Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I clicked this thread to see what everyone's thoughts were on lease vs buy, but this turned out to be a much more entertaining discussion! I love the trophy wife/trophy husband discussion. Also, I have an M2 6 speed manual, and was interested to hear your thoughts on the M240i, which is also a great choice. I originally thought I might sell the M2 when I get the Bronco, but now I'm trying to figure out how to keep both as the M2 is just such a fun car, and really works as a daily driver. That will be the hard sell with my trophy wife, haha. She's okay with me keeping one or the other, but not both. Might have to upgrade her Q7.
Sponsored

Forsche

Base
First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Porsche Boxster, E55, Z4, Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leasing - wanted 2-door Mansquatch, don't want to wait until they finally start making them, and with the residuals they were putting on the 4 door base, less than $400/month for 2 year lease, even with Sasquatch/V-6. So it'll replace the 06 Expedition for 2 years, then I'll look at building what I really want after everything has settled down (leasing residuals will drop, making it a purchase if I'm happy with it).
Wife has Z4/Corsair, so she's not complaining (much.....:eek:)

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I clicked this thread to see what everyone's thoughts were on lease vs buy, but this turned out to be a much more entertaining discussion! I love the trophy wife/trophy husband discussion. Also, I have an M2 6 speed manual, and was interested to hear your thoughts on the M240i, which is also a great choice. I originally thought I might sell the M2 when I get the Bronco, but now I'm trying to figure out how to keep both as the M2 is just such a fun car, and really works as a daily driver. That will be the hard sell with my trophy wife, haha. She's okay with me keeping one or the other, but not both. Might have to upgrade her Q7.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha ha true! The Q7 is a great car, I had a Q5 andcnearly bought an SQ5 this time but ended up with the M240i, go figure. Wasnā€™t really worth it to have a fast engine in an SUV, just not the same. I tried the Macan and Macan S, it was a disappointment, but I digress. What year is your m2. I found a ā€˜18 in perfect condition, manual with slick top and all the fancy bits for 45k, it had 17,000 miles too. But then my son got us looking at the car I bought and it made total sense. I didnā€™t get the more aggressive stance of the M2, but decided it wasnt worth 10k. I LOVE my car and the B58 is superb. The 2s are such little sleepers too. Oh and I got the auto which is actually a bit quicker than the manual with its smooth gear changes. Iā€™ve gotta stop watching YouTubeā€™s of it, Iā€™m becoming one of those people.
Ya gotta keep the m2. Iā€™ll work on your wife if you work on my husband. He still needs convincing on the Bronco. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is exactly why i dont foster it would be shepherd island in no time
Ha! I pulled Jackson from a shelter in SoCal during the big fires 3 years ago. Drove down abs back in a day and heā€™s been the perfect gentleman ever since. I have 2 other dogs and two horses who are boarded, so you can Iā€™m already skating on thin ice. I could so live on Shepherd Island, not kidding!

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that this thread did start turning towards significant others. This being the internet where people will sometimes add their two cents of personal information then I too shall add mine. I have been divorced for 13 years. I am non committal at this point as my GF of 5 years constantly reminds me. Together we would make a very decent living. She makes about $30k a year more than me. Anyways, I told her about my reservation, my order and then took her to see Broncos in person at a dealer event. She thinks spending a little over $50k on the Bronco is stupid. I have decided that I now need a new girlfriend.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ha! I pulled Jackson from a shelter in SoCal during the big fires 3 years ago. Drove down abs back in a day and heā€™s been the perfect gentleman ever since. I have 2 other dogs and two horses who are boarded, so you can Iā€™m already skating on thin ice. I could so live on Shepherd Island, not kidding!
its in the works 50 acres in santa cruz hills stay tuned.
Edit bring your boy he can play with the dumbest deer on earth.
Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? Screenshot_20210518-195007_Gallery

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok I laughed out loud! šŸ˜‚
[/QUOTE
I have to disagree, even with the speed limits, there is little as satisfying as driving my 6 speed F355 Spider with the top down on a gorgeous day!

I might add that I tried to resist buying it, but it was $47,500 in 2012, then I figured financing a used car would stop me - USAA offered me 3.75% financing, then I thought insurance would stop me - but $85/month for full coverage.... I was out of excuses and powerless.
check this out!

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If we were talking commuter cars of some sort I could see a lease.
I suppose it will depend upon your use of your Bronco and if you intend to modify it in any way. New parts means you can store the old, and the new will hopfully fit onto a new Bronco in a few years when you trade up.

Personally I will be purchasing my Wildtrack 4 Dr. We are kind of a captive audience so the incentives to buy are not going to be as awesome as we would like them to be. I do plan to take trips, some mild 4 wheeling in my area, and maybe see what other trouble I can get into within reason before the snow flys - if it gets here that fast!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This will be my first new car in 10 years, and yes, it's more than I would prefer to spend, but I plan on enjoying to the point that it's worth every penny I will pay for it.

Moya, remind your husband that you are still young enough to be adopted by an 80 year old oil tycoon. LMFAO. Maybe that will convince him... In the meantime, I am reminding myself that I don't have to ask permission... LOL.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If we were talking commuter cars of some sort I could see a lease.
I suppose it will depend upon your use of your Bronco and if you intend to modify it in any way. New parts means you can store the old, and the new will hopfully fit onto a new Bronco in a few years when you trade up.

Personally I will be purchasing my Wildtrack 4 Dr. We are kind of a captive audience so the incentives to buy are not going to be as awesome as we would like them to be. I do plan to take trips, some mild 4 wheeling in my area, and maybe see what other trouble I can get into within reason before the snow flys - if it gets here that fast!
As far as I can tell there are no incentives for the Bronco, period.
This will be my first new car in 10 years, and yes, it's more than I would prefer to spend, but I plan on enjoying to the point that it's worth every penny I will pay for it.

Moya, remind your husband that you are still young enough to be adopted by an 80 year old oil tycoon. LMFAO. Maybe that will convince him... In the meantime, I am reminding myself that I don't have to ask permission... LOL.
I need to find one first and I'm not exactly in the right place. :ROFLMAO: And stop gloating, I've been "asking for permission" for over 30 years now, well I guess it should be called "compromising", but you know.

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ha ha true! The Q7 is a great car, I had a Q5 andcnearly bought an SQ5 this time but ended up with the M240i, go figure. Wasnā€™t really worth it to have a fast engine in an SUV, just not the same. I tried the Macan and Macan S, it was a disappointment, but I digress. What year is your m2. I found a ā€˜18 in perfect condition, manual with slick top and all the fancy bits for 45k, it had 17,000 miles too. But then my son got us looking at the car I bought and it made total sense. I didnā€™t get the more aggressive stance of the M2, but decided it wasnt worth 10k. I LOVE my car and the B58 is superb. The 2s are such little sleepers too. Oh and I got the auto which is actually a bit quicker than the manual with its smooth gear changes. Iā€™ve gotta stop watching YouTubeā€™s of it, Iā€™m becoming one of those people.
Ya gotta keep the m2. Iā€™ll work on your wife if you work on my husband. He still needs convincing on the Bronco. šŸ˜‚
My M2 is a 2017. I bought it in January 2020 for $35k (with 25k miles), and I see them going for $44k currently. Itā€™s worked out well so far. I know thereā€™s inflated prices on used cars currently, but it makes me think of the Porsche you mentioned off loading. My wife is cool with the Bronco, although she just realized the 2 door I ordered is a 4 seater, so she wasnā€™t thrilled with that. I just canā€™t go with the 4 door. 4 door okay, but the 2 door is badass.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My M2 is a 2017. I bought it in January 2020 for $35k (with 25k miles), and I see them going for $44k currently. Itā€™s worked out well so far. I know thereā€™s inflated prices on used cars currently, but it makes me think of the Porsche you mentioned off loading. My wife is cool with the Bronco, although she just realized the 2 door I ordered is a 4 seater, so she wasnā€™t thrilled with that. I just canā€™t go with the 4 door. 4 door okay, but the 2 door is badass.
You did get a great deal on your M2. I prefer the dash on the '18 and up so I waited to find the right one. Just sold my '14 X1 with 50k for $14,800, gave them a great deal and they're super happy. Hubby not so much when he remembered what we paid for it 2 years ago.
And I didn't offload the Porsche, I regret selling it every day. It just wasn't practical at the time and I was being a brat because I always got the mom car and my husband drove the Porsche. Yes, the old "cut off your nose to spite your face" thing, guilty as charged. :devilish:
Sponsored