Sponsored

Poll: Stock Wheels - which wheel is your favorite?

Which stock wheel is your favorite?

• Total voters

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it you that said RTR was “ROLL TIDE ROLL” on one of the KOH threads? I had forgotten about that until now, and as a Clemson fan, I can’t make myself look at their wheels again! :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though, I think the RTR wheels look awesome. I’ve been looking at Icon’s and Method’s as well for future upgrades.
Yep, it was me being an ass. 😄 Clemson huh? Well, we'll be coming to take back Dabo soon. He's a good guy and a Bammer all the way.

On the wheels, I do like the Method options also and the fact that you don't need the Bead Lock ring. I don't see myself airing down lower than 12-15 PSI anyway, but I've popped a bead before and it sucked. put on my spare, but basically ran pansy ass for the remainder of the weekend and my friends were bummed; I kinda ruined the fun of the trip, but bought a keg that next weekend for the guys and all was forgiven. I was traumatized by the ordeal and think I was down to 10 that day when I really didn't need to be.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see RTR wheels I think Roll Tide Roll, then I start singing Rammer Jammer in my head!

My moto for any haters is just remember “Everybody’s blood runs Crimson!”
May God bless you for all of your days friend.

Cheers to you! 🍺

Roll Tide.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it was me being an ass. 😄 Clemson huh? Well, we'll be coming to take back Dabo soon. He's a good guy and a Bammer all the way.

On the wheels, I do like the Method options also and the fact that you don't need the Bead Lock ring. I don't see myself airing down lower than 12-15 PSI anyway, but I've popped a bead before and it sucked. put on my spare, but basically ran pansy ass for the remainder of the weekend and my friends were bummed; I kinda ruined the fun of the trip, but bought a keg that next weekend for the guys and all was forgiven. I was traumatized by the ordeal and think I was down to 10 that day when I really didn't need to be.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama picks Dabo up. I will be bummed though! I didn’t even realize it, but I’m actually wearing a Clemson t-shirt right now!

Also, the bead grip technology on the Method’s is what is pulling me in too, but I’m not convinced I’m in love with the way they look. I need to see them on someone else’s rig first. I’m usually into more simple designs.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama picks Dabo up. I will be bummed though! I didn’t even realize it, but I’m actually wearing a Clemson t-shirt right now!

Also, the bead grip technology on the Method’s is what is pulling me in too, but I’m not convinced I’m in love with the way they look. I need to see them on someone else’s rig first. I’m usually into more simple designs.
Exodus 4X4 in Texas seem to love Method. Discovered during my research of them. I like the look. The 317 and 305 wheels have the look I like in Titanium since my rig is Area 51. But, my only reservation is that they are solid aluminum.

I know I can be a dinosaur on this, but it's not that Aluminum are bad, it's the fact that I screw up so much when wheeling in my old Disco, that I fear bending one and its ruined. Really need to get over myself with this since the weight savings is immense over the steel wheels I've got.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the main reasons I have stuck with the Wildtrak despite hesitation about the interior . . . the black accents and wheels.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exodus 4X4 in Texas seem to love Method. Discovered during my research of them. I like the look. The 317 and 305 wheels have the look I like in Titanium since my rig is Area 51. But, my only reservation is that they are solid aluminum.

I know I can be a dinosaur on this, but it's not that Aluminum are bad, it's the fact that I screw up so much when wheeling in my old Disco, that I fear bending one and its ruined. Really need to get over myself with this since the weight savings is immense over the steel wheels I've got.
The weight savings from aluminum keep me from second guessing. If I start to really beat on my Bronco or it becomes a dedicated trail rig is when I will consider steel, but that is years away. I may also just use the Sasquatch wheels to beat on while on the trail and keep my prettier upgraded wheels for street and lighter trail usage.

For me, it's going to depend a lot on how I truly end up using the Bronco and how often I get to hit the trails.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went with the BL Grey Ring upgrade. Bonus is....it's only a $700 CDN or $550 US upgrade!!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The weight savings from aluminum keep me from second guessing. If I start to really beat on my Bronco or it becomes a dedicated trail rig is when I will consider steel, but that is years away. I may also just use the Sasquatch wheels to beat on while on the trail and keep my prettier upgraded wheels for street and lighter trail usage.

For me, it's going to depend a lot on how I truly end up using the Bronco and how often I get to hit the trails.
You're right and have me starting to think clearly. I've even posted the truth that I'm not crawling this thing; certainly not in the first 4 years, so why not get some nice wheels?

Method 704 Bead Grip are some wheels that I've fallen in love with and they're not too expensive. Will need to decide between these and RTR, but I don't really need steel or racing forged or anything like that because I won't be running the Bronco that hard and I don't live near a desert.

Using the stock wheels as beaters is a smart move too.

See, this is why I come on the forum. When left to my own stupidity, the crap I can convince myself of is just silly and makes very little sense.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me the BD wheels and 33 tires and im good. Otherwise the BL, come with the free aluminum wheels. If im spending money for other than free or package included. Id go after market like method wheels.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right and have me starting to think clearly. I've even posted the truth that I'm not crawling this thing; certainly not in the first 4 years, so why not get some nice wheels?

Method 704 Bead Grip are some wheels that I've fallen in love with and they're not too expensive. Will need to decide between these and RTR, but I don't really need steel or racing forged or anything like that because I won't be running the Bronco that hard and I don't live near a desert.

Using the stock wheels as beaters is a smart move too.

See, this is why I come on the forum. When left to my own stupidity, the crap I can convince myself of is just silly and makes very little sense.
This forum can be dangerous too! I know I talk myself into huge suspension mods and portal axles and all kinds of crazy stuff because of things I see on this forum, and then I take a step back and think, "why?" :ROFLMAO:

Ford has really done an awesome job with the factory equipment and, to stay somewhat on track with this thread, I think the majority of buyers like at least one of the wheel offerings.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about a vote for absolutely none of them!
I voted Greg, but it was basically for the lesser of all evils (stock BL). Like you I'm really not that thrilled with any of them. I'm ordering an OBX so you know what I'm dealing with, and they're 18" wheels on top of that. :)

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t like any of them. I’ll replace my BB wheels with some Ranger wheels or aftermarket wheels if any decent looking Ranger wheels match Bronco specs.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the BLs darker ring myself! My SAS ring will be powder coated a nice dark bronze brown! I also love the BB OG wheel. I think it look super cool bronze too!

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone help us with some confusion with our (great) dealer.

Has anyone ordered the Optional Badlands Wheels with the BFG A/T's? Our dealer is telling us the only way to get the Optional Badlands Wheels to to ALSO add the M/T's (which we don't want).

Anyone have their preview order that shows this is possible? Or am I totally off base with this assumption, all along?

Thanks!
Sponsored