t convince my husband on the 4 door BD with soft top I have my VIN on ya want mine?
Depends, does it come as a package deal with you and the dog? ;)

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha ha ha, you’d love the dog but I’d drive you nuts, just ask my husband. 😂

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually I'm pretty sure my husband would oblige as I just bought a new car and have my VIN for the BD, and reserved a Lightning for the future...

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you look at vehicles as an investment, then sure the financial implications are bleak. Look at a vehicle as a transportation tool, then it is more mentally healthy. Any evaluation of the economic cost of vehicle use (owning outright or leasing) comes down simply how much the vehicle costs you to drive it per-mile. If you are buying the Bronco as a toy, then chatting about opportunity cost is pretty much pointless; it's a toy.

Lease a vehicle for personal use and the cost per mile is north of $2.50 for a vehicle around $30K BEFORE fuel cost and maintenance. Buy the same car and drive it for 150,000 - 200,000 miles and the cost per mile drops to around 50 cents, all costs accounted for.

For a leased vehicle, the owner determines the cost per mile you pay. If you own car, you *mostly get to decide how much the per-mile cost will be. *depends on what the vehicle's average maintenance cost per mile is, which on newly introduced models can be somewhat of an unknown, but educated guesses can be made on that element of ownership.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually I'm pretty sure my husband would oblige as I just bought a new car and have my VIN for the BD, and reserved a Lightning for the future...
LOL, you aren't cheap to keep. ;) Update: I did finally get my VIN.

Last edited:

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've leased in the past as a means to purchase. Allows you to put very little down upfront, have a low monthly payment and live with the vehicle for an extended period of time. I've actually been so far ahead on a few of them that the "trade in" at the end of the lease is more than my residual. I've actually had dealers pay me to take my car (or at least apply it to the next vehicle).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've leased in the past as a means to purchase. Allows you to put very little down upfront, have a low monthly payment and live with the vehicle for an extended period of time. I've actually been so far ahead on a few of them that the "trade in" at the end of the lease is more than my residual. I've actually had dealers pay me to take my car (or at least apply it to the next vehicle).
Well, honestly, I can put 0 down on the purchase with the financing on a purchase. However, the monthly payment is not necessarily low (on a zero down $60k vehicle loan, it is just about $1050 per month on a 60 month term at 2.19% APR).

I am torn between paying cash (my original plan) or taking advantage of what is a loan that is clearly going to be below the rate of inflation. It seems foolish to pay cash at the current interest rates.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm voting both because I'm looking at the flushed used market. Where the BLs and BBs get traded in because they aren't plush enough.

3 years down the line with the "lower" than wonderful mpg and more purpose built ride could give some really good value on a low mileage vehicle.
Sponsored