First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today was the show and tell for the Bronco in Portland, Oregon. There was an Outer Banks in black with an automatic, and a Black Diamond in Cactus Gray with the 7-speed stick. Neither vehicle had the Sasquatch package (nice to see), both were four door and had the soft top. The Outer Banks had the Lux package with the big screen, B&O speakers, and Roast leather interior. It was all very nice. The Black Diamond was fairly stock and had the tow package. Black Diamond is what I was hoping to see.

The other person looking at the vehicles same time as me was also interested in the Black Diamond (BD). We were in luck. Right off we noticed the stock 32" tires are actually huge! When we both were taking pictures, we remarked that the tires looked so small on the phone compared to the vehicle in person. Something we've both noticed online when looking at BD pictures. The tires/wheels are nice and big, they look great on the vehicle and not tiny at all. Optical delusions. I'm gonna be happy with the tires.

Those vinyl seats. Very comfortable. They have a smooth, buff texture and aren't the sticky vinyl texture of boat seats. They have a nice feel and will be great for sliding your butt across. Flip side is I think they could be a heavier grade of vinyl. I'm really not so sure they'll be that durable. I will enjoy being able to clean them with ease.

Bits and pieces I've been wondering about along with some of you, so I grabbed a picture:

The tow hitch and connectors

How the windows make contact with the rubber. They automatically drop down just a bit when the door opens, and return when it closes. Notice the window glass does not run the length/width of the passenger door.

You can see right to the road through that drain plug. Who will be the first to pee out of it? Somebody will.

Little bump on the dash where the USB port is on some packages. I wonder?

Looks like a 1/4" connector for the accessory rail. Could probably put a camera goose-neck right in it, but I'll get the rail.

The center console that will collect lots of dust and crud. 12v port in a really cheap feeling plastic center console box. There's a cut out pass through for a cord. We now know what comes out of the cup holder. I hope somebody makes something better.

Is your knee married to the center console? Mine isn't, but the side of my leg is. I can probably deal with this, but it's actually painful on a Jeep Patriot after an hour (it hits the knee in exactly the worst spot).

The driver's door is surprisingly close to your arm. I'll have to figure out where is comfortable for my arm. It didn't gouge, but I also don't recall any padding.

The 7-speed has a nice throw and a wonderfully mechanical feel and sound to it. It feels smooth and solid. A pleasure.

The useless on-body rock rails can go. Who would do such a thing? Mount them to the frame. I'm pulling them and putting on some side steps. Side steps have saved my Wrangler from every imaginable side ding, scrape, and bash.

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_220844333_iOS

Those tires/wheels look so tiny compared to the rest of the body. I don't know why that is in pictures. In person they're perfectly proportional to the vehicle and look great! I tried different angles. The spare looks huge. The rest, not so much. They really do look awesome.

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_223102189_iOS.JPEG

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_224520667_iOS.JPEG

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_224531574_iOS.JPEG

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_224631501_iOS.JPEG

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221543016_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221556862_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221607623_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221656140_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221702060_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221724645_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221729891_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221747949_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221807777_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221824672_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221832443_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221837888_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221950886_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_221954186_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_222932701_iOS

Ford Bronco Portland, Oregon Bronco Event (OB & BD) 20210426_222936720_iOS.JPEG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Misterbear

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP
Misterbear

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You were there just after I was.
I had to take a later slot which is perfectly fine. I was getting my 2nd vaccine shot at Convention Center. It wasn't that busy when I arrived. Lots of Wranglers in the parking lot. Much busier when I left. Even the Bronco Sports were nice. If I needed two vehicles, I'd certainly consider getting one of those also.

tb8983

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well guess I'm not gonna skip out on work. Way to F%$k this up Ford by not bringing a 2 door or a sasquatch package to the PNW. Have no interest in the 4 doors.
Today was the show and tell for the Bronco in Portland, Oregon. There was an Outer Banks in black with an automatic, and a Black Diamond in Cactus Gray with the 7-speed stick. Neither vehicle had the Sasquatch package (nice to see), both were four door and had the soft top. The Outer Banks had the Lux package with the big screen, B&O speakers, and Roast leather interior. It was all very nice. The Black Diamond was fairly stock and had the tow package. Black Diamond is what I was hoping to see.

The other person looking at the vehicles same time as me was also interested in the Black Diamond (BD). We were in luck. Right off we noticed the stock 32" tires are actually huge! When we both were taking pictures, we remarked that the tires looked so small on the phone compared to the vehicle in person. Something we've both noticed online when looking at BD pictures. The tires/wheels are nice and big, they look great on the vehicle and not tiny at all. Optical delusions. I'm gonna be happy with the tires.

Those vinyl seats. Very comfortable. They have a smooth, buff texture and aren't the sticky vinyl texture of boat seats. They have a nice feel and will be great for sliding your butt across. Flip side is I think they could be a heavier grade of vinyl. I'm really not so sure they'll be that durable. I will enjoy being able to clean them with ease.

Bits and pieces I've been wondering about along with some of you, so I grabbed a picture:

The tow hitch and connectors

How the windows make contact with the rubber. They automatically drop down just a bit when the door opens, and return when it closes. Notice the window glass does not run the length/width of the passenger door.

You can see right to the road through that drain plug. Who will be the first to pee out of it? Somebody will.

Little bump on the dash where the USB port is on some packages. I wonder?

Looks like a 1/4" connector for the accessory rail. Could probably put a camera goose-neck right in it, but I'll get the rail.

The center console that will collect lots of dust and crud. 12v port in a really cheap feeling plastic center console box. There's a cut out pass through for a cord. We now know what comes out of the cup holder. I hope somebody makes something better.

Is your knee married to the center console? Mine isn't, but the side of my leg is. I can probably deal with this, but it's actually painful on a Jeep Patriot after an hour (it hits the knee in exactly the worst spot).

The driver's door is surprisingly close to your arm. I'll have to figure out where is comfortable for my arm. It didn't gouge, but I also don't recall any padding.

The 7-speed has a nice throw and a wonderfully mechanical feel and sound to it. It feels smooth and solid. A pleasure.

The useless on-body rock rails can go. Who would do such a thing? Mount them to the frame. I'm pulling them and putting on some side steps. Side steps have saved my Wrangler from every imaginable side ding, scrape, and bash.

20210426_220844333_iOS.jpeg

Those tires/wheels look so tiny compared to the rest of the body. I don't know why that is in pictures. In person they're perfectly proportional to the vehicle and look great! I tried different angles. The spare looks huge. The rest, not so much. They really do look awesome.

stbanning

Badlands
First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 platinum, mazdaspeed miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm Guessing these are the two they will be bringing to Tacoma tomorrow? I dont understand why they wouldnt at least bring one with SAS.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well guess I'm not gonna skip out on work. Way to F%$k this up Ford by not bringing a 2 door or a sasquatch package to the PNW. Have no interest in the 4 doors.
I was hoping to see a 2-door, and/or a Badlands. At least I'll get to see the MGV and the stick!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm Guessing these are the two they will be bringing to Tacoma tomorrow? I dont understand why they wouldnt at least bring one with SAS.
Story was they only had so many for the marketing teams to take that were ready for a road trip, plus I suspect it’s a function of driving several thousand miles with people and gear.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no interest in the more doors either but it's still worth sitting in one and putting your hands on it. You just need to imagine it with the right proportions.

OP
OP
Misterbear

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no interest in the more doors either but it's still worth sitting in one and putting your hands on it. You just need to imagine it with the right proportions.
Exactly. A two door of any type would have been nice just to get the feel of it. My order is for a Black Diamond. It doesn't matter how many doors the show model has, there were specific elements I wanted to look at that are common to both sizes. It would have been nice to see a MIC top.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to take a later slot which is perfectly fine. I was getting my 2nd vaccine shot at Convention Center. It wasn't that busy when I arrived. Lots of Wranglers in the parking lot. Much busier when I left. Even the Bronco Sports were nice. If I needed two vehicles, I'd certainly consider getting one of those also.
That's too funny. When the event was here, I had my second shot as well in the morning and then later that day went to go see the Broncos.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, why couldn't they bring one of every model and color and every option. How rude of Ford!

You should cancel now!

tb8983

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, why couldn't they bring one of every model and color and every option. How rude of Ford!

You should cancel now!
I cancelled months ago when they couldn't get there mind made up about pricing, availability, what options with what packages ETC ETC. I had a low number reservation. Wanted to go look to see if I made a good decision or a "I'm going to be mad at myself decision"

Wasn't expecting every model and color but was at least expecting a 2 door and 4 door
Sponsored