First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those of you that raise and lower tire pressure frequently - what are your favorite portable air pumps? If I ever get my Bronco, I recognize that a pump may be needed for safety reasons - especially in loose sand. I would appreciate your comments and experience. Also - in typical loose beach sand, what is your recommended tire pressure - for front and rear, if different.
Sponsored

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have one from harbor freight that works Pretty well. It was like 50 or 60 bucks. I don’t have my bronco yet but 25lbs helps a lot with my Jeep without going super low pressure. Fairly deep NC sand

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1830-fpac-ford-ford-performance-arb-portable-air-compressor.html

This is what you want to go with, if not the bigger cousin that is a twin pump unit.

If you plan on inflating/deflating more than once a lifetime, invest in a good compressor. Life is too short to wait on cheap units. The time differences can be drastic. The pump linked above will fill a 35" tire from ~25 PSI to 45 PSI in about 3 minutes a tire in real world use. Still going to take you 20 minutes to fill up and get on the road once you finish playing.. A cheaper unit could easily see times of over 6 minutes per tire (my $100 CAT compressor was about 6:15). Maybe there are some hidden gems out there that are both affordable and quick, but I wasn't able to find em.

Likewise, pick yourself up an EZ Deflator or similar device for deflating. Pulling the stem is quick and painless compared to standing there with a stick for 3-4 minutes per tire.

https://www.amazon.com/ARB-ARB505-E-Z-Deflator-Orange/dp/B004LQCDOA

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be referring back to this thread if ever I choose to get onboard sir thank you. And if I do, I’ll be putting a sticker on it that says STAY PUMPED

Reactions: Dom

Sponsored
OP
OP

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-1830-fpac-ford-ford-performance-arb-portable-air-compressor.html

This is what you want to go with, if not the bigger cousin that is a twin pump unit.

If you plan on inflating/deflating more than once a lifetime, invest in a good compressor. Life is too short to wait on cheap units. The time differences can be drastic. The pump linked above will fill a 35" tire from ~25 PSI to 45 PSI in about 3 minutes a tire in real world use. Still going to take you 20 minutes to fill up and get on the road once you finish playing.. A cheaper unit could easily see times of over 6 minutes per tire (my $100 CAT compressor was about 6:15). Maybe there are some hidden gems out there that are both affordable and quick, but I wasn't able to find em.

Likewise, pick yourself up an EZ Deflator or similar device for deflating. Pulling the stem is quick and painless compared to standing there with a stick for 3-4 minutes per tire.

https://www.amazon.com/ARB-ARB505-E-Z-Deflator-Orange/dp/B004LQCDOA
Thank you. Those are good recs.