Sponsored

POLL: Would you want Blue Cruise on Bronco?

Would you want Blue Cruise on Bronco?

• Total voters

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realistically, it’s only some sensors and software. Everything has electric power steering now, so you’re going to have the same steering setup either way. Having driven Teslas with autopilot for the last 7 years, I can say that 1) we are indeed still a ways off from legitimate self-driving cars; and 2) if you treat these systems like a really good cruise control, they are awesome. I would never advocate that anyone just check out while driving a car. But when you’re tooling down the highway, just not having to actively make those minor little steering inputs (but still keeping hands on the wheel) does take stress out of a long drive. It also makes it much easier to do little 2 second things like open a drink or change a playlist. That said, I still have a Tesla for road trips. I’m not going luxe to get adaptive cruise. The way Ford values “luxury” options, you’ll have to get a gold plated interior to get self-driving features on a Bronco.
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take ACC out of High and make a Safety (or something) package with BlueCruise. I'd take that option.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will it work on the Rubicon?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We take a few decent road trips with the kids each year, 6-10 hours one way. We typically load up our food and stop only for a bathroom break and/or gas. By the time we get to our destination my body and brain are dead. If something like this was available on the Bronco, I would 100% get it for that reason alone. The second would be sitting in the horrendous DC and beach traffic. I'm not trying to read a book while I'm driving but this seems like it would significantly reduce driver fatigue.

And if I can get it to slow down for those Waze police traps, even better!

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't mind the option, bring it on. For those saying that there are terrible drivers out there, yeah, that is kind of the point. For those saying that this is not the platform for it, so what is, other passenger vehicles but not this one? For those saying, but I love to drive my vehicle, well okay, drive it, but why not have the option? Just another thing to break? Not much more than is ALREADY on this platform, multiple cameras and sensors, etc, this isnt the straw on the proverbial back I assure you.

We are not going to get to the point of true self driving if we don't push manufacturers to develop this technology further. It can and will be done, and it won't take some "cars on rails" requirement. It is already at the stage where it can benefit over the percentages current drivers already fail.

Will they ever crash, very likely yes, but that already happens today with human drivers. In my opinion, in the very near future this technology will be better than the average driver capability to avoid an impact. It is good to see the top OEM's diving into this to move it along.

This all coming from a long time multigenerational petrol-head. Sure, I like the driving experience, but there are a lot of times where this isnt about some experience, it is about getting from point A to B or long haul journeys with nothing but rolling grass and trees in-between. Nothing wrong with the option. Hopefully in the not to distant future this is a thing.

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Florida (The pines part, not the palms part)
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m philosophically opposed to any of these active (intrusive) driver aids. North America has terribly poor driver training and the focus should be on improving that. My opinion: if you can’t focus and operate your vehicle properly (check your blind spots, stay in your lane, focus on the road, etc.), you shouldn’t be driving.
On the one hand, I am a person who actually enjoys driving and I completely agree - people are crap drivers and I'd rather they get better instead of me have to constantly turn off the lane-drift corrector thing that fights me when I try to exit the interstate. On the other hand, as a motorcyclist... self-driving cars can't come fast enough to take these horrible drivers out of the equation.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in LA so I am sooo down for this. Id pay extra too if that was an option

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I have been spoiled with my 17 Raptor in terms of ACC . . . that's about as far as I want to go - I still want to do a little DRIVING!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd gladly take it as long as if and when it fails my Bronco is still 100% useable without a big red alert light on the dash and I can choose when and if I desire to use it.

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too. I do have to commute 60km one way some days but it doesn’t bother me. And in the nearly 4 years of owning my F150 I’ve probably only used cruise control 4 times.
So I guess you weren't swayed to the High package for the adaptive cruise ;)

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I guess you weren't swayed to the High package for the adaptive cruise ;)
WOW!! you had me in a panic. I quickly checked. I ordered the high package instead of the lux because high does not have adaptive cruise. I am not a fan of the technology.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW!! you had me in a panic. I quickly checked. I ordered the high package instead of the lux because high does not have adaptive cruise. I am not a fan of the technology.
Wait, I think I have that wrong, it is the lux that has adaptive cruise... sorry for the panic.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thanks! Just what we need, more drivers on our highways not paying any attention to what is going on. Too much reliance on tech, especially in the early stages we are presently in, is just an accident waiting to happen.

Besides, I don't think it would work too well wheel'in in the Badlands...
Sponsored