Sponsored

POLL: what powertrain are you choosing at order time?

What powertrain are you choosing at order time?

• Total voters

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Somewhat related question but what's the expectation on the Warthog being manual? My plan was to get my mansquatch Badlands with my August reservation and possibly trade up for the warthog when it dropped. Seeing that the mansquatch has been delayed now maybe I'll go 2.7 auto and see what the warthog has when it comes.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on what I've read it will be a motor that lasts longer than the 4-cylinder.

The auto will give out before the manual (we hope) so it is a trade-off. Hopefully the trans lasts longer than the 4-cylinder engine.

Plus, moar power!

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somewhat related question but what's the expectation on the Warthog being manual? My plan was to get my mansquatch Badlands with my August reservation and possibly trade up for the warthog when it dropped. Seeing that the mansquatch has been delayed now maybe I'll go 2.7 auto and see what the warthog has when it comes.
It is supposed to be equivalent to the Raptor F-150. Does the Raptor come with a manual?

Same answer, I'd wager.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For my planned use on a BD, 2.3/7 spd is the best combination while also being the cheapest. Best crawl ratio for wheeling (minimum ever other weekend for me). The fact I can’t get anything over standard package is ridiculous, but whatever.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.3 auto. I have it now in my Ranger and it works great. Besides it's tuned (Livernois) and for $500 it has the same specs as the v6. For off roading this is more than enough and I never keep a vehicle longer than 3 years.
how do you like the tune? crazy increase? whats mpg?

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not on Base SAS. If it was I'd do it for $300.
Yes. Just 300 more. Build Base - choose auto only and go to the bottom and check. Go back up and add the 2.7 go down and check and its just 300 more. Go up and select Sasquatch and regardless what it says, go to the bottom and it added 4995 for the Sas. and 1895 for the drivetrain

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

as someone said only 300 bucks more then 2.3 auto so 2.7 is a bargain and V6 sounds better and less stress on the engine if your loaded with cargo

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the 2.3 and the manual transmission; however, it is a poorly executed 100K throw away motor. If it had direct and port injection I would happily order the 2.3, but it does not.
What are you basing the 2.3l being poorly executed and throw away? Other than carbon buildup, that is a characteristic of all DI engines, the 2.3 has a very good reputation for reliability I believe (other than when Ford put the wrong head gasket in the 300HP RS). Not saying you are wrong, just not my experience or what seems to be the general feedback from the market. I do have a good friend that drove his 2.3l Focus like he stole it for 150k so far and it still runs great. I don’t believe he has had any issues, just one person, but even that motor had a reputation for issues with that same head gasket.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. Just 300 more. Build Base - choose auto only and go to the bottom and check. Go back up and add the 2.7 go down and check and its just 300 more. Go up and select Sasquatch and regardless what it says, go to the bottom and it added 4995 for the Sas. and 1895 for the drivetrain
But if you add Sas only, the Auto is included in the $4995 with the 2.3, if you then add V-6 it goes up $1895

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What are you basing the 2.3l being poorly executed and throw away? Other than carbon buildup, that is a characteristic of all DI engines, the 2.3 has a very good reputation for reliability I believe (other than when Ford put the wrong head gasket in the 300HP RS). Not saying you are wrong, just not my experience or what seems to be the general feedback from the market. I do have a good friend that drove his 2.3l Focus like he stole it for 150k so far and it still runs great. I don’t believe he has had any issues, just one person, but even that motor had a reputation for issues with that same head gasket.
Yeah, yeah go to the net there are many reviews on the 2.3. It depends on whose DI engine some build more carbon then others. As for your friends Focus that is positive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build it with the 2.3 then go back and switch it to the 2.7 and it comes out $1895.

But if you add Sas only, the Auto is included in the $4995 with the 2.3, if you then add V-6 it goes up $1895
I think this is because it's the Base and they don't give you the discount like the upper models? I've built it every which way possible and it always ends up $1895 more.

With the 2.7

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro.....66C.55G.68B.RET.765.VMD2Z-78501A42-X2.99P.]

With the 2.3

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro....YZ...66C.55G.68B.RET.765.VMD2Z-78501A42-X2.]

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how do you like the tune? crazy increase? whats mpg?
I love the tune! My only regret was waiting a year to get it. ?
Mine is from Livernois and you will receive their MyCal tuner box. You upload your stock tune to them and they will send you every tune they have for your vehicle, my Ranger has 5. You use the ODB port to instal them and it only takes about 2-3 minutes to flash between tunes. When I bring it in to the dealer I just flash it back to stock but they can still tell you tuned it. I also flash it back to stock while off roading so it's not so aggressive.

The 91-93 performance tune is an additional 80 hp/100 torque. IF you drive it normal mine gets 2-3 mpg better than before tuning. Livernois developed the Ford tune it's just a little more aggressive. Another bonus is if you sell your vehicle you keep your MyCal tuner box and they will tune your next one for free. You only pay to ship it back. So basically free tunes for life for $500.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had a MT in about 14 years. Everytime I have the debate in my head about whether I want the MT vs AT I remember when it took me 5 hours to go about 70 miles. My left leg was so crampy, I was about in tears. Then again, I wonder if what would ever happen again.
That sounds pretty similar to the I-4/I-75 junction during rush hour with rain. I've always had jobs on my feet and I think that's been a benefit for driving a MT. I probably avereage ~11.5 out of 12hrs on my feet at work. It's good for me though, I get fidgety sitting too long ?
Sponsored