Sponsored

Poll - What will you do regarding the no X-plan news?

X-Plan isn’t available on the Bronco, what will you do?

• Total voters

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m interested to hear everyone’s thoughts to determine what I should do myself. I’ve got a late August reservation, so if I move up because a ton of people cancel, I would be happy. If I get my 21 in December for MSRP and a month later people are getting 22s with X-plan, I’d be pissed.
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and price, see what I want to afford and decide from there. Maybe trim down and dio up a bit, or just stay with trim I want and dio down a bit.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely wait and see. If that B&P date holds true, we don't have long to wait to see options and pricing. We have plenty of time to decide after that, and plenty of time to riot if we hate it.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take it like a bitch cuz I have no choice :confused:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You need an option for those that already have a discounted price without x-plan, such as Granger, Stevens, and Texas Group Buy....
That’s just "Shut up and take my money / No Change". I didn’t want to stratify the “No Change” option.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The x plan isn’t an issue for me since I get d-plan but the issue for me is how Ford has been handling the whole thing. I’m pretty quickly losing interest when they make some of these stupid decisions. Gotta see what these things are gonna cost but there’s a strong possibility I just order a new f150. I just really hope the bronco isn’t gonna end up like the explorer/aviator. We had recalls issued on them before they even showed up at the dealership

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just making @JAGSarge 's day, lol. More polls than November!

OP
OP

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

this is the first new vehicle i will buy. i was really counting on the xplan discount to allow me to get ALL the options i wanted without having to deal with a dealer markup, negotiating, or traveling. the texas buyers group and/or granger deal for october now may sway my dealer choice. i was dead set on the bronco, now... not so much. if i am able to get more bang for my buck through jeep for example, i may go that route. but, i will be waiting for the build and price to make the final decision, because honestly i would rather have a bronco than a jeep, but i also want to be able to get everything i want in my vehicle as opposed to having to settle and purchase things later or not at all.

Sponsored

Skifryan

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will wait to see how badly my dealership tries to screw me on price (can't change dealership in Canada). I'm willing to budge a bit on MSRP but if they add too much ADM I will cancel my reservation and likely not ever buy a Bronco (or any Ford). I doubt my dealership has many reservations, probably going to try squeezing whatever they can out of us.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me this is about the risk of being an early adopter of a new product. Reservation holders understand that we are accepting some risks that this new vehicle may have production problems, supply chain issues, manufacturing defects that will have to be addressed, etc. We are willing to accept those risks to be 1st to a product we really want and/or to support a new product's success and future development.

This decision by Ford transfers additional risk to reservation holders that shady dealerships will gouge us on price due to the extreme demand, or simply because they can. X-plan was a simple tool to mitigate that and frankly one that was fairly low cost to Ford and the dealerships. Everyone makes money, everyone gets a fair deal, product roll-out goes off with a bunch of smiles.

Of course, we can all still shop for better deals and fairer dealerships, but that's even more time and effort devoted to this purchase. And for what? A few extra points of return for corporate-owned dealerships? And only on the small percentage of buyers that will have X-Plan? Huh???

It may not matter to everyone, but it rubs me the wrong way and has made me very skeptical about this whole process and Ford.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll be interesting to see what people actually do here. I already switched once, so thankfully Ford at least did something right and gave us another switch. I will likely hold for now, but look to see if I can get a Stephens type deal with a dealer that I think will get more allocations, and is more likely to fill mine. If Stephens still offers the X-Plan pricing they advertised to those with X-Plan pins despite it not being offered by Ford, then I stay with them anyway and hope I get one of their allocations. I'm hoping this news of another switch available coupled with no X-Plan, opens the flood gates with bigger dealers to be more competitive with bigger offerings now to try to drive more reservations and orders.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never reserved, still waiting to test drive one before I do anything. Don't need a new vehicle now so I'm cool waiting. So I'm most likely in the 2022 model year camp, maybe things will be different by then. It is disheartening seeing how differently dealers are approaching this launch.
Sponsored