First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I wish I had a dollar for every time those same question have been asked.
Thank you for your patience / Just trying to clarify that re the MIC 2.0 version top - still FREE/NO CHARGE. / And, PS:
Ford Bronco Positive news from MAP Ford Employee about MIC top replacements and how they are being handled. 1631492915130

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's a thought. Since they can probably change out way more DM tops in a day than they can ship...will a good number of new MIC 2.0 Broncos just go back home to Dirt Mountain with their new top?

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a thought. Since they can probably change out way more DM tops in a day than they can ship...will a good number of new MIC 2.0 Broncos just go back home to Dirt Mountain with their new top?
I hope mine doesn't..My dealership is only 45 mins from MAP.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But…. They are de virgin-ized, and not really “new” anymore sitting outside for several months are they?
Never bought a vehicle off a lot then? Always just ordered everything? If not, then you’ve never had ‘new’ vehicle by your definition.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whats Fair, You do the best you can taking in all factors. "Not Fair" is very subjective. :unsure:
How about this - they pull, replace, and ship based on reservation timestamp, not build date. This is their opportunity to right the wrong that those commodity shortages forced on them.

Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How about this - they pull, replace, and ship based on reservation timestamp, not build date. This is their opportunity to right the wrong that those commodity shortages forced on them.
That would requiring shuffling around too many vehicles as they're likely parked in order of date built.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have gleaned, they don't intermingle finished (shippable) units and QC holds.
My guess, they will go to a shipping yard.
Either a regular one or a special one for DMG Broncos...if they were to make them a priority for shipping.

Garask

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fision
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Once again... Yay Ford for keeping customers happy with communication! (hopefully my sarcasm is coming through)

But here's a thought, since Ford jumped the gun on giving us VIN's and build weeks about 3 weeks ago, how about Ford allows us to make minor changes to the build?

Something like maybe they allow us to change a color? Or they allow me to add the mod bumper to my BaseSquatch? Or add in aux switches?

Maybe that would lessen the sting a little!
I have had a VIN since May with build date of June 21. It has been rescheduled 6 times and is now Nov 2. The dealer did go in and make a change for me adding a locker rear ended. I have the Preview Order to prove it. So yes changes can be made.

bogshotrods

Badlands
First Name
Danny Bogner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
Sponsored