Sponsored

POLL / Petition to FORD - Make Bronco Reservations Dealer Portable!

Should Ford Make Bronco Reservations Dealer Portable?

• Total voters

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stand up and be counted! We do have rights, and it's time to exercise them.

The problem is simple - Dealers have the ability to hold our reservation ransom and dealers are unreliable and uncontrollable by Ford. When you add those two things together the odds of dealers abusing customers is pretty high. How do we insure this does not happen? Make our reservations dealer portable.

Making our reservations portable will put the power back in the hands of the customer. Meaning, we the people who reserved and put up money, paid for something and expect that something to be useful, we should have right to move our paid reservation to a dealer of our choice.

For everyone that ordered and had a less than positive experience, and especially those who were forced to use a dealer that we did not select. This thread serves as the a place to raise your hand and be counted to encourage Ford to make our reservations portable.

In other words, we formally request Ford provides the ability for us move our reservation to dealers (even if we have to pay a fee or another $100) without having to cancel and give up what we reserved.

There are already a lot examples of customers seeing strange dealer behavior, let's stop this before it becomes a lawsuit.
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford’s reservation faq says that you can change dealerships until the order is placed. But their phone rep said if you can’t figure it out online, too bad.

my dealer already said msrp +1400 in mandatory dealer ad ons like paint protection. Thinking about canceling and going with granger motors (across the country) who will do 1k under invoice, no dealer ads.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is critical to the success of this launch. Just imagine how bad the press will be when there are 1000's of stories of people who reserved a Bronco and then couldn't end up getting it because the dealer asked for an extra $10k. It will be a lot of ugly press coverage taking the shine off the release of an otherwise absolutely outstanding vehicle.

Put the ADM on Broncos on the lot. Fine. Buyers have a choice then. But don't hold our reservations hostage!

Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the reservations were with Ford and not the dealership? Meaning you can change your reservation to any dealership until the order is placed. Is this not the case?

This is what the Online Reservation FAQ states:

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought the reservations were with Ford and not the dealership? Meaning you can change your reservation to any dealership until the order is placed. Is this not the case?

This is what the Online Reservation FAQ states:

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.
Mixed reports on this, see the poster above. We need definitive confirmation that this is true and an easy way to do this via the web without losing your reservation.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stand up and be counted! We do have rights, and it's time to exercise them.

The problem is simple - Dealers have the ability to hold our reservation ransom and dealers are unreliable and uncontrollable by Ford. When you add those two things together the odds of dealers abusing customers is pretty high. How do we insure this does not happen? Make our reservations dealer portable.

There are already a lot examples of customers seeing strange dealer behavior, let's stop this before it becomes a lawsuit.
I don't think the dealers necessarily know the ins and outs yet (for example they don't know full options and pricing specs yet). When you placed the reservation the website said that the reservations are portable. If they renege on that it will automatically result in a class action lawsuit, so there is no way they'd be stupid enough to tarnish the launch by doing that. Since you won't need to even worry about it until December try taking a deep breath and let things play out.

OP
OP

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think the dealers necessarily know the ins and outs yet (for example they don't know full options and pricing specs yet). When you placed the reservation the website said that the reservations are portable. If they renege on that it will automatically result in a class action lawsuit, so there is no way they'd be stupid enough to tarnish the launch by doing that. Since you won't need to even worry about it until December try taking a deep breath and let things play out.
That was the hope, turns out folks are being told its not possible, see this thread ----> Called Ford...

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had an online "Chat" with a Ford rep today and he told me that I cannot change dealers without cancelling my reservation. Absolute bull. I live in San Francisco and I KNOW the dealers are going to upcharge like crazy because of all the yuppie tech Bros have money to blow on markup.

I'll sign wherever I can to stand up for this fight.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was the hope, turns out folks are being told its not possible, see this thread ----> Called Ford...
From reading that post, it looks like that customer service rep clearly didn't understand the process and hadn't received any training. For example, there is no way to option out the SUV in the reservation system as the rep apparently told that poster. I have a print out of all the terms, conditions, and FAQs at the time I made the reservation. I also happen to be an attorney. Ford will not want to deal with the litigation and more importantly bad press that would result from a breach of contract like that because the terms clearly state that the reservation is transferable to a different dealership. The company's future is entirely dependent on the bronco being a success. I can almost guarantee that this is simply a result of poor customer service rep training and a subpar IT department that can't design a scalable website to save their lives let alone have the functionality required to easily switch it on the website.

OP
OP

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Added a poll as a way to sign without posting.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From reading that post, it looks like that customer service rep clearly didn't understand the process and hadn't received any training. For example, there is no way to option out the SUV in the reservation system as the rep apparently told that poster. I have a print out of all the terms, conditions, and FAQs at the time I made the reservation. I also happen to be an attorney. Ford will not want to deal with the litigation and more importantly bad press that would result from a breach of contract like that because the terms clearly state that the reservation is transferable to a different dealership. The company's future is entirely dependent on the bronco being a success. I can almost guarantee that this is simply a result of poor customer service rep training and a subpar IT department that can't design a scalable website to save their lives let alone have the functionality required to easily switch it on the website.
Put me on his team coach!

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford’s reservation faq says that you can change dealerships until the order is placed. But their phone rep said if you can’t figure it out online, too bad.

my dealer already said msrp +1400 in mandatory dealer ad ons like paint protection. Thinking about canceling and going with granger motors (across the country) who will do 1k under invoice, no dealer ads.
Yeah, the phone rep I spoke with said this policy was actually changed and you can't change it whatsoever. They referenced the MACH-E process as a reason why they changed it, was that a nightmare?
Sponsored