Sponsored

Poll who wants the new Ford Bronco Raptor?

New Ford Bronco Raptor do you want one😎

• Total voters

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The looks can be modified. For me no Manual no Go 😒
Yup, if no third pedal on the floor, it is a hard pass for me.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could Ford think this thing looks good?
1643024958720.jpeg

I think you inadvertently nailed it with the 'this thing' comment....

Ford Bronco Poll who wants the new Ford Bronco Raptor? vwthin

1973 VW Thing, image shamelessly stolen from the internet...

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Idk how "normal" people (making less than 3x the median wage) can buy a 70-100k vehicle. Plus gas, insurance, mods.

I just don't get who this is for. :/

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should read "you're a fool." Please fix this.

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it, but not enough to change my order: very cool that they are offering it up to existing order holders though.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I voted too damn expensive. Although if it were the same price as my 40K Basesquatch 2 door I still probably would not be interested. I prefer the 2 door.

I might be interested in a 2 door Raptor with the 3.5 engine if I could get it for 45K. Anything more than that I'll stick with my Basesquatch.

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well for me it is 'i'm thinking about it'....I don't like the grill, the fox suspension will be a long term reliability concern (my current truck is 20 years old), worse fuel economy, more expensive upkeep with the 37" tires. The only hill it will ever see is a boat ramp since I live on the coast.

But....I have to have the increased towing otherwise I was waiting on the '23 4Runner or a Defender. I was waiting on the '23 Bronco hoping for increased towing and this is potentially a good sign. I'm hoping they can apply the increased bracing to get the base Bronco's towing up to 5k.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

[QUOTE="Saw4Fire, post: 1149265, member
The original F-150 Raptor SuperCab was ideal (as soon as they put the 6.2L V8 in it). Each iteration of the F-150 Raptor got heavier, fancier and they dropped the SuperCab, making it longer. I was drooling over the original Raptor. The current F-150 Raptor does not appeal to me.

I'm not interested in the Bronco Raptor. It looks like they won't be available in 2-door, and again, they loaded it with luxury options and weight.

I have a 2-door Badlands on order with a 2.3L I-4 and 7-speed manual. No fancy option packages. It will be my sixth Bronco. The previous five all had manual transmissions (the 5.0L/5-speed was the best). I live at 8300' ASL on a Colorado foothill, with a 0.7-mile dirt driveway that connects to a dirt county road. The basic Badlands will be perfect for me.
[/QUOTE]
Lightweight truly makes any car/truck more fun. I'll look into that original Raptor. Sounds like a collector's item down the road.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well for me it is 'i'm thinking about it'....I don't like the grill, the fox suspension will be a long term reliability concern (my current truck is 20 years old), worse fuel economy, more expensive upkeep with the 37" tires. The only hill it will ever see is a boat ramp since I live on the coast.

But....I have to have the increased towing otherwise I was waiting on the '23 4Runner or a Defender. I was waiting on the '23 Bronco hoping for increased towing and this is potentially a good sign. I'm hoping they can apply the increased bracing to get the base Bronco's towing up to 5k.
I think there will be an upgraded hitch available from somewhere. The frame can handle 7500lbs in the Ranger.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on how long I have (and still) been waiting on my (21) now 22 Bronco....Doubt I would live long enough to see a Raptor.....

Sgilson

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Gx 460
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I am correct, the price isn't as harsh as I would think... My Badlands build with 2.7, Lux, sas, tube doors, soft-top, is hovering around $60K. For $10K more, I would get 37" tires, hard top, lose lux but get high package standard, 3.0 engine, tow package w/ increase 1000 lbs., etc. It is something to consider for $10k more in my opinion (with my build). I just hope I do not get screwed by missing a scheduling email because I clicked "interested"..... Anyone know how tall it is to see if it would even fit in garage?

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I go back and forth whether I like it or not. if I ran dunes and stuff it would be badass. there's a lot to like about the base raptor if it fits your needs and the base MSRP seems to be quite a bargain. to bad nobody will be able to buy a base model at msrp. would I get one?? probably not tho.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am truly GLAD😁 I am not overly excited on the Raptor. My challenge in life is I just get comfortable and really love my latest greatest vehicle to only see another latest greatest vehicle😳. Ford just did me a hug favor by reinforcing I made the CORRECT decision on purchasing the Wildtrak Package. My Bronco is so BAD ASS just as it is and I am overly HAPPY with her and not interested in the new RAPTOR. And I will be amazed if any dealers sell these at MSRP. I would only Imagine most dealers will abuse the heck out of this just like the new F150 Raptor 37 Package. I want one of those eventually and even to a point love my Ford F150 Tremor so much not sure I will ever pull the trigger for the 37. But and huge Butt the dealers are boarding those 37 packages and good luck getting one at MSRP. The whole point is I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with my Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak and have no desire to sell her for the Raptor.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Its sounding like the allocation for the Raptor is going to be very tight and limited. And the Dealers do not even know at this time who gets them being Ford is possibly doing a Lotto style order reservations. A lot of unknown at this time so do not expect any dealer to be able to honestly tell you what they have for you right now.
Sponsored