Sponsored

Poll: Would you change your 2DR order to soft top?

Would you change your 2DR from hardtop to soft top?

• Total voters

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fastback is a no.
Non-folding softtop is a no.
Waiting until 2023 to purchase a MIC? Yeah, no.

Clearly things are bad, I’d rather just chill and see how things work out. I get frustrated from time to time like all of us, but cooler logic always prevails.

If we had solid info maybe I’d drop the tow package but I’m not changing my build in any significant way outside of color if pushed to MY22.
Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am curious how many people that haven’t received a build date yet for their 2DR would do this? I am on the fence but I think I would option for the soft top then buy a painted top in 2 years when I can.
I would opt for no top at all and ship top when they get it. I'll drive commando for a while.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford made a soft top that folded all the way back like on the 4dr and included the prep kit (and also assuming there was a price reduction from standard hard top price), I’d go for that immediately. Basically if 2dr had the same option as 4dr I’d take it.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the best top does not fold all the way down, but if i was guaranteed a vin and build date on the next round of scheduling you bet your sweet ass I would take it! It something I could easily address in the future.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First mistake was living in Brookhaven. :LOL: J/k Although, nothing is truly safe there with Atlanta within spitting distance. I hope your Bronco doesn’t have to do street parking. The good news is that to most people, the Bronco is probably just a Ford Wrangler. They might not even notice it, especially from the back.
Nah, it'll have a nice place in one of my garage stalls and I have higher openings, but going out is the concern. I also don't valet, ever. Still, I know this is just a Ford and easy to steal.

Thieves in Atlanta are pretty smart and they're everywhere, they'll know the Bronco is at a premium and they will catch some of these guys on here underestimating things thinking the suburbs will keep them safe.

My neighbors rarely lock their car doors even when parked outside, which is crazy.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would if it had the hard top prep. I think they should all have the prep regardless. I like the fast back on the 2-door, but I would need a hard top for winters. So yes, I'd take a soft top, under those conditions if it meant I'd get it this year.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If given the same set of conditions as offered for the 4dr then yes but I guess I’ll be waiting for 23 man that hurts just saying it

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope.

We actually have winters here.
No guarantee of when the MIC is available for accessory purchase.
No cost established.
Wouldn't use the soft much once I get the MIC.
I value security and using the phone sometimes.

Imagine you get the soft (if it was available) and the delay until this time next year or later. There's zero aftermarket, what happens if your one and only soft gets damaged? I mean anything can happen but a MIC is at least reasonably durable.

Would only switch to soft if that was something I was considering from the beginning (i.e. you live in dry climate, have garage, and maybe not your primary vehicle).

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was disappointed that Ford did not offer the soft top option for the two door in the first place. I love soft tops and would prefer one over the hard top any day! My Jeep Wrangler had a soft top and it was great! It gave my Jeep a classic look, had very little wind noise, was fairly easy to take off, and was not cold in the winter. I plan on getting a soft top for my Bronco as soon as I can. The hard top will go into storeage.
Sponsored