Sponsored

Portland Area Dealer Discussions

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh and to be clear, I initiated the call when I saw CSX's update, Nick didn't call me. Didn't want to get anyone's expectations up.
Those of you that are picking up at Damerow soon, please report back if they forced you into vin etching. Chase said it was required on all purchases and Im interested to learn if they really charge it to everyone.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of you that are picking up at Damerow soon, please report back if they forced you into vin etching. Chase said it was required on all purchases and Im interested to learn if they really charge it to everyone.
I've heard they try to force a bunch more on you, I'm probably going to have to use the VIN etching as a compromise in negotiating since it's the least expensive.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard they try to force a bunch more on you, I'm probably going to have to use the VIN etching as a compromise in negotiating since it's the least expensive.
We should all report back whatever they attempt to do. Better we all go in knowing what may be coming.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order isn't at Damerow, but that bums me out. Leaving customers with a bad taste in their mouths during an otherwise smooth buying experience doesn't seem worth the profit of that BS to me.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damerow now has 30 vehicles sitting at the rail yard with 5 of them being Broncos. One of them is mine so time to email Nick again...

Sponsored

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order isn't at Damerow, but that bums me out. Leaving customers with a bad taste in their mouths during an otherwise smooth buying experience doesn't seem worth the profit of that BS to me.
I bought from them and I am happy. Will the nickel and diming be a meaningful in the scope of things (the tough market)? See the Forest. Play nice.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damerow now has 30 vehicles sitting at the rail yard with 5 of them being Broncos. One of them is mine so time to email Nick again...
My delivery date on UR updated to 1/28, used to be blank.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good luck getting them out of the rail yard, mine sat for almost 2 weeks. My dealer eventually sent their people to retrieve all their cars after going back and forth with the yard, or so I was told.
That's frustrating knowing the yard is 8 miles away and finally the dealer has an opportunity to make something happen for the customer but no sense of urgency.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's frustrating knowing the yard is 8 miles away and finally the dealer has an opportunity to make something happen for the customer but no sense of urgency.
After a year will a few days make a difference?

In the old days (like a couple years ago) you wouldn't have any visibility at all as to where you order was. You may not know where an order was until it showed up on the truck at the dealer. And we survived just fine.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea it sat at the rail yard for longer than it was in transit. Rail yard said they had no drivers, so my dealer begged them for multiple days to send their own people to get all their cars. Rail yard kept saying no, but eventually they relented... this is what I was told, I have no idea the validity of any of it.
These days nothing surprises me. Sounds completely plausible.

Sponsored

UhOh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news is the rig is awesome. Worth the wait, I absolutely love it. You guys are gonna love it. My only meh so far is the MIC roof took a little work to get rid of some squeaking and popping but not a huge deal. Can't wait to see more on the road round here!

Last edited:

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have my reservation and signed pricing agreement with Canby Ford. They gave it to me without me asking. They said no ADM on reservation broncos, the raptor may be an exception but that was middle of last summer when I asked. The sales guy I talk to gives off the vibe that he's not keeping up with what's goin on with the bronco build process and the issues that are going on. I feel like I'm teaching him stuff about it, but he's knowledgeable about the bronco itself.. The GM is really good, I pinged his brain for a good 20 min with how ordering works last year. Had non hesitant answers for everything that he knew, and a solid "I'm not sure" about that for things he didn't. Didn't get any sense of BS from him.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought from them and I am happy. Will the nickel and diming be a meaningful in the scope of things (the tough market)? See the Forest. Play nice.
While it is an overall small amount on a more than $50k vehicle the fact is they choose to not answer questions honestly for more than a year. It has been a tough market for many people and business, I don't buy that red herring excuse for $10k plus markups, dealer prep packages that have a 300-400% markup.

How many of these dealers claiming to be hurting took Covid relief packages? I know for a fact all 3 of the major dealership in my area did.

As for play nice. That has to go both ways. Not answering email, ignoring texts, basically blowing the customer off is not playing nice. I just want a final price and date to pickup so I can had them a check and leave. They lost the option of financing or selling a couple of accessories I planned on ordering.

Photorunner

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation and signed pricing agreement with Canby Ford. They gave it to me without me asking. They said no ADM on reservation broncos, the raptor may be an exception but that was middle of last summer when I asked. The sales guy I talk to gives off the vibe that he's not keeping up with what's goin on with the bronco build process and the issues that are going on. I feel like I'm teaching him stuff about it, but he's knowledgeable about the bronco itself.. The GM is really good, I pinged his brain for a good 20 min with how ordering works last year. Had non hesitant answers for everything that he knew, and a solid "I'm not sure" about that for things he didn't. Didn't get any sense of BS from him.
Who is your sales guy?