Sponsored

Pos off set or neg off set for a base bronco.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
General question on my bronco for the next item on the list. Just got the windows tinted today, does anyone who has gotten a base and changed the tires know if I need a pos offset or negative offset in order to fit a 33 on my bronco. I know there are a few other variables that will dictate which would work and which wouldn't. If you found something that works please let me know. Thank you and here is my bronco is the new window tint and one before tint
Ford Bronco Pos off set or neg off set for a base bronco. 20210801_190601

Ford Bronco Pos off set or neg off set for a base bronco. 20210801_195139

20210727_153828.jpg
Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

following - I have a 4 door base rapid red coming next week.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How pumped are you?
Giddy as kid on x-mas morning - someone needs to tell me it is time to open presents. Especially after spending the last two days at off-rodeo.

OP
OP
Ricky_gibbs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Giddy as kid on x-mas morning - someone needs to tell me it is time to open presents. Especially after spending the last two days at off-rodeo.
I'm jealous. I couldn't swing it to make it out to Utah from here. Which one did you get to go to

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm jealous. I couldn't swing it to make it out to Utah from here. Which one did you get to go to
The one in Texas. Just a five hour drive for me from Dallas.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Ricky_gibbs was the hard top glass tinted at all from the factory or did you have to tint that, too? Wondering if every trim essentially gets the same MIC top or if there’s different glass specifically for the base top.

EDIT: also following for the wheel info (I’ve got a base order, too. Congrats on winning the lottery!

OP
OP
Ricky_gibbs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Ricky_gibbs was the hard top glass tinted at all from the factory or did you have to tint that, too? Wondering if every trim essentially gets the same MIC top or is there’s different glass specifically for the base top.
So the glass came completely without tint, not sure which trim offers a level of tint though I think it is just the base that comes without tint. I could be wrong though

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the glass came completely without tint, not sure which trim offers a level of tint though I think it is just the base that comes without tint. I could be wrong though
Base is the only trim without tint, but I was hoping the tops would all be tinted since they’re coming from a third party vendor. I have a soft top ordered. If those windows aren’t tinted, that’s going to be a bigger challenge to address than your MIC top.

Looking forward to seeing what wheels and tires you go with. It’s going to change the look A LOT!

OP
OP
Ricky_gibbs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base is the only trim without tint, but I was hoping the tops would all be tinted since they’re coming from a third party vendor. I have a soft top ordered. If those windows aren’t tinted, that’s going to be a bigger challenge to address than your MIC top.

Looking forward to seeing what wheels and tires you go with. It’s going to change the look A LOT!
I wish black steelies were an option on the base. I've always like them. I've been looking at icon wheels and the fuel blocks. With some 33s on it

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

33's will fit on the stock 16" wheel offset ...which is +55mm. 285/75-16 , technically, the tire manufacter's say you need 7.5" for a 285, but many tire shops will mount it up.
Guy on facebook has done it, pics are in another thread I posted in recently. Search button is your friend, this has probably been asked 32 times the past week.

All factory Bronco wheels are +55mm EXCEPT the ones wearing 315 wide tires(Saquatch, FE, Wildtrak), which use a +30mm offset.

Anything wider than 285 on a +55 wheel starts getting pretty close to the upper control arm, which is why they moved to a +30 for the wider 315 tires.

OP
OP
Ricky_gibbs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
33's will fit on the stock 16" wheel offset ...which is +55mm.
All factory Bronco wheels are +55mm EXCEPT the ones wearing 315 wide tires(Saquatch, FE, Wildtrak), which use a +30mm offset
Thank you I appreciate it

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Manufacturers always tint via a dye in the glass. It is always better to tint the glass yourself via a film as a dye does not protect from UV and heat.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish black steelies were an option on the base. I've always like them. I've been looking at icon wheels and the fuel blocks. With some 33s on it
You can pick up the same wheels from a Ranger for $62 apiece if you really want them. Same part number as the Bronco Black Diamond wheels. You'd just need to order the Bronco center caps.
https://www.wheelsandcaps.com/p-152436-steel-17x75-wheel-rim-stl99062u.aspx

I've thought about doing the same but I'd like to see what the suspension clearance is with a wider tire. Somebody here quoted a Facebook post with a picture of 315's mounted on them and allegedly they didn't rub but that's hard to believe 🤯

OP
OP
Ricky_gibbs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can pick up the same wheels from a Ranger for $62 apiece if you really want them. Same part number as the Bronco Black Diamond wheels. You'd just need to order the Bronco center caps.
https://www.wheelsandcaps.com/p-152436-steel-17x75-wheel-rim-stl99062u.aspx

I've thought about doing the same but I'd like to see what the suspension clearance is with a wider tire. Somebody here quoted a Facebook post with a picture of 315's mounted on them and allegedly they didn't rub but that's hard to believe 🤯
I think even a little bit wider would change the look dramatically
Sponsored