Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello everyone. Long time lurker first time post. So watching all the back and forth disappointment about the modular top vs. the mic top has me thinking about my build. I reserved on the second day it opened up and went after a 2 door big bend bend because I wanted the pop out windows of the modular. Since that is not happening any time soon, I am now going base with the mic. Extra money now goes to the 2.7. So, the question to those in the know is... any vendors planning a pop out window kit for the 2 door? Any Ford insiders know of the possibility of it happening for the mic now that the modular is delayed? How hard do you think it would be to retrofit the pop out window brackets for a mic? Bottom line for me is I just want to take off the doors and pop out the rear windows for the open air flow. Ideally someone would make a kit for that back window to pop in and out too. Ford people listening?
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of our guys from the plant looked into the MIC. He at first thought it was a few bolts, but after closer inspection not only bolts but also glued in. So I'd say wouldn't take much. Something to break the glue down. Clean my them up then find a gasket type product or some kind of seal so when installed back in no leaks.

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone. Long time lurker first time post. So watching all the back and forth disappointment about the modular top vs. the mic top has me thinking about my build. I reserved on the second day it opened up and went after a 2 door big bend bend because I wanted the pop out windows of the modular. Since that is not happening any time soon, I am now going base with the mic. Extra money now goes to the 2.7. So, the question to those in the know is... any vendors planning a pop out window kit for the 2 door? Any Ford insiders know of the possibility of it happening for the mic now that the modular is delayed? How hard do you think it would be to retrofit the pop out window brackets for a mic? Bottom line for me is I just want to take off the doors and pop out the rear windows for the open air flow. Ideally someone would make a kit for that back window to pop in and out too. Ford people listening?
https://www.retrofitoffroad.com/product-category/jeep-wrangler-jk-factory-hardtop-slider-window-kit/

I came across these when I was searching for the same answer. I hope that someone will make a similar thing for the bronco once they get their hands on them.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

https://www.retrofitoffroad.com/product-category/jeep-wrangler-jk-factory-hardtop-slider-window-kit/

I came across these when I was searching for the same answer. I hope that someone will make a similar thing for the bronco once they get their hands on them.
This should have been what they offered all along and what I prefer over a pop out. I just swapped out my Rangers' rear window for a slider and it was bolted in with a sticky black adhesive and was easy enough to do and took longer to clean up than to do the swap.

Sponsored
OP
OP

VelocityGator

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oooh I like that slider idea! Maybe one for the center of the rear window too (like a pickup) would be a perfect idea. I’d probably never bother to take off the rear cab then unless there was prolonged good weather. Hurry up aftermarket (or Ford) and take my money.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sliders are already available for all other bronco tops, no reason they wouldn't be an option on the new Bronco
Sponsored