Sponsored

Poll who wants the new Ford Bronco Raptor?

New Ford Bronco Raptor do you want onešŸ˜Ž

• Total voters

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugly, expensive and too wide. Any of those make it a hard no for me
Sponsored

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope it goes completely BUST. Just on grounds of putting this out there NOW, when so many people havenā€™t even received theirs that theyā€™ve had on order since July 2020! Thatā€™s ridiculous and insulting. And it looks freaking goofy.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldnā€™t pay the premium for one over a Wildtrak and it just doesnā€™t seem as special as F150 Raptor. Sasquatch package shouldā€™ve just been ā€œRaptorā€ package imoā€¦

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It looks like it's squatting to take a dump. But, form follows function, so I assume it performs a lot better than it looks.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will stick with my Badlands SAS - if I ever get one..... I don't want to pay 70-80k and then take it off road and beat it up.... My Badlands SAS will do the tamer trails and my new Polaris Turbo R will take on the hard ones.... Two toys are better than one expensive one
Really good point and I can improve my base Bronco a lot AND still afford a side by side too. And tires and parts on the Polaris will be cheaper while having no hwy miles; so they should last longer too.

On another note: The yeses to the poll and the "thinking about it" equals over 15%, so if Ford's saying reservation holders first, even if only some where around 15% of the 150,000 maybe 160,000 plus still waiting (what was the total number before closing the res? Didn't it hit 190,000 and they were still taking res?), were to convert your looking at 22,000 to 24,000 Raptors before anyone else.

Will that happen? That's a lot of Raptors before the cash (ADM paying), collectors and speculators orders.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The majority of these will be brodozers that never leave the pavement....just like their F150 brethren. Those types love their big manly looking vehicles so i think this a homerun for that crowd.

The front end and flairs are fkn awful.....but GD am i jealous of the instrument cluster. I hope there will be a way to swap that into my 21.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree while it may be bad ass I prefer my bronco......also I am not a offroad racer so why? I would love though the V8 option in my bronco for no other reason than I like power.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Try finishing what you started.

-signed...No VIN Gang Member

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's my reasons I'll never buy one.

No 2dr available.
No manual trans.
Not real raptor suspension
No V-8 engine
Ugly add-on flairs
Poor ford customer ordering support
Lack of custom details available from Ford.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I agree, it really should be a 2-door. A 4-door overland vehicle would be sweet, but obviously Ford geared this to me more of a race truck and not an overloading rig.

I'm sure Ford has put a ton of money into market research, and it has shown most people who will buy this want a 4-door model. Probably also the same reason why you can't order the F-150 Raptor in any style other SuperCrew and also why the Jeep Wrangler 392 is only offered in 4-door.

Likely also why they don't offer this in a manual transmission (which is the real deal-breaker for me personally). The preferences of the masses don't match our preferences.
Yea, just like the F150 Raptor dropped the 2 door super cab in favor of the four doors only, specialty vehicles typically go this way. And no manual for Americans who don't buy enough of them.

Reality is you don't need high horsepower to go fast in the desert, you need strong drive line and suspension components. I'm betting a 2.3 manual will do 100 mph down a dirt road if your other parts can handle that; anything above that is faster than I would ever go. Shit hitting above hwy speeds takes some sort of skills especially if the road is washboard or even slightly rutted.

What can I do to a base manual with $10k to $15K? Which still leaves money left over for another toy... or motorcycle or...

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my reasons I'll never buy one.

No 2dr available.
No manual trans.
Not real raptor suspension
No V-8 engine
Ugly add-on flairs
Poor ford customer ordering support
Lack of custom details available from Ford.
all that I could diy if the budget wasnā€™t an issue xD

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Whats really stupid is it only has 13ā€ of front travel while the real raptor gets 15ā€ up front...how dumb.

Ford don't think some of us are good enough drivers to handle 400hp and long travel and short wheelbase in the same package. Totally STUPID. They can go pussyfy their ā€stableā€ platform some more and stick the ugly fenders where the sun don't shine.

I'll stick with 37s (for now) that fit perfectly on my FE 2door and do a long travel myself. Bump the power with better tunes and upgraded turbos. And mabey some funhaver fenders and a good hidden winch. Perfect setup for me. I already waited long enough for a bronco, no way I would wait for one of these.
Sponsored