Sponsored

Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco

What most influenced your decision to purchase a Bronco?

• I prefer to buy Ford vehicles

• Fondness of previous Bronco models

• Functionality/Utility

• Good Product

• Good Looks

• I want something different from a Jeep, but I enjoy that type of vehicle

• Needed a new vehicle

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to turn my Bronco addiction into something beneficial, so for one of my MBA classes I'm writing a case study on Ford and will be using the Bronco as a big part of my argument. Any help with the poll below would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts you have on the Ford brand as a whole would be beneficial, especially if you're not typically a Ford consumer.

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted something that hit a few specific requirements and the Bronco is the only one that hit all the marks or exceeded them. This will be my first Ford, but I can really appreciate the brand trying to maintain connection to car enthusiasts and not just going for tech & fuel economy like so many others.

1 Functionality
* 2 kids & 2 dogs
2 Fun factor
*Engine
*Something that appeals to the car enthusiast in me
*Offroad capability, opens up a new avenue I haven’t explored yet in the automotive world.
+Bonus Removable roof/doors
3 Tech
*Heated seats, emergency braking assist were some of my must haves.
+Bonus 360 degree camera & remote start were something I was looking for but could have lived without.
4 Safety
*Bronco has the rear passenger air bags that the Wrangler was lacking
*The Bronco Sport was rated so highly in crash testing, I expect that they strived for similar safety goals for the full size (yes I know they are totally different platforms and unrelated).
5 Fuel economy
-I dont give a 💩 about fuel economy.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wanted a convertible, but needed something more practical than a sports car, room for 4 adult passengers, a decent cargo area, and drivable in the winter.

And that list reduced to the wrangler, which had a terrible reputation (and well deserved) for aweful on road manners.

bronco gave me an alternative I could live with now.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just like the looks and uniqueness in an age where SUV's all look so generic. My wife is hard on vehicles so I would rather dump $60k into something like this that has some style and a durable plastic interior than on a luxury SUV where I will notice all the damage to the interior leather and exterior as I have a bit of OCD.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife spent her childhood in the backseat of Broncos. Her Dad abruptly passed away right around the time the Bronco was revealed. As an off road, camping, hunting enthusiast it felt like the perfect match and will mean a lot to my wife sitting in the driveway everyday.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the above? I can't pick out a single most important reason. It is the combination of multiple factors that went into the decision.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"All the above".

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah, hard to pick one...

I, for one, didn't know it was being released. But I needed a new car and was looking at Jeep's... so I guess Google thought I'd like the Bronco and put it in my feed. I clicked on it, and was like whoa. I want that. Turned to the wife and said, it's only $100 to reserve. And to my surprise, she said, just do it! So I did.

So for me, it's kinda a combo of good looks, like jeeps, but wanted something different, and I needed a new car.

oh, and good luck on your case study!

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have any need for something as capable as a Bronco or Wrangler. Hell, my wife's Outback is overkill for our off-roading. No, I really like the rugged looking vehicles out there and definitely want a roof that comes off. Also like to sit up higher than the average car and want the capacity to carry hobby gear, my grandkids and dogs. If Ford made a soft-top Bronco Sport that would get my attention. I may be the only person completely satisfied with the wheel/tire size on the Outer Banks!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Learned to drive on a 4th Gen manual, so the nostalgia was a big factor.

Been driving cars for a few decades and was looking to get into something that sits a bit higher and offer more overall functionality. That the Bronco offered a manual sealed the deal. My current car, which I'll have had for 10 years by the time I trade it in, is the only automatic I've ever purchased and I have been desperate to get back into a manual.

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm trying to turn my Bronco addiction into something beneficial, so for one of my MBA classes I'm writing a case study on Ford and will be using the Bronco as a big part of my argument. Any help with the poll below would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts you have on the Ford brand as a whole would be beneficial, especially if you're not typically a Ford consumer.

Thanks all!
I had a jeep in HS and really miss having such a fun everyday driver, but don't like the way jeeps look. The bronco looks BA. I am coming from GMC and was very hesitant to move to Ford, because everyone knows what F-O-R-D stands for ;)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My purchases are 99% about the joy they bring me just staring at them. It could be the most capable and affordable thing on the planet, but if it doesn't invoke some kind of passion - forget about it. I love most things about Jeeps, but they just don't pull me in. My old FJ40 Landcruiser which was basically copied/reverse engineered and then improved upon the old Jeeps - That thing stole my heart and breath from the second I saw it. The same thing happened when the first real videos of the Bronco came out - It was finally everything I wished the Jeep could have been.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Versatility
Off-road ability
Convertible

I'm a lifelong Chevy guy but after what they did to the Blazer I just can't take the Bowtie seriously...perhaps ever again...

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My perspective from a not so Ford friendly buyer. (I'm a Toyota guy)
Nothing about the ride of a Jeep interests me. Every Jeep I ever rode in made me ready to jump out and call an Uber. Jeep's do have the ability to remove the top and doors which make for a "manlier" convertible option than a Miata or Corvette.
Toyota makes the best 4x4 vehicles in the World, but they don't make a removable top version anymore. The out-of-production FJ Cruisers were the closest thing to a Jeep, but had too many blind spots, too much plastic, and you couldn't remove the top.
Along comes Bronco....
IFS, removable top and doors, factory lifted, bead lock capable wheels......and not a Jeep. It's not a Toyota either, but I think I'll take my chances.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a new vehicle soon, I need something big enough to put all my dogs in, I need something good in the mud and snow, and above all, I NEED SOMETHING WITHOUT AND BEV OR HYBRID BS!
Sponsored