Sponsored

POLL: what powertrain are you choosing at order time?

What powertrain are you choosing at order time?

• Total voters

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Until today I was set on 2.7 and auto, but the recent B&P change makes me somewhat concerned about staying in budget on that, so I may end up knocking it down to the 2.3 and auto.

(Also, if there is like a 3 mpg difference between the two, I’d take the better one, gotta stretch the 16.9 gallon tank on the 2 door as far as possible!)
I'd really like to see a redo of this poll since the B&P changes.
Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd really like to see a redo of this poll since the B&P changes.
That would definitely be interesting.

I know for some people the 2.7 takes precedence over sasquatch, but I’d rather keep Sasquatch and lose the 2.7 for my purposes.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That would definitely be interesting.

I know for some people the 2.7 takes precedence over sasquatch, but I’d rather keep Sasquatch and lose the 2.7 for my purposes.
But both went up by $1595 in the B&P as neither has the "free" auto anymore. I've always been 2.3 so it just affected my Sasquatch build and I always had to pay for the auto in a nonsas. I think the take rate on the 2.7, and Squatch will drop a lot.

I think whether you get 2.7 Squatch or not, or 2.3 Squatch they will each go up "only $1595".

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Since the 2.3L is the only motor offered with the 7MT, no other option IMO.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

3 on the tree EB fun to drive...really? :confused:
I’ll have to say it was fun to learn to drive on. Of course it was a mid 50’s Chevy sedan not an EB. But it was still off road! Nice wide open field with no other cars to interact with. Easy to get going in the mud.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But both went up by $1595 in the B&P as neither has the "free" auto anymore. I've always been 2.3 so it just affected my Sasquatch build and I always had to pay for the auto in a nonsas. I think the take rate on the 2.7, and Squatch will drop a lot.

I think whether you get 2.7 Squatch or not, or 2.3 Squatch they will each go up "only $1595".
True, but I’m debating whether I want to spend $40k on my 2dr basequatch, or knock the almost $1900 off it and go with the 2.3. (I’m also really hoping for mpg ratings before all options are locked in)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll have to say it was fun to learn to drive on. Of course it was a mid 50’s Chevy sedan not an EB. But it was still off road! Nice wide open field with no other cars to interact with. Easy to get going in the mud.
Ha Ha, I learned to drive in a '66 Bronco, kept trying to start in 3rd. Bought my own '66 about 15 yrs ago, liked to stick in third, oh what fun.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3 on the tree EB fun to drive...really? :confused:
I have three on the floor, twin sticks, V8, 4:11 gears, lockers, power brakes, power steering, and shoulder belts. The inside is rhino lined. (really looking forward to my Badlands) It doesn't have power windows but I don't care on an open top vehicle. It is a blast to drive.
Ford Bronco POLL:  what powertrain are you choosing at order time? 74 bronco playa

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have three on the floor, twin sticks, V8, 4:11 gears, lockers, power brakes, power steering, and shoulder belts. The inside is rhino lined. (really looking forward to my Badlands) It doesn't have power windows but I don't care on an open top vehicle. It is a blast to drive.
Ford Bronco POLL:  what powertrain are you choosing at order time? 74 bronco playa
now that's a Bronco right there!

You know, you will be drastically improving your overall experience here. If spec'd right you could have yourself up off the ground sleeping on the top of your new Bronco that also could have some lovely heated seats and power windows :ROFLMAO: That is also not to mention you could be grabbing a cold beer out of the fridge in the back.

mrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 Lariat; 2016 RAM; 2022 Black Diamond SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMHO, if you do serious 4WD trails, an auto is much more capable/practical. I live about 45 minutes from Black Bear Pass (Telluride Co area), and 8 miles from the nearest paved road. Watch the Black Bear Pass YouTube videos if you are not familiar. When you are doing 5 point turn hairpins with 1000' drop-offs, even a moment with the clutch in is sketchy. I love a stick shift, and raced SCCA for many years, but there are times when an auto makes sense.

Sponsored

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the 2.3L is the only motor offered with the 7MT, no other option IMO.
Since it sounds like the 2.7 can't be mated to a manual, I'm getting the MT in hopes that maybe they offer a different engine someday in the future. Then I can either trade in or go the engine swap route.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since it sounds like the 2.7 can't be mated to a manual, I'm getting the MT in hopes that maybe they offer a different engine someday in the future. Then I can either trade in or go the engine swap route.
I think once you drive the 2.3 you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was when I first test drove the Ranger and still am today. The Ranger has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs, to many are underestimating this motor. I did tune mine and now it has the same specs as the 2.7 with different tunes.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sticking with 2.7/Auto. Buy once, cry once. This whole purchase is ridiculous, so what the heck, why not.

BuckinBronc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going 2.3 manual to have the three pedals, as long as it ends up being nice to drive (eg. good throttle response, minimal rev hang, and decent feeling clutch). Seeing that this poll is on an enthusiasts site and has only has a 20% take rate has me skeptical that the three pedal option will live longer than 3 model years. I'm thinking the actual manual take rate will be much lower than 20% for the general population of buyers. Bronco buyers please prove me wrong.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have to have the manual so makes the choice easy. Would definitely get the 2.7 if it were an option with the manual.
Sponsored