Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Poll added (see top of the thread). Please vote.

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm buying, but I'm waiting until MY22 to get the SAS with the manual tranny. Hopefully, all the kinks will get worked out by then. Or at least most of them.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have leased my last two vehicles the bronco lease makes no sense you get nothing for mileage if you just want to pay to have it sitting in your driveway rock on and don't dare take it off road you will get lit up with damage fees

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it's a commitment issue then lease. If you don't plan on not driving it very much then lease if you must have it. Tax advantages for business purposes are close as you can depreciate the car if you're buying it. Also, if purchasing don't forget about Section 179 depreciation the first year. While buying it affords you equity and ownership leasing does not. Don't get it if can't afford it. Don't finance long term. I'm buying and enjoying it.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last vehicle I’ll be getting (I hope), whether it has issues or not, so I hope they have most of it worked out pretty well. Financing is my only option... and I’m ok with that 🙂

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the price tag will go up once Ford finishes working through reservations. Yes, there is reliability risk. But there is also excess demand. I think dealers will mark these up with few deals to be had. I can see driving my Bronco for 5 years and selling for $5k less than I paid.

I bet my BL sells on the lot (whenever that happens) for $5-7k more than I’m paying.

If you believe these predictions are realistic, buying is an obvious choice. Usually it’s just personal preference as vehicle makers have pricing dialed in before both.

Last edited:

gmichael

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am purchasing because it is a simple interest loan and no other fees. It will be hard to convince myself to drive it off-road much as it is but definitely would not if leasing.

I feel like it is going to do so good in resale regardless so I can also trade whenever.

Also, I definitely think I am getting an extended warranty if purchase:

https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pl...Option1=9750&PlanOption8=9053&Submit=Continue

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, I'm trying decide if I'll buy or lease my Bronco, leaning towards a lease as it will be the first generation and I may not want to be tied to a vehicle if there are early issues. Wondering what others are thinking. My latest car and the one I just sold I bought but prior to those I was leasing every 3 years. Where are you all leaning on this one? Thanks for reading.

Dumb-And-Dumber-Sequel-Jeff-Daniels-665x385.jpg
I only plan on lease if I can't afford to purchase. I'm going to have to get a low interest rate to afford to purchase. If I have to lease I'd want the option to purchase it later on. I am also nervous about first year issues. New options coming out in upcoming years etc.. However, unless it's complete garbage I think I'll keep this one for life. I was so looking forward to no more car payments on my Cherokee by the end of summer. But then they announced the Bronco release. Id much rather have this one for ten years or so with no payment. Which is also why I want a first year release. In 15-20 years you might be able to resale this for what you paid for it. We'll just see how things go. Everything has to be electric by 2050. I wonder, will that make this more or less desirable?

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying. I drive 25k miles a year easily so a lease doesnt work for me.

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got this in my email:
Capture Bronco Incentives.JPG
Buy all the way
10,500 miles year you need have job 5 miles away and all shopping 5 miles away
28 miles a day will be eaten up fast

Put 20-30k down and buy at lowest interest you can get

nsmiller0807

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2019 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchase. I’m planning on modifying and off-roading my Bronco. I highly doubt that would work well with a leased vehicle lol

Mike Mc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going to try on a payment for 84 months. Lock it in before inflation goes up anymore.
Sponsored