First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
43" tires on portals with dumbass behind the wheel, not surprising at all to me...the leverage those tires and portals add want to twist the A-Arms apart...Even if knucklehead made a billet knuckle then he would just destroy the UCA and the UCAs mounts. the OEM UCA is very flexible and it will be the next in line to fail.
Maybe he'll find a way to forge the entire front end from Beskar, Vibranium, or Adamantium? Then, no more failures.
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe he'll find a way to forge the entire front end from Beskar, Vibranium, or Adamantium? Then, no more failures.
I’ve always made as much as I can from
Billet Unobtanium

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

43" tires on portals with dumbass behind the wheel, not surprising at all to me...the leverage those tires and portals add want to twist the A-Arms apart...Even if knucklehead made a billet knuckle then he would just destroy the UCA and the UCAs mounts. the OEM UCA is very flexible and it will be the next in line to fail.

I have seen one company address the mount.

https://solomotorsports.com/shop/parts/ford-parts/suspension/2021-ford-bronco-uca-double-shear-kit/

Ford Bronco Portals - which is best? 1709429216333

Ford Bronco Portals - which is best? 1709429240461

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be fair, the lower shock pin failed causing the above on BB

I saw on IG where someone was defending BB and saying that the coil over failed which stressed the knuckle with all the unsprung weight making it fail. I'm with @Bmadda and @mpeugeot , I don't believe it. If that coilover broke with a billet knuckle I seriously doubt the knuckle would fail, might bend it a bit, but not break it. The only time I have heard of it was when Quinn was talking about a Trophy Truck had a mishap and tore the lower mount on a race portal box. Quinn repaired it and it has run 2 seasons since and still going.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a badlands Sasquatch. No current lifts. Still running stock.

i am wanting to go with some portals.

i see two companies, there maybe more that I am missing. However one is $16,000 and the other is $25,000. That’s not a small difference but a difference of $9,000

hat would I be getting for $9,000 more then I’m not getting with the 16,000.

I will be upgrading my tires to 37” when I get the portals done.

which is best? Is there another portal I’m missing?

https://werewolftech.com/en/catalog/portal-axles/portal-gearboxes-for-ford-bronco-2021

https://motorsports.74weld.com/product/4-gear-bronco-portal/

https://broncbustertx.com/products/portals

I believe there are cheaper set-ups out there!
Ford Bronco Portals - which is best? portals

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't Quinn also mention someone hitting a stump at 40 causing a complete stop. Absolutely nothing bent or broke? That's bomb proof.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m working on making my own portals. I found someone with the same idea on Instagram. 😆😆😆

Just keeping the conversation light.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This just in. Happened today in Moab. My understanding is 74w has their own billet knuckle. BB bolts to stock knuckle. This is my answer to the OP.
IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg
Just waiting for his next video where he blames this on anything other than his product and deflects from any legitimate questions. “Let me tell you why this will happen even faster if you have straight cut gears. You see, they make noise…”

Last edited:

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Werewolf I believe are rare due to the Ukraine war.

Tibus (BB) have been around a while in Europe, if I understand that correctly. They offer a larger lift (5") but are wider and need a larger positive offset wheel. So they come with rims that are +65mm. These use a three-gear helical gearset, so the poke is greater. There's a thread from a Bronco owner down in Houston that got a set about 6-8 months ago, you might look for it.

74Weld are a smaller lift (3.88", or closer to 3.5" given IFS according to Quinn). These are newer to the recreational market, although 75W is famous (infamous?) in off road racing for their supposedly uncompetitive advantage (I believe they are $35k but not everyone wants to/can buy them, hence infamous because you win races with them). These use a straight cut gearset with four gears that is identical in all their recreational portal platforms (Jeep, Tacoma, Bronco[, Chevy Colarado and Ford Ranger soon??]). Note that both Tibus and 74W utilize a 1.22 regear ratio.

The 74W Jeep rec version has been out a couple years by now I think? The Bronco versions were just released at the end of the year. See this thread for everything you want to know:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/74weld-bronco-portals-now-available.78575/

I see BB has marked the Tibus up a lot. I thought they were selling for under $10k not that long ago (around the time he started making videos, not quite a year ago), but I may be mistaken.

Personally, I would only go 74W. Great company, great products, probably indestructible housings and riser (6061/7075 aluminum), Quinn's been around serious off road for two decades and the racing scene for 15+ years, and been producing custom aerospace parts for about 15 years (where he gets the equipment/know how to make his parts). They're also cheaper, as it were...

Full disclosure: I have the 74W billet rack. Great buying experience. Very nice, durable stuff, even for the money they charge.

74W has been at pains to show their portals on stock Broncos, so if you see the white 2dr Bronco (a WT) on Youtube, that's a "bone stock" with Method Bead Grips and 38's.

Another benefit to 74Weld is his latest bearing packs are essentially one-ton strength. So not only do you not need to worry about axial/thrust loading working your bearings from the side, they can withstand higher forces and have a significantly longer servicing schedule. The claims of the helical gear being stronger due to the “effective” width increase are a complete fabrication of reality. Even disregarding that there are two gears with 74Weld rather than one, the way a helical gear engages compared to straight cut is inherently weaker at the same dimensions, hence the use of straight cut gears for transmissions in high horsepower applications.