Sponsored

POLL: what powertrain are you choosing at order time?

What powertrain are you choosing at order time?

• Total voters

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

which brings me to the automatic part. See this picture? That’a the urban hellscape that I call home. You’d have to be a glutton for punishment to drive a stick in that kind of traffic
5758B2C9-28D1-4D08-9D2C-A99FCB540B48.jpeg

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 Otto. I'm with CW04 on the manual, but not quite as broken down. I'm all for a bit better gas mileage and don' need 400 ft. lbs of torque. Went Base, AMB with auto, and that's all folks.

Actually can't wait to tell people it's a 4 banger and watch their faces morph.

Personally, I figure the Auto should have been standard, and then charge for the 3rd party manual.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have 2.3l in my 2019 ranger with 10 speed auto and love the poer and fuel economy (longer range?)

Sponsored

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am opting for a manual because I am a manual snob. I never understood getting a sports car or toy with an automatic. My Toyota Camry would have a stick if it was available. Definitely waiting for MY22 for my woMansquatch.

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After answering please explain why. If undecided please let us know what you are debating between and why.

Thanks for playing!
2.3L w/ 7 speed.

Reason: I cannot picture the manual transmission sticking around in the industry for much longer. Hell, after 6 years with the Bronco I doubt you will be able to pick up a stick shift in the next gen Jeep or Bronco.

This might be the swan song of the new stick-shift SUV. I'm gonna have some fun before we're all driving automatics.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 Auto in a 4 door badlands. I live in the urban northeast and as much fun as manuals are they are soul crushing in traffic. Really don’t have a need for the added cost, weight, and decreased mileage of the 2.7

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
V6 because horsies go vroom vroom.

More power = more better.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.3 Auto in a 4 door badlands. I live in the urban northeast and as much fun as manuals are they are soul crushing in traffic.
Better to have a manual that is soul crushing in traffic than an automatic that is soul crushing always.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to have the manual so makes the choice easy. Would definitely get the 2.7 if it were an option with the manual.

My F150 is getting creepy and my Day 1 Res BRONCO is only a dream at this point, so I went to look at the FORD Ranger - the local dealer has no well equipped F150's in stock. Maybe it has more to do with driving the V8 F150 but I was underwhelmed with the 2.3 engine. What's interesting is that I drove a 2.3 manual 4Dr Bronco and the setup seemed fine. But on the 2021 Ranger it just did not seem like enough. Wasn't necessarily slow or underpowered but it didn't feel right in the Ranger. So if the MY22 offers a 2.7 M/T I'll switch but also happy to stay with my 2Dr 2.3 MT CY Bronco.

67comet

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apileofcode.com
Vehicle(s)
"05 Crown Vic LX, "73 F250, "67 Mercury Comet 202
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I might be missing something, but shouldn't there be a 7.3/7 Speed Manual option? I mean, torque is the 4x4's best friend.

My version of "This is how it should be" - my opinion is freely given, and no oil companies have talked me into suggesting gas guzzling monstrosity motors in this post:

2 door Base model (Refined Edition):
Standard 7.3/Manual Trans
$500 downgrade to 5.0/Manual Trans
$10k downgrade to automatic (Either motor) Free downgrade if you've got a signed doc note and handicap sign, or can prove you're a Soccer mom)

2 door Base model (Snowflake Edition):
2.7/Manual Trans (Must be current high school student to register)
$5K downgrade to 2.7/Automatic (Free if you've got a Doc note, and/or handicap sticker)
$2K downgrade 2.3/Manual Trans
2.3/Automatic (Must bring doctor's note that you truly lack coordination, can't reach the pedals, or have a fear of controlling your own destiny even at mind numbingly slow speeds)

There's NEVER too much power under the hood, EVER!

ritzy114

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7 for the power
Sponsored