First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone found a portable hoist that will work with the Bronco hardtop? There are some cool one's out there that look easy and are on casters so you can move them around. I'd like to be able to wheel it into my driveway and take the top off in a bigger open area. And preferably leave it on the stand while i tool around in the open air.

But the problem appears to be the rear roll bar - the back cross bar. The way these portable units work it would seam one you lifted the top it, the lift unit would simply be blocked by the rear cross bar, leaving the top lifted but no way to roll out and clear the vehicle.

Any suggestions?? Thx
Sponsored

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This made me actually LOL.

Haven't seen any portable hoists yet but I guess I haven't really been looking. I'm going to try to rig up a DIY for inside my garage so I can hang the roof up out of the way / off the floor.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone found a portable hoist that will work with the Bronco hardtop? There are some cool one's out there that look easy and are on casters so you can move them around. I'd like to be able to wheel it into my driveway and take the top off in a bigger open area. And preferably leave it on the stand while i tool around in the open air.

But the problem appears to be the rear roll bar - the back cross bar. The way these portable units work it would seam one you lifted the top it, the lift unit would simply be blocked by the rear cross bar, leaving the top lifted but no way to roll out and clear the vehicle.

Any suggestions?? Thx
Check out this Lange Hoist-A-Cart I found months ago.
Ford Bronco Portable Hard Top Hoist ? Lange-Hoist-A-Cart-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-JL-014-GEN2-Main-Studio

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-originals/hoist-cart-gen-2-wrangler-jl-jk-014-GEN2

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This made me actually LOL.

Haven't seen any portable hoists yet but I guess I haven't really been looking. I'm going to try to rig up a DIY for inside my garage so I can hang the roof up out of the way / off the floor.
I am thinking something similar to this., but let me know what you guys think. I wanted to get the modular top, where I can remove the windows and hook into the rear clamshell there, but it might be a while before I can buy the top again. Sounds like most people try to open the rear window and hook into those supports

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a roll around cherry picker/engine hoist from Harborious Freight/Northurn Tool/etc, and fabricate a jig to grab the top.
Or jest wrap some chains around it...
Ford Bronco Portable Hard Top Hoist ? hoist

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am thinking something similar to this., but let me know what you guys think. I wanted to get the modular top, where I can remove the windows and hook into the rear clamshell there, but it might be a while before I can buy the top again. Sounds like most people try to open the rear window and hook into those supports

Yeah that is a great option. I don't think I'll opt for a winch/powered lift though, at least not in the beginning. Power makes sense and it probably does a better job of preventing drops. I don't expect the top, and yeah I'm hoping for the modular as well, to be heavy enough to require a winch. Hopefully a couple of pulleys and I can just hand crank it up pretty easy. I guess I can always add power later if I need it. Good news is that Ford is giving me a lot of time to think about it! :rolleyes:

Orjeepguy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need to find another hoist, and find an empty spot on the ceiling to mount it.
Ford Bronco Portable Hard Top Hoist ? 20210404_153637
Ford Bronco Portable Hard Top Hoist ? 20210404_153653

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
this looks pretty cool. im wondering what it attaches to underneath the inside of the cap.
could probably use a rigid U hook to just capture, but it appears this one uses fabric and a fastener.
Personally, I dont really need it to move around, so Ill just attach it to the ceiling. hoist it straight up and let it stay there. have to see if the dimensions work... need enough ceiling height to clear the car.

Ford Bronco Portable Hard Top Hoist ? 1634842046925

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to find another hoist, and find an empty spot on the ceiling to mount it.
This is exactly what I bought for my wrangler, I'll manufacture my own clamping points if needed for the bronco.

shua7

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport-Trac, 2021 OBX Lux MIC 2.0
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may build this this weekend. 73 degrees in NJ on Sunday!

Sponsored